Who do you support for Attorney Gener...

Since: Jun 09

Hiawatha

#105 Oct 28, 2010
I love this! You are running so scared you feel compelled to try to discredit this man in a mountain of absolute rubbish.

Revis of Lincoln NE, all it takes to find out who you are and what your political leanings are is to do a simple google or bing search on Snooki Revis. Your tired and pathetic ultra left-wing rants are out there for all to see.

But since you so desperately tried to cover the link to the video with your rubbish pile, here it is again for those who want to learn more of the truth.

then there is this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Revis from Lincoln NE, admit it, you are an extreme leftist.

George Mattson
Hiawatha, KS

The Referee
...because I call 'em like "I" see 'em...
Snooki Revis

Lincoln, NE

#106 Oct 28, 2010
KS_Referee wrote:
I love this! You are running so scared you feel compelled to try to discredit this man in a mountain of absolute rubbish.
Fatface, I put up facts proving Barton uses factual inaccuracies and flat out falsehoods in his separation of church and state claim and this is your rebuttal?

The lard does not stop at the outside of your skull, I shall take your non rebuttal as an admission of total defeat.

Since: Sep 09

Heaven

#107 Oct 28, 2010
KS_Referee wrote:
Revis is right, true belief is faith based not some agenda of indoctrination, deception and back door theocracy.

Hiawatha

#108 Oct 28, 2010
Once again the couth, tact and class that most gain while earning a law degree (IF you actually did, Ha!) seem to have eluded you.

I also noticed you sourced Rob Boston.

According to his bio on his blog,
[QUOTE who=" http://blog.au.org/author/boston/" ;]<quoted text>
Rob Boston is senior policy analyst at Americans United for Separation of Church and State. Rob, who has worked at Americans United since 1987, also serves as assistant editor of AU's "Church & State" magazine. Rob is the author of three books: "Close Encounters with the Religious Right: Journeys into the Twilight Zone of Religion and Politics" (Prometheus Books, 2000); "The Most Dangerous Man in America? Pat Robertson and the Rise of the Christian Coalition" (Prometheus Books, 1996) and "Why the Religious Right Is Wrong About Separation of Church and State" (Prometheus Books, 1993; second edition, 2003).[/QUOTE]

According to Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rob_Boston

Ooh, I really like this one:
http://www.secularstudents.org/node/212

And I found this one particularly uplifting:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rob-Boston/1085...

Scroll down to the last related global post... It seems one of Rob Boston's books is recommended reading if you happen to follow "The Atheist's Guide to Christmas" on facebook. http://www.facebook.com/atheistxmas

I can not, and frankly don't care to try to change your mind. I simply will not let you, and leftists like you lie to everyone on here.

Your stripes keep showing up more pronounced than before. I sincerely encourage you to carefully consider going down this road with me. Maybe I'm not smart enough to know when to quit, maybe I'm just too stubborn for my own good. Regardless, I tend to dig more and more when I believe I am right. Maybe everyone here would benefit if you just agree to disagree. As I am certain neither of us will give an inch. It's your call.

George Mattson
Hiawatha, KS

The Referee
...because I call 'em like "I" see 'em...

Hiawatha

#109 Oct 28, 2010
Oh well, so much for the attempt at a quote.

Hiawatha

#111 Oct 28, 2010
LOL!
Snooki Revis

Lincoln, NE

#112 Oct 28, 2010
KS_Referee wrote:
Once again the couth, tact and class that most gain while earning a law degree (IF you actually did, Ha!) seem to have eluded you.
Once again you refuse to debate facts in your agenda ridden link, perhaps you can start here, or does the truth not play a part in your lard filled mind!

Barton's biggest whopper concerns Thomas Jefferson, who coined the metaphor "wall of separation between church and state." Jefferson used that phrase in an 1802 letter to the Danbury (Conn.) Baptist Association. According to Barton, Jefferson went on to add that the "wall" was meant to be "one directional," protecting the church from the state but not the other way around, and, furthermore, that it was intended to keep "Christian principles in government."

This is a complete fabrication, and if Barton would take the time to actually read Jefferson's letter he would see that he is simply wrong. Jefferson's letter says nothing about the wall being "one directional" and certainly does not assert that it was meant to keep "Christian principles" in government.

Hiawatha

#113 Oct 28, 2010
Maybe the Library of Congress would suit you better:

http://www.loc.gov/loc/lcib/9806/danbury.html

It's a short read. Most people should be able to get through it in 15-30 minutes. For you, I can wait longer.

Revis in Lincoln NE, again I ask, do you really want to do this? I'm just saying...

Referee
Snooki Revis

Lincoln, NE

#114 Oct 28, 2010
KS_Referee wrote:
Revis in Lincoln NE, again I ask, do you really want to do this? I'm just saying...
Referee
The question is where does Jefferson say the "wall" was meant to be "one directional,"?

According to Barton, Jefferson went on to add that the "wall" was meant to be "one directional," protecting the church from the state but not the other way around, and, furthermore, that it was intended to keep "Christian principles in government."

Jefferson's words, same source!

I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should "make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;" thus building a wall of eternal separation between Church & State.

http://www.loc.gov/loc/lcib/9806/danpost.html

Try again bobblehead.

Hiawatha

#115 Oct 28, 2010
In all the writings they talk about man's individual right to religion. Also, not until the 18th Amendment was ANY limitation placed upon the individual citizen by the Constitution. This was then later repealed via the 21st Amendment.

When I read Jefferson's letter I come to the same conclusion as Barton. Especially when I read the entire letter.

From WallBuilders (David Barton's site):
Prior to the American Revolution, the only English Bibles in the colonies were imported either from Europe or England. Publication of the Bible was regulated by the British government, and required a special license. Robert Aitken's Bible was the first known English-language Bible to be printed in America, and also the only Bible to receive Congressional approval. Aitken's Bible, sometimes referred to as "The Bible of the Revolution," is one of the rarest books in the world, with few copies still in existence today.
http://www.wallbuilders.com/LIBissuesArticles...

So... if what I read above is right, then how exactly did that intended wall of separation work out?

Again from Wallbuilders:
Many people are surprised to learn that the United States Capitol regularly served as a church building; a practice that began even before Congress officially moved into the building and lasted until well after the Civil War. Below is a brief history of the Capitol's use as a church, and some of the prominent individuals who attended services there.

This happened under Jefferson, so I ask AGAIN, how did this wall of separation thing work out?

As we part this time, remember, you have your opinion. I have mine.

Referee
Snooki Revis

Lincoln, NE

#116 Oct 28, 2010
KS_Referee wrote:
This happened under Jefferson, so I ask AGAIN, how did this wall of separation thing work out?
Referee
You are dodging a very specific question!

Barton: The Supreme Court in 1947 lifted the phrase "wall of separation between church and state" from a speech Thomas Jefferson made in 1801.Later in the speech, Jefferson went on to say, "That wall is a one directional wall. It keeps the government from running the church but it makes sure that Christian principles will always stay in government."

Your liar stated ...

Jefferson went on to say, "That wall is a one directional wall. It keeps the government from running the church but it makes sure that Christian principles will always stay in government."

That is a direct quote from Jefferson, not some vague reading of intent, SO WHERE IS THE QUOTE, FATHEAD!
NWFC champ Joe Revis

Lincoln, NE

#117 Oct 28, 2010
KS_Referee wrote:
In all the writings they talk about man's individual right to religion. Also, not until the 18th Amendment was ANY limitation placed upon the individual citizen by the Constitution. This was then later repealed via the 21st Amendment.
When I read Jefferson's letter I come to the same conclusion as Barton. Especially when I read the entire letter.
From WallBuilders (David Barton's site):
Prior to the American Revolution, the only English Bibles in the colonies were imported either from Europe or England. Publication of the Bible was regulated by the British government, and required a special license. Robert Aitken's Bible was the first known English-language Bible to be printed in America, and also the only Bible to receive Congressional approval. Aitken's Bible, sometimes referred to as "The Bible of the Revolution," is one of the rarest books in the world, with few copies still in existence today.
So... if what I read above is right, then how exactly did that intended wall of separation work out?
Again from Wallbuilders:
Many people are surprised to learn that the United States Capitol regularly served as a church building; a practice that began even before Congress officially moved into the building and lasted until well after the Civil War. Below is a brief history of the Capitol's use as a church, and some of the prominent individuals who attended services there.
Referee
Shut your PIE HOLE!! Mr. potato head!

Hiawatha

#118 Oct 28, 2010
You sourced Rob Boston to make your argument. Rob Boston is a leftist atheist, who like you, will twist anything to fit his agenda. Just like with you, the ends justify the means.

Am I saying that everything he claims is wrong? No. I saying he has an agenda. Do I think everything David Barton says is spot on accurate? Again, no. But the difference is when David Barton sources original material. He does not source material that sources material that sources material.

On David Barton's statement where he supposedly claims Thomas Jefferson stated something that isn't written; I don't know if Barton said those things, I only have Rob Boston's claim. If David Barton DID, then he was wrong in doing so. If true, that single fact does not make everything else David Barton says a lie. If it did, a single lie by anyone in their life would make everything else they say a lie. That concept would mean that everything either you or I say here is a lie. We both know this isn't true.

