did kentucky really pass the drug tes...
country

Lawrenceburg, KY

#21 Apr 27, 2012
Aaron wrote:
<quoted text>
A little angry are we...lol
If it's a legitament point I will listen, but going off on a red herring is not going to impress anyone I don't think.
"When I loose my rights"...well I plan, save, work hard and don't try to excape my responsabilities. Yes bad things happen to good people, but then again good people wouldn't mind submitting to a drug test for their free money. it's those that can't pass the drug screaning that are complaining.
Yeah I get a little angry when people start demanding others to have there personal lives invaded. No I don't have to take a drug screen. I see it as eroding the civil liberty's of the country one step at a time. First we start with the poor just one small step then it's something else and before you know it there will be cameras in your bedroom. To tell you the truth I don't believe in government assistance in any form but they take money out of my check every week and call it insurance. If I buy car insurance and have a wreak I expect them to honor there commitment so if I can't work for medical reasons I expect the government to honor there commit the same as I would any other insurance carrier I my have. Since I pay for this insurance it does not come out of your check I pay for it. That being said if I had my way there would be no government assistance at all for anybody no price supports no earned income credit no subsidies for multimillion dollar company's. I believe in total freedom over your own body if want to shoot battery acid in your veins that's not my business. Basically god gave me this body to do with as I will It's called free will. Any body who interferes with this right is a fascist. Don't treed on me should be embroidered on the flag.
Aaron

Ann Arbor, MI

#22 Apr 28, 2012
country wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah I get a little angry when people start demanding others to have there personal lives invaded. No I don't have to take a drug screen. I see it as eroding the civil liberty's of the country one step at a time. First we start with the poor just one small step then it's something else and before you know it there will be cameras in your bedroom. To tell you the truth I don't believe in government assistance in any form but they take money out of my check every week and call it insurance. If I buy car insurance and have a wreak I expect them to honor there commitment so if I can't work for medical reasons I expect the government to honor there commit the same as I would any other insurance carrier I my have. Since I pay for this insurance it does not come out of your check I pay for it. That being said if I had my way there would be no government assistance at all for anybody no price supports no earned income credit no subsidies for multimillion dollar company's. I believe in total freedom over your own body if want to shoot battery acid in your veins that's not my business. Basically god gave me this body to do with as I will It's called free will. Any body who interferes with this right is a fascist. Don't treed on me should be embroidered on the flag.
This I will agree with most of what you say in this post and totally feel the same way about all of what you said except I don't think drug testing welfare folks will slippery slop to cameras in our homes. I understand your concerns, and if welfare folks were not such con artist then I don't think some of this would be that big of a deal.
country

Lawrenceburg, KY

#23 Apr 28, 2012
Aaron I understand your concerns. I just feel strongly that we are on a slippery slope. I remember Reagan implementing drug test and everybody saying that it was unconstitutional to be made to take one so he says oh it's only for people who have critical jobs like pilots and truck drivers so everybody said well that makes sense so they passed it now 20 some yrs later everybody has to take one even to work at the drive though window at McDonald's. When Social security started the number they gave you was not to be used for identification at all just a way to identify your account. Now you have to get one at birth and can you can not do anything with out it you know what I mean. The government has completely done away with the 4th amendment when they passed the patriot act. They keep chipping away at what the founders had in mind and we keep letting them because were scared. I personally don't think we should give them one more ounce of power. I believe they will keep on and on till we have a form of government some what similar to Nazi Germany and it will come so slow nobody will see it happening. Sorry for going on and on about this it just makes me sick to see how far we have let it grow so far.
SheepDog

Shreveport, LA

#24 Apr 28, 2012
If you want to get down to it, welfare is technically unconstitutional. I have no problem helping those in need, but our politicians have made welfare just another way for them to buy votes.

The number of folks who genuinely need it make up a tiny fraction of the whole.
fact not fiction

Lawrenceburg, KY

#25 May 1, 2012
Look at numbers and see what you think they can all be found online for your verification. There are 76,688 people on welfare in the state of KY according to the US census bureau. Now the way this law is written only the person who applies for benefits can be drug tested and if they fail the test and eventually lose there benefits they will have there food stamps cut by $13 to $16 dollars a month which is what average adult draws. Remember now the spouse and kids still get theirs. The person who was excluded from the rolls is still the applicant so no one else in the family can be drug tested. No cash benefits can be touched because in KY only familyís with children can get actual money and this money is just a benefit for the children. Now if you subtract the number of people who legally can't be tested from the total number of recipients you get some thing like 25,563 who can be tested. Of these people only 1% to 7% are drug users according to the KY state government. So you have on the high end 7% of 25,563 who have the potential to fail. Now all of the people to be tested are given a notice of the test in advance so if they use pain pills, methamphetamine, cocain and such and stop using three to four days in advance of the test it will come back negative only the marijuana user will be identified because this drug stays in your system for 30 days or longer. It is up to the case worker as who is to be tested so we must train them in how to profile a user. Each test cost $42. If you fail the test you have 60 days to get clean before you get tested again you still get to keep your food stamps for those 60 days. Then if you fail you are offered drug rehabilitation. Treatment costs on average $615 a week most treatments last 30 to 90 days. Who do think pays for that? Yes it's you. If they complete this after a year they get there $13 to $16 back. It costs tax payers $60,000 a day for to run our assembly in Frankfort. I have know ideal how many days the law was debated but you can bet we spent in the hundreds of thousands if not millions to even get the law passed. The government estimates only 1% will fail the test thatís 256 people. So we get to cut around $49,152 from the food stamp program a year which is a Federal program so its funded by the Federal government not the state net saving to the state zero. If we tested every one that can be tested the cost is $1,073, 646 for a year just for one test paid for by the state. That does not included the administrative costs or any other money spent. Now if your for this law it's not really to save you money it's because you see someone getting some thing your not and most people can't stand that. Your willing to spend way more money than you save to wage class warfare. And I will tell you now I do not do drugs or condone the use of drugs. I am not on welfare .
Agree

Danville, KY

#26 May 24, 2012
I have to take a test to get a jjob. So why not?
KYAnon

Louisville, KY

#27 Jun 14, 2012
I am glad they passed this FINALLY. I'm tired of my tax dollars going to people just so they can more drugs with it, f*** them
just my opinion

Lawrenceburg, KY

#28 Jun 14, 2012
I think that anyone that gets any Government help at all should have to have an pay for drug testing.Whether it be welfare,foodstamps,disablity or whatever.There is so much abuse.There are those that get huge $ for small problems especially disablities.Some people work their behinds off every day in pain while others sit back with a big fat check in the mail.Some use their children for that purpose.If some doctors were checked out that label some people disabled,it just might change there too.I know some people deserve disablity because they cannot work.They are the ones that the money should go to,but point being,drug test everyone that gets our money that pays them.
idiot

Frankfort, KY

#29 Jun 14, 2012
If you would like to make an intelligent argument about this topic, you may want to use spell check idiots. Just saying!
just my opinion

Lawrenceburg, KY

#30 Jun 14, 2012
Well Idiot from Frankfort jus cuz somphin aint spel rite Iz gus u dunt mak mestakes.Wow doesn't take much to pi** some people off LMAO!pitiful!mus be gud bein parfac
grim reaper

Harrodsburg, KY

#31 Jun 18, 2012
sounds like all of you are on drugs if you are not on drugs you will take the test so you can get help you take the test so you can get a job because you want work if dont want to be tested either you dont to work or you are on drugs.
grim reaper

Harrodsburg, KY

#32 Jun 19, 2012
idiot wrote:
If you would like to make an intelligent argument about this topic, you may want to use spell check idiots. Just saying!
some people may not know how to spell but they got their point across didnt they
grim reaper

Harrodsburg, KY

#33 Jun 19, 2012
just my opinion wrote:
I think that anyone that gets any Government help at all should have to have an pay for drug testing.Whether it be welfare,foodstamps,disablity or whatever.There is so much abuse.There are those that get huge $ for small problems especially disablities.Some people work their behinds off every day in pain while others sit back with a big fat check in the mail.Some use their children for that purpose.If some doctors were checked out that label some people disabled,it just might change there too.I know some people deserve disablity because they cannot work.They are the ones that the money should go to,but point being,drug test everyone that gets our money that pays them.
you are ever so right.
Lois

Louisville, KY

#34 Jun 20, 2012
I think everyone getting assistance should be drug tested. People want to scream and yell how it is a invasion of privacy. Well that is not true. We all take drug test to get a job and to keep it. No one is saying there is anything wrong with getting help when needed. But we all see people selling there food stamps for money, drugs and everything else. Some stores will take it for things besides food. No they are not suppose too. If you have nothing to hide then take a random drug test and then get your help that you need. I do not think they should be told when they will take it. There are a lot of ways to beat the test. Unless they do hair test. Which is to expensive. Also there is nothing wrong with them paying for the test themselves. A few dollars for more money is worth it. But as we all hear all the time people complain about having to sit and wait for thirty minutes to an hour to get the help. So it is just another thing for people to complain about.
MTB1969

Harrison, AR

#35 Oct 25, 2012
I agree with Lois. My husband is subjected to a drug test every year when he takes his physical(also required.If it is an invasion of privacy to test those on public assistance, why does a hard working person who pays in the money used to pay these benefits not have the same rights? WHAT IS WRONG...hiding behind the constitution to have the right to use drug!!!!!!!!!!
brandy

United States

#37 Feb 19, 2013
If they didn't they need to. There is nothing wrong with me not wanting to support your habit .
Well

Union Star, KY

#38 Feb 27, 2013
In Kentucky(Thank you Bershear(NOT)Everyone (elderly included)has to be drug tested (for pain medication)and not all insurances are paying for it. I took my elderly mother to get a checkup. She was worn out after going to the appointment,then we had to go to the lab to get drug tested.
tax payer

Lawrenceburg, KY

#39 Feb 28, 2013
Unfortunately I have heard that is not a law! We the tax payer will continue to support those who choose to live on welfare! They trade their food stamps for drugs, most of them have a phone with internet but their kids don't have anything to eat! It's ok go ahead an pop out another kid, we the tax payers will help support it! Sadly, these kind of people never get ahead in life and they set a pattern for their children as well (poor children will never know any other way). Yes there are times when people do need help and there's nothing wrong with that, however most of those on welfare know how to play the system, like it's a game! They get their rent paid, food stamps and a check and drive a better automobile than alot of hard working folks, they also have the option of a free education, when the honest working american has to repay the federal government for their education! They should help you for a limited time then you should either have to get a dern job or put a chasity on that thing! They could make a device such as they do ankle braclets for home incaration and alcohol monitoring. I am sure those that are getting any of the free government funds (we the peoples, tax money) will really bomb this post!
makeendsmeet

Lawrenceburg, KY

#40 Feb 28, 2013
fact not fiction wrote:
Look at numbers and see what you think they can all be found online for your verification. There are 76,688 people on welfare in the state of KY according to the US census bureau. Now the way this law is written only the person who applies for benefits can be drug tested and if they fail the test and eventually lose there benefits they will have there food stamps cut by $13 to $16 dollars a month which is what average adult draws. Remember now the spouse and kids still get theirs. The person who was excluded from the rolls is still the applicant so no one else in the family can be drug tested. No cash benefits can be touched because in KY only familyís with children can get actual money and this money is just a benefit for the children. Now if you subtract the number of people who legally can't be tested from the total number of recipients you get some thing like 25,563 who can be tested. Of these people only 1% to 7% are drug users according to the KY state government. So you have on the high end 7% of 25,563 who have the potential to fail. Now all of the people to be tested are given a notice of the test in advance so if they use pain pills, methamphetamine, cocain and such and stop using three to four days in advance of the test it will come back negative only the marijuana user will be identified because this drug stays in your system for 30 days or longer. It is up to the case worker as who is to be tested so we must train them in how to profile a user. Each test cost $42. If you fail the test you have 60 days to get clean before you get tested again you still get to keep your food stamps for those 60 days. Then if you fail you are offered drug rehabilitation. Treatment costs on average $615 a week most treatments last 30 to 90 days. Who do think pays for that? Yes it's you. If they complete this after a year they get there $13 to $16 back. It costs tax payers $60,000 a day for to run our assembly in Frankfort. I have know ideal how many days the law was debated but you can bet we spent in the hundreds of thousands if not millions to even get the law passed. The government estimates only 1% will fail the test thatís 256 people. So we get to cut around $49,152 from the food stamp program a year which is a Federal program so its funded by the Federal government not the state net saving to the state zero. If we tested every one that can be tested the cost is $1,073, 646 for a year just for one test paid for by the state. That does not included the administrative costs or any other money spent. Now if your for this law it's not really to save you money it's because you see someone getting some thing your not and most people can't stand that. Your willing to spend way more money than you save to wage class warfare. And I will tell you now I do not do drugs or condone the use of drugs. I am not on welfare .
A big solution to the problem would be to lobby for a child limit law if you are on government funds! You are allowed so many children (2) if you are on welfare for a period of time (birth control is supplied from your local health dept) after your child limit is up. Sorry, but you get nothing more once you have reached your limit. I have 2 children and it gets tough sometimes to make ends meet. Just thing how much more I could give my own kids if I weren't having to help support all those on welfare playing the system
More taxes

Lawrenceburg, KY

#41 Feb 28, 2013
Aaron wrote:
I will have to disagree with your "common sense - would object..." Also the recipeint would pay the testing fees, not the state. What the courts decide is one thing, but what would say to a person that walked up to you and asked you for cash because they wanted some money from your wallet to go buy some drugs.
Really the recipeint will pay? Lol, if they are drawing food stamps or any welfare what makes you think they have the money to pay for drug testing. I am sure us tax payers will be paying for that as well which is why it has not passed. I think that drug testing should be done on people on welfare. However, I am sure none of us tax payers want more money coming out of our check to pay for it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lawrenceburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
hookers (Sep '16) 58 min i said it 17
Lisa Greene Piatt 59 min i said it 1
Gladys Walker and baby beater david brumback 15 hr Gladys walker 3
Jordan Freaking Cornish (Sep '16) 15 hr Google earth 16
Lillie waldridge Tue Tr_y 1
Jonathan Collins Mon Number 1fan 7
Drugs Mon Ding Ding 26

Lawrenceburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lawrenceburg Mortgages