created by: CitizenTopix | Oct 7, 2010

Kansas

3,298 votes

Kansas Right to Bear Arms Question, Constitutional Amendment Question 1

Click on an option to vote

  • Yes
  • No
  • Other (explain below)

Comments (Page 238)

Showing posts 4,741 - 4,760 of5,739
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Bob and George

Junction City, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4942
Jan 21, 2013
 
lol wrote:
Go ahead, George. You know you want to.
https://www.youtube.com/watch...
Racists can't help themselves. It always comes down to some form of justification. You're a racist, George.
Bob, does this mean that you and George won`t be breaking cornbread together at the MLK Day luncheon at the VFW ?
xyz

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4943
Jan 21, 2013
 
door king wrote:
We are living in the safest period in our history and the reduction in the rate of firearms deaths is as likely related to the fact that fewer homes have them and better medical care than it is to the proliferation of gun collectors. The latter have a financial stake in an open gun market and care nothing about rights. Fewer and fewer people (rates) own more and more guns. How does that solve anything?
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/01/ameri...

Since: Sep 07

Drearyville KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4944
Jan 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

xyz wrote:
So what's your point? A black president is good for gun marketing?
lol

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4945
Jan 21, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

2

this is door kings mentality.

The Americans With No Abilities Act

President Barack Obama and the Democrat-controlled Senate are considering sweeping legislation that will provide new benefits for many Americans. The Americans With No Abilities Act is being hailed as a major legislative goal by advocates for the millions of Americans who lack any real skills or ambition.

"Roughly 50 percent of Americans do not possess the competence and drive necessary to carve out a meaningful role for themselves in society," said California Sen. Barbara Boxer. "We can no longer stand by and allow People of Inability (POI) to be ridiculed and passed over. With this legislation, employers will no longer be able to grant special favors to a small group of workers, simply because they have some idea of what they are doing."

In a Capitol Hill press conference, Nancy Pelosi and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid pointed to the success of the U.S. Postal Service, which has a long-standing policy of providing opportunity without regard to performance. Approximately 74 percent of postal employees lack any job skills, making this agency the single largest U.S. employer of Persons With No Ability.

Private-sector industries with good records of non-discrimination against the inept include retail sales (72 percent), the airline industry (68 percent), and home-improvement warehouse stores (65 percent).
At the state government level, the Department of Motor Vehicles also has an excellent record of hiring Persons with No Ability (63 percent).

Under the Americans With No Abilities Act, more than 25 million mid-level positions will be created, with important-sounding titles but little real responsibility, thus providing an illusory sense of purpose and performance.

Mandatory non-performance-based raises and promotions will be given to guarantee upward mobility for even the most unremarkable employees.

The legislation provides substantial tax breaks to corporations that promote a significant number of Persons of Inability (POI) into middle-management positions, and give a tax credit to small and medium-sized businesses that agree to hire one clueless worker for every two talented hires.

Finally, the Americans With No Abilities Act contains tough new measures to make it more difficult to discriminate against the non-abled, banning, for example, discriminatory interview questions such as, "Do you have any skills or experience that relate to this job?"

"As a non-abled person, I can't be expected to keep up with people who have something going for them," said Mary Lou Gertz, who lost her position as a lug-nut twister at the GM plant in Flint, Mich., due to her inability to remember righty tighty, lefty loosey. "This new law should be real good for people like me. I’ll finally have job security." With the passage of this bill, Gertz and millions of other untalented citizens will finally see a light at the end of the tunnel.

Said Sen. Dick Durbin: "As a senator with no abilities, I believe the same privileges that elected officials enjoy ought to be extended to every American with no abilities. It is our duty as lawmakers to provide each and every American citizen, regardless of his or her inadequacy, with some sort of space to take up in this great nation and a good salary for doing so.
fail

Junction City, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4946
Jan 21, 2013
 

Judged:

