Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
65,681 - 65,700 of 81,569 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
Raven

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

W KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
I can completely understand what you went through. I am blessed that I can stay here and care of my mom and I still have an income, so that's covered. My problem is that I have very little help. I have a sibling and their family, three adults but they "don't have time" to help me the majority of the time. I am the one responsible 24/7. I think since the middle of October somebody has been here one 24 hour period to let me have a break. They have NO IDEA how sometimes you just need a mental break!!! I would also like to have a little bit more of a life myself but it is pretty much on hold. But that's okay because even though me and mom didn't always agree on everything (and still don't!), I couldn't ask for a better mother. I do have a wonderful boyfriend that helps me more than my own family, no comparison! He will do anything I need him to do and 90% of the time he offers to help before I think to ask him. Mom is still getting around fairly well on her walker so she's not completely helpless. I don't like leaving her home alone but sometimes I have to. I get her settled in so hopefully she won't have to get up, but still I worry the whole time I am gone. I finally decided that either she has to be by herself a little bit or she has to go to a nursing home. There are just things that I have got to go do sometimes like pay bills and grocery shop and now and then I do take 2-3 hours for me. It gets hard sometimes but I don't want her in a nursing home no more than she wants to be there. But if something happens to me, no doubt that is where she will be. Thanks you guys (AW and Raven). It's nice to talk to somebody that understands.
If I was your neighbor, I'd sure help you stop in sit with her. I have sitter problems myself ;)
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Good evening my topix friend and the stooges. Hope you had a pleasant rainy day.

Yes, Imposter, I was out enjoying LIFE, evening was awesome, got home late and too tired to open topix and ruin it with all the obvious bashing that was going on, mostly at my expense I suspect by the gaps and who was posting. I also had to work at 6am, so sleep was a necessity. I know you hate to hear that. Enjoying life, working on a second career and being a productive member of society. All that you and your stooges lack and resent. Looks like the major sweep came through with a vengence and wiped you all away. You really don't think you are fooling anyone with your foreign location spin, do you. Looks like you and your daddy tried to make nice today and please the mods. Except for your nasty foreign garbage that will go as soon as there is a shift change. lol

You three stooges need to come to grips with I DON'T CARE what you spin as your truth. The decent posters and regulars still here, dropping in or just reading know better. Keep entertaining yourselves by all means, we know you have no life outside topix poor cry babies.

Have fun with while you can. Continue to show your true colors. BLACK with shades of HATE.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

@ raven and WKGirl, I sympathize with you. Been there and done that with most of what you posted. Note to WKGirl, do whatever you can to keep your Mom with you. I lost my Mom this year as well as several family/friends, and one of her biggest fears was she would die in a Nursing Home. We told her that would never happen, we would hire a full time nurse if we couldn't take care of her at home. Luckily, we have a large family and that wasn't a problem. I hate that you don't have any help because it is very draining emotionally, more that physically. I had a friend that was in the same scenerio as you, absolutely no help from siblings, I would go sit with her Mom so she could have some time at least twice a week when I got off work. I loved that woman, she had so much to share of her life and an era we do not appreciate enough. I love listening to her stories. Sadly, there are many like her and you out there. They have a lot to share with anyone who will listen. So precious. My friend was rejuvenated when she returned and I was so grateful I could make that happen for her. Of course when she passed, they all came out of the woodwork to claim what they thought was theirs and they thought they were entitled to. Early in her illness before she was heavily medicated etc..she changed her will leaving the house and contents to the daughter that stayed, but equally shared insurance, savings etc. They had the nerve to threaten my friend to take her to court. That would of been a mistake, they would of lost. Sad how people act. I know that there has been a lot of loss and pain in my lifetime, but nothing compared to losing my Mom. She drew her last breath with her 6 kids and grandchildren at her bedside in her home. One of her wishes in life. A couple years ago she had to do rehab and they wanted to keep her close to home, there was a Nursing Home/Rehab facility she was at for a month doing in house rehab. It was a shore trying to convince her she was there for REHAB, not to live or be left behind. We would never let that happen. I admire anyone who can work in a Nursing Home. It is so sad and I would never last once the first one died that I was fond of and the realization that people park their parents in these places and never visit. I cried everytime I left that place after visiting Mom. It was an excellent run facility and we became quite fond of the caregivers there. I don't discuss much private life issues for the obvious harassing reasons, but I wanted to share that with you. Cherish those moments with your Mom. I hope you have a friend to help out. Good you have a man who loves you enough to make up for ones who choose not to help out. You are very lucky. I see that the two of you have realized what a special, unique man Ancient Wolf is like we (a bunch of early on posters) did posting two years ago. I am honored to call him friend getting to know him through emails, pictures and life sharing stories along with a few others who admire him. He is one of the best. Too bad there aren't more like him. If there were I wouldn't still be single these last five years. lol

Hang in there ladies.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Today's news that caught my eye was:

the 7.3 Japan earthquake (On Pearl Harbor 71st anniversary no less) and as well as the usual California, Hawaii, Alaska, there was Oregon, and in the Madrid Fault Zone...

Arkansas

Then this:

National Geographic and CDC offer preparedness tips on Doomsday Preppers (we are way ahead of them)

19 states, Tennessee being one of them.
Meningitis outbreak

I have dinner dishes to do and then I am a couch potato for the rest of the night enjoying peace and quiet and good TV night. Got plans for tomorrow and tomorrow night. Need my rest.

Have a great chilly, rainy evening. Stooges not so much.

