Dr. Mary Vernon Praises The Low-Carb ...

Dr. Mary Vernon Praises The Low-Carb Diet Approach For Diabetics On CNBC's dLife

There are 14 comments on the Livin' La Vida Low-Carb story from May 21, 2007, titled Dr. Mary Vernon Praises The Low-Carb Diet Approach For Diabetics On CNBC's dLife. In it, Livin' La Vida Low-Carb reports that:

Get to know diabetes and obesity practitioner Dr. Mary C. Vernon If you are livin' la vida low-carb and/or have Type 2 diabetes, then there is a doctor that you should be abundantly aware of for the tremendous ... via Livin' La Vida Low-Carb

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Livin' La Vida Low-Carb.

“Intrested in Weight Loss”

Since: Apr 07

Texarkana

#1 May 22, 2007
She is wrong in this as this is NOT the approach to the issue type 2 biabetes and will only caues more issues for the people tying to get better. I just can't hardly believe a doctor will support somthing you can live by..
Jimmy Moore

Greer, SC

#2 May 22, 2007
I'm sorry you feel that way, Dr. Smoothie, but Dr. Mary Vernon is helping diabetics deal with their diabetes and overcome it without the use of drugs. Their A1C levels are vastly improved, blood sugars stabilized, and reliance on insulin injections is lowered all through a simple, but effective change in diet.

“Intrested in Weight Loss”

Since: Apr 07

Texarkana

#3 May 23, 2007
Jimmy Moore wrote:
I'm sorry you feel that way, Dr. Smoothie, but Dr. Mary Vernon is helping diabetics deal with their diabetes and overcome it without the use of drugs. Their A1C levels are vastly improved, blood sugars stabilized, and reliance on insulin injections is lowered all through a simple, but effective change in diet.
By referring to the Atkins Diet as the way is what I am referring to not her efforts to reduce type 2 and insulin as thius diet is not the way to do it and without a doubt cause more problems down the road.

I am all for helping people learn what and why type 2 comes and how to best treat this problem.

The best way without a doupt is through weight loss to be specific FAT as this is the culprit that causes type 2 anyway.

Trying to eat it away is not the answer proper nutrition and exercise is getting good small meals throught out the day will keep sugar level stable and help promote fat loss.

6 small meals a day is ideal and 3-5 hours of exercise is enough per week to cause a person to lose weight or FAT the healthy way and will in many cases reverse the health issue as well.

If you care to learn more I will be happy to post in detail.
amberview

El Paso, TX

#4 Jun 5, 2007
Eating non-processed foods and eating green leafy vegatables.
What people are really doing is eating foods high in sugar if they are not on a low carb program. I see nothing wrong with the atkins diet and there have been no studies that prove that it is unhealthy to eat non-processed foods.
Also, I tried a low fat diet for a year and I lost 4 lbs. Now that I eat low carb and barely any processed foods, I am able to wake up earlier and go to sleep earlier.
I excercised when I practiced the low fat diet and the atkins way of life. I have lost more and feel better on atkins. Some doctors are informed and some are not. The ones that are not are probably the ones that believe dyhydrogen monoxide is bad for you too.

“Insulin; Metformin, Vitabase, ”

Since: Jun 07

South Wales, UK

#5 Jun 25, 2007
It is carb that is killing us. Diabetics do not process carbohydrate properly - that is why they are Diabetic!

To be healthy we need to cut the carbs. Low-carb is not the same as Atkins which was high protein. Some protein in the form of chicken or fish is fine but supplemented with lots of fresh veg - active foods (80% veg/20% protein). Eating small amounts often is fine as long as it's healthy foods.

Carbs raise the acidity level in the body which stops it functioning properly. Bring the body back to optimum alkalinity and it will work properly. Google 'Alkalizing; for more info.

I am type II diabetic on insulin but this way of eating brought my BS levels down to normal on just half the insulin, encourages weight loss, cleared up my IBS and Candida and gave me more energy. It works.
Dan Falcone

Gaithersburg, MD

#6 Jun 27, 2007
I am deperatly seeking a physician in the Washington D.C. area for my TypII friend is needs a doctor who practice integrate medicine.
That is one who is seriously nutrition oriented and who can educate and motivate my friend who is being mismanaged by his primary care physican who is a cardiologist and is not educated in the connection with diet and insulin response.
Any contact website or phone numbers would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks so much and God Bless You.
Dan Falcone [email protected]
Big Kahuna

Florence, KY

#7 Feb 3, 2010
I have been living a low carb lifestyle for 3 years now and have lost 65 pounds and after just a week on low carb, I HAD to stop my diabetes and all related meds. Low carb has changed my life. I've had blood work done several times in the last 3 years and all tests come back IDEAL! New studies are coming out all the time finding that low carb is good. Look at the Duke study that found high fat/low carb lowered blood pressure. People and doctors can say what they want but I know from first hand experience that it works. According to my doctor, "whatever you're doing, keep doing it, because it's working". Check out my story on www.ourlowcarblife.com
Bad wolf