4

2

1

lol wrote:
this is door kings mentality.
The Americans With No Abilities Act
President Barack Obama and the Democrat-controlled Senate are considering sweeping legislation that will provide new benefits for many Americans. The Americans With No Abilities Act is being hailed as a major legislative goal by advocates for the millions of Americans who lack any real skills or ambition.
"Roughly 50 percent of Americans do not possess the competence and drive necessary to carve out a meaningful role for themselves in society," said California Sen. Barbara Boxer. "We can no longer stand by and allow People of Inability (POI) to be ridiculed and passed over. With this legislation, employers will no longer be able to grant special favors to a small group of workers, simply because they have some idea of what they are doing."
In a Capitol Hill press conference, Nancy Pelosi and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid pointed to the success of the U.S. Postal Service, which has a long-standing policy of providing opportunity without regard to performance. Approximately 74 percent of postal employees lack any job skills, making this agency the single largest U.S. employer of Persons With No Ability.
Private-sector industries with good records of non-discrimination against the inept include retail sales (72 percent), the airline industry (68 percent), and home-improvement warehouse stores (65 percent).
At the state government level, the Department of Motor Vehicles also has an excellent record of hiring Persons with No Ability (63 percent).
Under the Americans With No Abilities Act, more than 25 million mid-level positions will be created, with important-sounding titles but little real responsibility, thus providing an illusory sense of purpose and performance.
Mandatory non-performance-based raises and promotions will be given to guarantee upward mobility for even the most unremarkable employees.
The legislation provides substantial tax breaks to corporations that promote a significant number of Persons of Inability (POI) into middle-management positions, and give a tax credit to small and medium-sized businesses that agree to hire one clueless worker for every two talented hires.
Finally, the Americans With No Abilities Act contains tough new measures to make it more difficult to discriminate against the non-abled, banning, for example, discriminatory interview questions such as, "Do you have any skills or experience that relate to this job?"
"As a non-abled person, I can't be expected to keep up with people who have something going for them," said Mary Lou Gertz, who lost her position as a lug-nut twister at the GM plant in Flint, Mich., due to her inability to remember righty tighty, lefty loosey. "This new law should be real good for people like me. I’ll finally have job security." With the passage of this bill, Gertz and millions of other untalented citizens will finally see a light at the end of the tunnel.
Said Sen. Dick Durbin: "As a senator with no abilities, I believe the same privileges that elected officials enjoy ought to be extended to every American with no abilities. It is our duty as lawmakers to provide each and every American citizen, regardless of his or her inadequacy, with some sort of space to take up in this great nation and a good salary for doing so.
Your attempt at humor failed.

“Dump Brownback ”

Since: Oct 10

Junction City KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4947
Jan 21, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

lol wrote:
Go ahead, George. You know you want to.
https://www.youtube.com/watch...
Racists can't help themselves. It always comes down to some form of justification. You're a racist, George.
I believe white scumbags like you are lower than crack babies and welfare queens. A coward and bully like you, who advocates for racism, calling another a RACIST has zero credibility.

“Dump Brownback ”

Since: Oct 10

Junction City KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4948
Jan 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

xyz wrote:
The Gateway Pundit Jim "Dim" Hofts has well earned the title of Dumbest Man on the Internet

“Dump Brownback ”

Since: Oct 10

Junction City KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4949
Jan 21, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

2

lol wrote:
this is door kings mentality.
The Americans With No Abilities Act
President Barack Obama and the Democrat-controlled Senate are considering sweeping legislation that will provide new benefits for many Americans. The Americans With No Abilities Act is being hailed as a major legislative goal by advocates for the millions of Americans who lack any real skills or ambition.
"Roughly 50 percent of Americans do not possess the competence and drive necessary to carve out a meaningful role for themselves in society," said California Sen. Barbara Boxer. "We can no longer stand by and allow People of Inability (POI) to be ridiculed and passed over. With this legislation, employers will no longer be able to grant special favors to a small group of workers, simply because they have some idea of what they are doing."
In a Capitol Hill press conference, Nancy Pelosi and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid pointed to the success of the U.S. Postal Service, which has a long-standing policy of providing opportunity without regard to performance. Approximately 74 percent of postal employees lack any job skills, making this agency the single largest U.S. employer of Persons With No Ability.
Private-sector industries with good records of non-discrimination against the inept include retail sales (72 percent), the airline industry (68 percent), and home-improvement warehouse stores (65 percent).
At the state government level, the Department of Motor Vehicles also has an excellent record of hiring Persons with No Ability (63 percent).
Under the Americans With No Abilities Act, more than 25 million mid-level positions will be created, with important-sounding titles but little real responsibility, thus providing an illusory sense of purpose and performance.
Mandatory non-performance-based raises and promotions will be given to guarantee upward mobility for even the most unremarkable employees.
The legislation provides substantial tax breaks to corporations that promote a significant number of Persons of Inability (POI) into middle-management positions, and give a tax credit to small and medium-sized businesses that agree to hire one clueless worker for every two talented hires.
Finally, the Americans With No Abilities Act contains tough new measures to make it more difficult to discriminate against the non-abled, banning, for example, discriminatory interview questions such as, "Do you have any skills or experience that relate to this job?"
"As a non-abled person, I can't be expected to keep up with people who have something going for them," said Mary Lou Gertz, who lost her position as a lug-nut twister at the GM plant in Flint, Mich., due to her inability to remember righty tighty, lefty loosey. "This new law should be real good for people like me. I’ll finally have job security." With the passage of this bill, Gertz and millions of other untalented citizens will finally see a light at the end of the tunnel.
Said Sen. Dick Durbin: "As a senator with no abilities, I believe the same privileges that elected officials enjoy ought to be extended to every American with no abilities. It is our duty as lawmakers to provide each and every American citizen, regardless of his or her inadequacy, with some sort of space to take up in this great nation and a good salary for doing so.
More spam from the coward of the county. He is conflicted because he knows what a waste of protein he and his dependent adult children are.
some new news

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4950
Jan 21, 2013
 
NBC is reporting that in the sandy hook shooting lanza was NOT armed with a assault rifle in fact the only weapons recovered in the school were 4 hand guns.
So it would appear there was a lot of false information being reported to push the left wing's agenda without facts. Way to go!
cite your source

Fort Scott, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4951
Jan 21, 2013
 
some new news wrote:
NBC is reporting that in the sandy hook shooting lanza was NOT armed with a assault rifle in fact the only weapons recovered in the school were 4 hand guns.
So it would appear there was a lot of false information being reported to push the left wing's agenda without facts. Way to go!
give us the link please
cite your source

Fort Scott, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4952
Jan 21, 2013
 
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/01/21/16...

NBCnews.com is reporting a “horrific” scene in New Mexico where a teenage boy allegedly killed his two parents and three siblings late Saturday night. Police found multiple weapons, including an AR-15 style semiautomatic rifle, near the scene of the shooting, according to the AP. But I don't find anything regarding Lanza NOT having an AR-15 type weapon with him or in his car.
Midnight Roamer

Holton, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4953
Jan 21, 2013
 
Door King wrote:
<quoted text>
I can outshoot most of you with a pistol or rifle: what I am phobic about is liars, which most of you are.
From what I've seen of your rants, I don't think you could hit the broad side of a barn. You don't know the difference between a "22, 222 or a 223. They are all 22 cal bullets. I doubt you have ever shot any kind of gun, probably don't own one and probably never will. Consider all the firearms there are in the U.S. and number of deaths caused from firearms is very miniscule.
Midnight Roamer

Holton, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4954
Jan 21, 2013
 
The One wrote:
"Mark Wahlberg stated,“I believe Charlton Heston is America’s best villain because he loves guns so much. Maybe he should get the award for being president of the National Rifle Association.”
Wahlberg, a repeatedly arrested teenage convicted felon, bad mouthed a champion of gun rights while portraying and glorifying gun slinging characters in films like “Planet of the Apes,”“Shooter,”“Three Kings” and “Max Payne.”
Wahlberg, in the April 26th, 2007 issue of Herald Sun:“I’d like to see if we could take them (guns) all away. It would be a beautiful thing.”
Do as I say not as I do. Meanwhile, Mr. Wahlberg is planning to release a soon-to-be feature entitled,“2 Guns” How appropriate."
As a convicted felon, he shouldn't even be around guns let alone handling them. I heard a man say onetime that it is wiser to keep your mouth shut and thought a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt.
say what

Fort Scott, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4955
Jan 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

some new news wrote:
NBC is reporting that in the sandy hook shooting lanza was NOT armed with a assault rifle in fact the only weapons recovered in the school were 4 hand guns.
So it would appear there was a lot of false information being reported to push the left wing's agenda without facts. Way to go!
NBC is reporting that a father shot his estranged wife to death and then killed himself during his daughter's 16th birthday party, but I don't find whatever it is you're referring to about Lanza.
Door Kings BOSS

Holton, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4956
Jan 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Door King wrote:
Oh this is like shooting kids in a Colorado high school.
Your sick enough to enjoy that.
gunowner

Tontitown, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4957
Jan 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

some new news wrote:
NBC is reporting that in the sandy hook shooting lanza was NOT armed with a assault rifle in fact the only weapons recovered in the school were 4 hand guns.
So it would appear there was a lot of false information being reported to push the left wing's agenda without facts. Way to go!
the video being referred to is old news. It was found at a web sure called www.crywolf.com at least that is where I found it after doing a Google search. However I also came across a Connecticut state police press release that stated the weapons recovered and where they were located 1) bushmaster ar-15 .223 cal 2) Glock 10mm handgun 3) Sig Sauer P226 9mm handgun were found in the school and a Izhmash Canta 12gauge was found in Lanza 's vehicle.
Now I am against some of the laws being proposed by the gun grabbers but I think we (gun owners) can win thus without any lies or false info. We will leave the lying and falsification stories to the politicians and gun grabbers.
shoot em all

Independence, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4958
Jan 21, 2013
 

Since: Sep 07

Drearyville KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4961
Jan 29, 2013
 

Since: Sep 07

Drearyville KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4962
Jan 30, 2013
 
lol

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4963
Jan 30, 2013
 
Street number an name on the mail box.

Immigrants should be required to learn the English language and this kinda crap wouldn't have happened.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 4,741 - 4,760 of5,739
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Lawrence Discussions

Search the Lawrence Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
men wearing panties (Nov '09) Tue Danafla 120
Men in Knickers (Oct '08) Tue frilly boy 966
Meteorologist: Myths Are No Protection From Tor... Apr 10 Denise 1
Sophie House Linwood KS (Jun '13) Apr 9 Katie 9
Review: Cedarwood Villa Apartments (Jun '13) Apr 7 Elise Gingrich 2
creepy guy (Mar '13) Apr 7 Elise Renee Gingerich 4
Do not move here! Apr 7 Elise Renee Gingerich 2
•••
•••
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••