"CLICK"
W KY Girl

Woodridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Raven wrote:
<quoted text> If I was your neighbor, I'd sure help you stop in sit with her. I have sitter problems myself ;)
Thank you very much Raven. That is very nice of you.:)
W KY Girl

Woodridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Doc Martin is coming on, yes! I am so easily entertained, sad. lol

Since: Jan 10

Scotts Vegas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Danm if it isn't the everpresent ill Bill. Looks like your class of runnin mates has dropped.
Raven

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
Only to the three stooges and their minions. I am their favorite person to slander, bully, and obsess over. Most of my "FRIENDS" I made here 2 years ago discussing the BIRDS are no longer posting thanks to the filth and tactics of this hatful bunch. You need to go back and reread the last couple pages. I no post near as much as I did before the invasion of these thread killers. I only have a couple friends left on this thread posting, but we still email each other and sometimes we have great laughs about this thread and people like you. By all means...join them if you aren't already the IMPOSTER or their little cousin pinkpony dropping in for some slurs. Guess it would take a while to laugh yours off, as it appears you are all Azz. Laugh all you want. Join their sewer una crew, I don't care. Dazzle away.
Be back later, maybe. Lurk around late and you can join in on the anticipation that they have waiting for me. HA
Just read the news. I feel so sorry for the Japanese people, no where to go. Thanks for putting up the posts;)
W KY Girl

Woodridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
@ raven and WKGirl, I sympathize with you. Been there and done that with most of what you posted. Note to WKGirl...
Thank you very very much for your kind words Abeliever! It is good to know that other people can understand.:) Oh yes, I intend for mom to stay at home. God willing that is where she will be. Yes, I do have a wonderful man. Actually he reminds me a little bit of Ancient Wolf. No doubt AW's wife was blessed to have such a man to call her own.:)

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

No time for birds today.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Not too much different here. Who knew??
kirk the capn

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

whats with all the buzzards?

Since: Jan 10

Scotts Vegas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Teddy Fartman wrote:
Take a good close look at the at the IP location, Bluewhiner. You ignorant fool.
Take a good long consideration of what you are referring to as "the IP" is not the IP. That location is usless...I reckon you think an impuster went to South America to post for a while earlier today.
Raven

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

kirk the capn wrote:
I think it's called Cluck Fest and who can raise the biggest stink.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

kirk the capn wrote:
They are trying to save their three little crow stooges on Hempburn's land. lol
Raven

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Only smoking I'll be doing's when I'm dead.Hateful.
Raven

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Calling a woman a headache after you 've been estranged for awhile shows resentment and anger about what might've been. Now, women on the other hand if get fed up with Ol Windbags that we've gotten tired of we move on. I detect a bit of loved him and left him syndrome. Got the man so tied up in knots he gets angry because his head ache walked away leaving him with a bigger pain, loneliness and confusion.
Fred

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

What is this about?
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Raven wrote:
<quoted text> Just read the news. I feel so sorry for the Japanese people, no where to go. Thanks for putting up the posts;)
It is sad. I use to post the article with the link to newsworthy events that might affect us all especially the ones who live in the Madrid Fault Zone but I am can't do it anymore for the complaints of spam by that bunch. There were several "spam queens" here like on some other threads. You can still find plenty on other threads everyday, just not this one. They wanted to ruin our discussions and inject such as you seen removed after shift change like I mentioned earlier would happen. It is a shame. We had a lot of interesting things going on with just an occassional hater calling us "nuts" until the April invasion. It still has interesting subjects and you can see by interacting with Ancient Wolf how you could make topix friends. I don't do politics, religion, or who done who threads. I really did like this one though and made many friends who shared the same stories of life, brought much to the thread in wisdom, humor, music, theories, weather alerts etc. I miss that. Sorry about all the posts tonight. I just felt like sparring with someone for some reason. haha I think your call on the old hateful one about abandonment issues is true. Like you said women are done and move on.

I have enjoyed your posts and identify with a lot of what you have posted. Too bad you didn't get on when the birds fell dead. You would of fit right in being a regular. We got each other through some cabin fever. Learned alot too. Made some friends who still stay in touch outside topix and none of us have ever met.

Have a peaceful night. I like the washing the thread just got. I need to play nice now.:)
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

W KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you very very much for your kind words Abeliever! It is good to know that other people can understand.:) Oh yes, I intend for mom to stay at home. God willing that is where she will be. Yes, I do have a wonderful man. Actually he reminds me a little bit of Ancient Wolf. No doubt AW's wife was blessed to have such a man to call her own.:)
Your welcome. There are alot of people who shared many things early on in the thread when we became friends and through a common goal to try and figure out why the BIRDS dropped dead we shared many stories, theories, music, recipes, beliefs, and during bad weather we were better than the weather channels radar. lol You are fortune to have a man that reminds you of Ancient Wolf. He is a very unique and special person. I am honored to be his friend and wish I could find one close to his character.

I hope you get to keep your Mom for a very long time. She is lucky to have you too. You can never get those moments back and all that you have will never be enough once she is gone. My Mom has joined my Dad this year, I was blessed to have both of them. It's been a rough year coming to peace with it though, especially with Christmas upon us. I am also grateful to have a large family to spend our first Christmas holiday without her with. I also hope you are graced with a friend or sibling to come help you out. Maybe the holiday spirit will overcome them. I hope so. Tis the season for giving. I spent all the time I could with mine. I sure miss her.

Have a great weekend.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Lawrenceburg Forum right now

Search the Lawrenceburg Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 15 min gdave950 146,189
steve greene 1 hr its about time 1
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 1 hr oscar 16,116
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 2 hr terri 26,184
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 2 hr shew 1,014
Shannon Boblett (Apr '12) 4 hr shannon boblett 6
pizza hut (Apr '13) 7 hr i still work there 12
•••
•••
•••
Lawrenceburg Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Lawrenceburg Jobs