Austin, TX

#8 Mar 16, 2010
I have had type II for almost 20 years, all of the doctors I have been to in Austin,TX. only want to control it, not help to cure it. If anybody has used Dr. Vernons method & it CURED type II , I would like to know about it.
Drsmoothie I would also like to know what your version is. Thanks
Dana Carpender

South Bend, IN

#9 Mar 18, 2010
drsmoothie wrote:
She is wrong in this as this is NOT the approach to the issue type 2 biabetes and will only caues more issues for the people tying to get better. I just can't hardly believe a doctor will support somthing you can live by..
I'm guessing you mean "can't live by"? Because otherwise your post makes no sense.
Why, oh, why do doctors persist in excusing suicidal diets for diabetics because they're "livable?" Do you tell parents to ignore their kids' peanut allergies because after all, kids love peanuts and peanut butter, and we can't really expect them to give up these things forever? Do you tell alcoholics that they really need to learn to have just one drink now and then, because after all, alcohol is a part of the culture, and they'll just feel so deprived without it?
And I've been eating a low carb diet for nearly fifteen years. I find it *vastly* more livable than a low fat diet ever was. The food is better, I feel *far* better, and I never have to feel hungry.
happygal

Wolcott, IN

#10 May 12, 2010
Bad wolf wrote:
I have had type II for almost 20 years, all of the doctors I have been to in Austin,TX. only want to control it, not help to cure it. If anybody has used Dr. Vernons method & it CURED type II , I would like to know about it.
Drsmoothie I would also like to know what your version is. Thanks
I am a rheumatoid arthritic who was recently diagnosed as having typeII. I was never overweight. I have never had a weight problem other than trying to keep it on. I followed the suggestions by Dr. Vernon for one week. After one week my numbers were reduced from 260's, sometime 423, to 180. My numbers are normal now, 80 - 120. This just after following the diet for one month. She (Dr. Vernon)is prescribing a LOW carb diet. The Atkins plan just gives some guidelines and is quite helpful. Your intake of carbs will be in most of the Atkins type diet foods you consume. Previously, I had been on metformin and vomiting and passing green stools. The medicine never worked for me. I was being directed to take injectible insulin. My numbers via a Freestyle meter were super high. Now, I feel great and the diet has helped the arthritis. Dr. Vernon was on target for me.
jwz

Mankato, MN

#12 Mar 30, 2011
I think diabetes is caused by the food people eat and whats put in it. I have no family history of diabetes and am by no means over weight. I had a poor diet when i was young and thats what it came from
HOUMANN

Houston, TX

#13 Apr 19, 2011
drsmoothie wrote:
First, you have to research how the body digests food, carbs, fats, and sugars. Since the body converts carbs into sugars, it makes sense to eliminate carbs. The real key to understanding the problem with diabetes is digestion. The harder the body has to work to digest food, the least likelihood that it will convert or retain sugar or fat. Think about that Dr Smoothie.
Numppa

Canada

#14 Mar 24, 2012
Actually. the way I understand. It What she is saying is the high starch high carbo diet proposed by the Ada causes your insulin level to spike. White flour starch spikes blood sugar rapidly. High insulin signals your cells to store fat. Eating a high fat diet actually helps you lose fat. Your system will burn off whatever it's conditioned to. Read in a British runners magazine you need to quickly drop chub eat saturated fats for a week with protein. Go run in the morning before breakfast to deplete the glyco from your liver. Cut way back on carbs Usually your system will utilize stored glycogen and blood sugar from your meal for energy. By cutting carbs and running in a fastng state you force your body to burn fat. Most don't in northamerica. Food guide pushes grains spuds and pasta.
I find if I go easy on supper. Eat big omelettes with salsa. Thin crAckers with coconut oil instead of butter in the morning my sugars are 5.6 to 6.5 by dinner. Bout 7 +!early morning. No Meds Celt cinnamon bitter melOn zinc ala chromium etc. nutraceutical run half hour a day. Weight train three times a week. Works good. Went from 198lb to 174 since last year march. The doc got the right idea. Don't diss it. ADA is about creating profit for drug and food corporations. They don't work for the sick and the ailing. They work for the wealthy and powerful. Check out Dr Al Sears as well. Good handle on endocrinology
Dietforhumans

Memphis, TN

#16 Jul 9, 2012
How can Drsmoothie be so wrong?
People are ignoring the crazy diet advice drs have been giving people for T2 diabetes and literally curing it themselves. Low carb is better, cheaper, and more effective than wasting money on prescriptions and bad drs!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lawrence Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jacob Dorman - Colostomy bag with ears May 12 Kankan 1
How did Cindy Helms Rice die? (Jan '16) Apr '17 stepping on do henry 15
Crystal Fleener Mar '17 Sway45 7
Man needs mental help (Sep '16) Mar '17 spec ops 23
What happened with the e-coli levels in the Kan... Mar '17 legendary 2
Seclected email recipients Feb '17 billjacklin 1
men wearing panties (Nov '09) Jan '17 Thomas J Ruthafor... 218

Lawrence Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance