Marijuana Alternative, K-2, Attracts Lawmakers' Attention

Full story: Fox4KC 53
A marijuana alternative that looks and works like the real thing, and is legal, is catching the attention of Kansas lawmakers. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
YY4U

Wichita, KS

#42 Mar 9, 2010
Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like you should have stayed abroad.
What are you saying Bill? I should have been killed in action? F U Bill!
Bill

Kansas City, MO

#43 Mar 9, 2010
YY4U wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you saying Bill? I should have been killed in action? F U Bill!
Nice! No, I am saying if you don't like your reported lack of freedom and claim it is better abroad, get the he!! out of here and quit your whining. I think you need counseling before you hurt someone.
YY4U

Wichita, KS

#44 Mar 9, 2010
No sir! I just realize that you and people like you have been lied to all your life. That sir, is much more dangerous than anything I can say or do. Look at facts and quit listening to patriotic songs designed to make you feel good. America has more people in prison than Russia, China and all of Europe combined. The U.S. correctional population those in jail, prison, on probation or on parole totaled 7.3 million, or 1 in every 31 adults. The United States has 5 percent of the world's population, but 25 percent of the world's prison inmates. Those are the facts. So go ahead and let freedom ring.
ARGH

Emporia, KS

#45 Mar 9, 2010
The only reason we have more people in prison here is because those other countries actually punish their criminals in jail we let them have TVs and other such niceties. Perhaps if our prisons were more of a deterent people would obey the law a little more.

And Obama is no doubt pushing his world view on people and he is not truthful about it. He slipped up when he was talking to Joe the plumber when he said "redistribution of wealth". Socialism is his agenda but he says it's something else.
YY4U

Wichita, KS

#46 Mar 9, 2010
Actually, because of the illegal drug trade there exists an unregulated market where customers enjoy no protection of law. Just like when we had prohibition of alcohol, customers of alcohol couldn't go to the courts when they were robbed. When there is no legal way of resolving disputes there will be an illegal way of dealing with them. Back then and today that means shootings, stabbings, kidnapping, fire bombs and other crimes that were and are totally unnecessary with proper consumer rights under the law. Face it, If you are sold a a defective product and the vendor refused to make it right, chances are you would tack it to a court. If you couldn't do that, then what? That what might be different depending on the amount you are out. What if that amount is $250,000?

Sure people who use marijuana as a recreational intoxicant are just as big of a nuisance as people who use alcohol as a recreational intoxicant.

The law prohibiting marijuana is a bigger danger to society. The end users are only hurting themselves while the unregulated market is killing innocent bystanders and it is costing taxpayers billions in a futile attempt to slow down the flow.

Regulating the market is the way to go. The illegal market will wither and die as a regulated market provides billions to pay for enforcement so the billions we save can be used to balance budgets.

We can keep law enforcement at current levels payed for by the people who use marijuana or alcohol for recreational intoxicants.

As far as forcing legalization on anyone goes, it has always been legal to strap sticks on your feet and slide down the side of a mountain but nobody is forced to do it.

“Why is this so difficult?”

Since: Dec 09

timbuktu

#47 Mar 9, 2010
YY4U wrote:
Actually, because of the illegal drug trade there exists an unregulated market where customers enjoy no protection of law. Just like when we had prohibition of alcohol, customers of alcohol couldn't go to the courts when they were robbed. When there is no legal way of resolving disputes there will be an illegal way of dealing with them. Back then and today that means shootings, stabbings, kidnapping, fire bombs and other crimes that were and are totally unnecessary with proper consumer rights under the law. Face it, If you are sold a a defective product and the vendor refused to make it right, chances are you would tack it to a court. If you couldn't do that, then what? That what might be different depending on the amount you are out. What if that amount is $250,000?

If they hadn't been participating in illegal activity or pursuing illegal substances, they wouldn't have been victimized by the criminals.

Sure people who use marijuana as a recreational intoxicant are just as big of a nuisance as people who use alcohol as a recreational intoxicant.

Nuisance? I don't consider the spike in illegal activity and need for additional law enforcement and justice department budgets just a nuisance.

The law prohibiting marijuana is a bigger danger to society. The end users are only hurting themselves while the unregulated market is killing innocent bystanders and it is costing taxpayers billions in a futile attempt to slow down the flow.
Regulating the market is the way to go. The illegal market will wither and die as a regulated market provides billions to pay for enforcement so the billions we save can be used to balance budgets.
We can keep law enforcement at current levels payed for by the people who use marijuana or alcohol for recreational intoxicants.

You and I disagree apparently disagree about just how much alcohol costs us monetarily.

As far as forcing legalization on anyone goes, it has always been legal to strap sticks on your feet and slide down the side of a mountain but nobody is forced to do it.
Huh?

“Why is this so difficult?”

Since: Dec 09

timbuktu

#48 Mar 9, 2010
Okay, now it looks like I edited what you said rather than breaking it down to respond. Failed experiment, but my responses are real.

“Why is this so difficult?”

Since: Dec 09

timbuktu

#49 Mar 9, 2010
YY4U wrote:
No sir! I just realize that you and people like you have been lied to all your life. That sir, is much more dangerous than anything I can say or do. Look at facts and quit listening to patriotic songs designed to make you feel good. America has more people in prison than Russia, China and all of Europe combined. The U.S. correctional population those in jail, prison, on probation or on parole totaled 7.3 million, or 1 in every 31 adults. The United States has 5 percent of the world's population, but 25 percent of the world's prison inmates. Those are the facts. So go ahead and let freedom ring.
One reason for that may be that, rather than jail all of them, Communist China will still execute people they deem as criminals....and, among others,that includes people who worship God. Yes, European nations are a bit more lax and probably Russia too, but does Russia still practice banishments to Siberia or is it just that they still lack so much structure?
Gates Jr

Amherst, OH

#50 Mar 17, 2010
mizz goodie wrote:
thats nice now dat im 18 i can purchase it...
I dont know if you guys heard of it or not but there is a spot that actually sell some really good legal herbal bud not the 3gm bag of sake for 60 buck im sorry but 60 bucks for less than an 1/8th is ridiculous no matter how nice it feels there are way smarter decisions to make with the amount you spend to get a quality weed alternative try herbalefex dot com i havent been let down yet
For what its worth

Leawood, KS

#51 Mar 17, 2010
There were two punks arrested for robbery at the Argosy recently. They were staying at the casino, decided to run over to the closed convenience store across the street, break the window out and steal some K2/booze. They were arrested hours later in their hotel room. Hope it was worth it.
jaydee

Doylestown, PA

#52 Mar 17, 2010
The DEA is now seizing shipments of this substance even though it is not yet illegal. How did this rogue agency gain so much power? They are the equivalent of the KGB and the Gestapo combined and just as violent and brutal.
Um no

Emporia, KS

#53 Mar 17, 2010
No they aren't.You are just paranoid. Wonder why?
jhon

Puteaux, France

#54 Oct 25, 2011
where is this place

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lawrence Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KS Who do you favor in the Kansas governor's race? 40 min delete THIS 209
men wearing panties (Nov '09) 3 hr Andrew 8443 132
KS Kansas Right to Bear Arms Question, Constitutio... (Oct '10) 23 hr Annonymous 6,013
KS Kansas Voting Disqualification Amendment - Ment... (Oct '10) Sep 8 Helms-persecuted ... 321
Men in Knickers (Oct '08) Sep 8 knickerlover 1,126
Students' quilt depicts life of slave abducted ... Sep 7 Rock 2
Review: Hurricane Alley (May '13) Sep 3 Dudley1030 2
•••
•••

Lawrence Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Lawrence People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Lawrence News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Lawrence
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••