With the exception of the Jefferson "wall" issue, much of Rob Boston's claims are generalizations at best.

I noticed that since it conflicts with your opinion on the subject, you conveniently ignored the US Capitol serving as a church. Oh, and it did so for 8 years while your "wall" guy, Jefferson, was President. Again, explain this complete separation of curch and state thingy if the US capitol was used as a church.

Finally, bringing in your gang of relatives to prove your point, serves only to point out that the water consumed by your family needs more chlorine. Maybe if the water contained more chlorine there would be branches on your family tree.

Is inbreeding really legal in Nebraska? If it is, I need to work at changing that.

Regards!

Referee
Six Fan

Chanute, KS

#119 Oct 28, 2010
I am from Independence, Kansas and I will be voting for Attorney General Steve Six.
Snooki Revis

Lincoln, NE

#120 Oct 28, 2010
KS_Referee wrote:
Is inbreeding really legal in Nebraska? If it is, I need to work at changing that.
Regards!
Referee
Is it legal in KS, I'll ask Amanda!

But I digress, was Barton correct in this statement.

Barton: Everson v. Board of Education, a 1947 Supreme Court parochial school aid case, was the first court ruling upholding church-state separation.

PS: I'm sure I want to do this!

Hiawatha

#121 Oct 28, 2010
This is a link to David Barton's comments on the subject. I can not possibly do them justice with my synopsis, so read them yourself.

Then determine if you are asking the right question. I think you are asking a question based upon the potentially misleading writing of Rob Boston. I see nothing of Barton's claim that this case was the first court ruling upholding church-state separation.
Here is another link where he has penned letters to the editor for folks to use:

You claimed David Barton said something I can not find. I think you sourced your information from Rob Boston. Where he sourced his information from, I have no idea, but it appears not to have come from David Barton.

A quick search of "first court ruling upholding church-state separation" and many selected variables produced no statement like you described. The closest was in my first (long) link.

Please post the source of the person making the allegation. As it stands, I can not offer an opinion because I can not read the context in which the statement was made. When I bing & google the phrase, I get the writings of Rob Boston.

That won't work on me. I would sincerely hope that if I tried pulling that on you, you too would call a foul. Furthermore, this made me think for just a minute. Since it happened once, I searched "That wall is a one directional wall". The only source I saw that was not related to construction was, you guessed it, Rob Boston.

Did David Barton make ANY of the statements Rob Boston claims he made? Again, I don't know. That would take quite a while for me to research. But it is not for me to prove his honesty. I openly sourced him. You openly sourced Rob Boston to discredit Barton. It appears to me that at least two of the quotes Rob Boston claims David Barton made are factually inaccurate.

In our chess game of opinion, I think I just took your queen, but mine is still hanging out there for the taking, so... It's your turn.

BTW, it appears we both enjoy a decent debate. I hope you are enjoying this too.

Referee
NWFC champ Joe Revis

Lincoln, NE

#122 Oct 29, 2010
Snooki Revis wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it legal in KS, I'll ask Amanda!
But I digress, was Barton correct in this statement.
Barton: Everson v. Board of Education, a 1947 Supreme Court parochial school aid case, was the first court ruling upholding church-state separation.
PS: I'm sure I want to do this!
This one too??
Snooki Revis

Lincoln, NE

#123 Oct 29, 2010
KS_Referee wrote:
You claimed David Barton said something I can not find. I think you sourced your information from Rob Boston. Where he sourced his information from, I have no idea, but it appears not to have come from David Barton.
"America's Godly Heritage" First Edition, Do you always use sources to quote material you don't even seem to be familiar with pinhead?
Six Fan

Chanute, KS

#124 Oct 29, 2010
I am from Independence, Kansas and I will still be voting for Attorney General Steve Six.
Randy

Omaha, NE

#125 Oct 29, 2010
Sex With Animals Fan wrote:
I am from Independence, Kansas and I will still be voting for Attorney General Steve Six.
Why do you enjjoy sex with animals?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lawrence Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Dallas K. Murphy May 27 Cheddar Cheese 2
News Homes damaged but small town spared after Kansa... May 27 Cheddar Cheese 1
men wearing panties (Nov '09) Apr '16 kscrossdresser 215
Sophie House Linwood KS (Jun '13) Apr '16 Micaela 29
News Sweepstakes and Contests Apr '16 Lucy Jane 1
News Sleek and sustainability-minded Lawrence Public... Apr '16 Lucy Jane 1
News National Endowment for the Humanities awards $5... Apr '16 Lucy Jane 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lawrence Mortgages