Kansas Right to Bear Arms Question, C...

Kansas Right to Bear Arms Question, Constitutional Amendment Question 1

Created by CitizenTopix on Oct 7, 2010

3,514 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

GOVI ALTAY

Wichita, KS

#4656 Jan 9, 2013
Sammi wrote:
<quoted text>
If I were You, I'd be taking one looong look in the mirror before I called anybody "stupid". You 'ain't all that!
It's a real shame all you nuts have to hide behind a gun. Must be some real insecurities, or low self esteem. Sorry "bout ya...
~Anti-Gun
Awwwhhh!!! did the mean ole' Americans hurt your little libtrash sensitivities with our 2nd amendment? Huh? Run off to beddie-bye and cry your little DNC candyass-self to sleep.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#4657 Jan 9, 2013
GOVI ALTAY wrote:
<quoted text>I'm typing slowly so you can keep up:
S-H-A-L-L N-O-T B-E I-N-F-R-I-N-G-E-D.
Get it?
Why do you ignore the first part?

Location hidden

#4658 Jan 9, 2013
GOVI ALTAY wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2012/...
"The US has the highest gun ownership rate in the world - an average of 88 per 100 people. That puts it first in the world for gun ownership - and even the number two country, Yemen, has significantly fewer - 54.8 per 100 people
• But the US does not have the worst firearm murder rate - that prize belongs to Honduras, El Salvador and Jamaica. In fact, the US is number 28, with a rate of 2.97 per 100,000 people
• Puerto Rico tops the world's table for firearms murders as a percentage of all homicides - 94.8%. It's followed by Sierra Leone in Africa and Saint Kitts and Nevis in the Caribbean"
Why do so many countries which don't allow civilians to own guns have higher murder rates than we do?
Edged weapons.
gunowner

United States

#4659 Jan 9, 2013
Here is a very simple thought some might not understand.
MY MONEY. MY HOME. MY TAX DOLLARS. MY BUSINESS.
I don't hide behind my guns I use them for hunting and sport. As long ad I am not doing any illegal activities keep your nose out of my business. I understand some people cowers under the thought that if something bad happens someone else will show up and fix it. Guess what you are on your own.
Does anyone know the number one reason the US hasn't been invaded? Its not our military or police force it happens to be the fact that the rest of the world knows the civilians are armed.
GOVI ALTAY

Wichita, KS

#4660 Jan 9, 2013
The Kangaroo wrote:
<quoted text>
Edged weapons.
wow! now just keep working the equation...

PSSSTT! The grownups know that it's the INTENT thats dangerous, not the GADGET.
door king

Corpus Christi, TX

#4661 Jan 10, 2013
you ignore not only the first clause of the amendment, but also the many thosands of gun accidents. The reason so many gun lovers do not want additional regulations is they are secret gun dealers, buying, selling and trading ammo and weapons to others without background checks or regulation. The jig is up and you people dealing death to the rest of us are about be put out of business.
Hearral

Mesa, AZ

#4662 Jan 10, 2013
The Kangaroo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you ignore the first part?
What about the first part?
Hearral

Mesa, AZ

#4663 Jan 10, 2013
door king wrote:
you ignore not only the first clause of the amendment, but also the many thosands of gun accidents. The reason so many gun lovers do not want additional regulations is they are secret gun dealers, buying, selling and trading ammo and weapons to others without background checks or regulation. The jig is up and you people dealing death to the rest of us are about be put out of business.
You ignore the hundreds of thousands of defensive gun uses. The reason gun control addicts want more regualtion is because they are rapists, murderers, and pedophiles and the last thing they want is to get shot while committing their crimes.

Location hidden

#4664 Jan 10, 2013
gunowner wrote:
Here is a very simple thought some might not understand.
MY MONEY. MY HOME. MY TAX DOLLARS. MY BUSINESS.
Then keep your vehicle off OUR Roads.
I don't hide behind my guns I use them for hunting and sport. As long ad I am not doing any illegal activities keep your nose out of my business.
Sounds OK but you still have to pay your taxes.
I understand some people cowers under the thought that if something bad happens someone else will show up and fix it. Guess what you are on your own.
This doesn't make any sense.
Does anyone know the number one reason the US hasn't been invaded? Its not our military or police force it happens to be the fact that the rest of the world knows the civilians are armed.
"Red Dawn" was a work of fiction. In real life the NRA would be the first to bow down to their new Commie masters.

An armed citizenry would be a consideration if we were located between Germany and the Netherlands, like a West Virginia town was through a temporal-spatial anomaly in Eric Flint's novels, and Flint, a United Mine Workers trade unionist and hunter-shooter, makes that point in the novels . But where we are located, it's well down the list. Our Canadian neighbors are too nice and as for those from our South: in 2004 at the height of anti-immigrant hysteria I was at a convenience store in Imperial County, California, on an Indian Reservation on the way back from a trip to Yuma and a teabagger sort of guy with whom I had a conversation said, "We're being invaded". Of course, after his release by Sam Houston following his defeat at the battle of San Jacinto in the War of Texas Independence, Mexican dictator General antonio Lopez de Santa Anna was said to have said the reconquista would be accomplished without firing a shot.

Location hidden

#4665 Jan 10, 2013
GOVI ALTAY wrote:
<quoted text>wow! now just keep working the equation...
PSSSTT! The grownups know that it's the INTENT thats dangerous, not the GADGET.
Ummm, and your point...?

Location hidden

#4666 Jan 10, 2013
Hearral wrote:
<quoted text>What about the first part?
You ignored it, Bubie.
door king

Corpus Christi, TX

#4667 Jan 10, 2013
The Kangaroo wrote:
<quoted text>
Then keep your vehicle off OUR Roads.
<quoted text>
Sounds OK but you still have to pay your taxes.
<quoted text>
This doesn't make any sense.
<quoted text>
"Red Dawn" was a work of fiction. In real life the NRA would be the first to bow down to their new Commie masters.
An armed citizenry would be a consideration if we were located between Germany and the Netherlands, like a West Virginia town was through a temporal-spatial anomaly in Eric Flint's novels, and Flint, a United Mine Workers trade unionist and hunter-shooter, makes that point in the novels . But where we are located, it's well down the list. Our Canadian neighbors are too nice and as for those from our South: in 2004 at the height of anti-immigrant hysteria I was at a convenience store in Imperial County, California, on an Indian Reservation on the way back from a trip to Yuma and a teabagger sort of guy with whom I had a conversation said, "We're being invaded". Of course, after his release by Sam Houston following his defeat at the battle of San Jacinto in the War of Texas Independence, Mexican dictator General antonio Lopez de Santa Anna was said to have said the reconquista would be accomplished without firing a shot.
You need to read the second amendment quotations in the wiki Kangaroo. Some founders made it clear that an armed citizenry was intended as a check against standing armies. Some added that the amendment applied to trained militias led by officers of their own choosing. Assault rifles have proven to be very effective against armies in urban situations. Think of the Arab spring. The founders also warned against arming untrained mobs. One of the great ironies is that gunphuques are providing for their own undoing by providing a regulatory framework throuch concealed carry laws.
door king

Corpus Christi, TX

#4668 Jan 10, 2013
As for the defensive use of a gun, most of those stats inclued getting out the pistol when you hear squirrel on the roof. I have no doubt that defense saves some lives and prevents a lot of crimes, but using one in defense increases the chances you'll be shot; it doesn't decrease them. Do we really need to get in a gun fight over $100 in the cash register? If you had people who were actually trained in use, and able, it would be different. A target range and a situation under stress are vastly different. It takes a lot of training to prepare for the latter. Most people couldn't handle it.
point of contention

Junction City, KS

#4669 Jan 10, 2013
GOVI ALTAY wrote:
<quoted text>Awwwhhh!!! did the mean ole' Americans hurt your little libtrash sensitivities with our 2nd amendment? Huh? Run off to beddie-bye and cry your little DNC candyass-self to sleep.
Not all Democrats or Liberals are anti-Second Amendment. To stereotype any group into a particular mind set is naive and pretentious. It`s that divisive mentality that does more harm than good.You don`t have to be a conservative, religious Republican to be a good American and patriot who loves their Country. That myth is pure fiction.
Buddy

Lenexa, KS

#4670 Jan 10, 2013
"If a conservative doesn’t like guns, they don’t buy one. If liberals don’t like guns, they don’t want anyone to be able to buy one."

"Also, The United States Constitution’s Second Amendment restricts the federal government from regulating guns at all. Technically, it is a State issue, but a concept like State Sovereignty normally flies high above the heads of today’s American Liberal. The Liberal Left believes that a strong, centralized federal government is what we need... except when someone like George W. Bush is President. Then they think it is a bad idea."

-Douglas Gibbs

Some facts for your ignorance

The Turkish Ottoman Empire established gun control in 1911. It then proceeded to exterminate 1 and a half million Armenians from 1914 to 1917.

The Soviet Union established gun control in 1929. Subsequently, from 1928 to 1953, 60 million dissidents were imprisoned and then exterminated.

China enacted gun control laws in 1935. After the communist takeover, from 1948 to 1952, 20 million Chinese, unable to defend themselves, were murdered.

Nazi Germany fully established gun control in 1938. That helped the government to round up 13 million defenseless Jews, Gypsies, homosexuals, mentally ill and impaired human beings. Many were imprisoned in concentration camps, then destroyed.

Guatemala passed gun control laws in 1964. Then, from 1964 to 1981, 100,000 defenseless Mayan Indians were exterminated.

Uganda established gun control measures in 1970. Predictably, from 1971 to 1979, 300,000 defenseless Christians met a similar fate.

Source
http://beforeitsnews.com/opinion-conservative...
Midnight Roamer

Holton, KS

#4671 Jan 10, 2013
door king wrote:
Yes, I thought some of you gunphuques might be stupid enough to show up there. Did you? Is that how you found out. I know most of you are too dumb to google. That's why you don't know that the murder rate in the U.K. is miniscule compared to ours, and that banning certain weapons in Australia was successful. It is also why almost all of your quotations from the founders are wrong.
I did Google your address moron and there is no S.5th in Topeka. SO about people making things up, we now know who is doing it. As far as lower murder rate in UK, they haven't allowed possession of guns for decades. Their Bobbies walked around unarmed for years. Not anymore though. The gun grabbing in Australia didn't help the crime rate there. When the guns were confiscated the crime rate rose it didn't decline. Remember when the Hitler was making his move, if it hadn't been for the American forces and their guns you might be speaking German. The reason for the American forces are so powerful is because of the "RIGHT OT BEAR ARMS". When a person enlists into the military the are already familiar with the use of firearms. Go back to the UK and mind your own business, but the UK probably don't want you over there either.
Midnight Roamer

Holton, KS

#4672 Jan 10, 2013
The Kangaroo wrote:
<quoted text>
Edged weapons.
And the populace is unarmed. How easy to kill with an edged weapon when there are no guns.
Hey

United States

#4673 Jan 10, 2013
If you take away the guns they will just blow you up.

Location hidden

#4674 Jan 10, 2013
door king wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to read the second amendment quotations in the wiki Kangaroo. Some founders made it clear that an armed citizenry was intended as a check against standing armies. Some added that the amendment applied to trained militias led by officers of their own choosing. Assault rifles have proven to be very effective against armies in urban situations. Think of the Arab spring. The founders also warned against arming untrained mobs. One of the great ironies is that gunphuques are providing for their own undoing by providing a regulatory framework throuch concealed carry laws.
I'm continually amazed by the entitlement mentality the gunfags have, Why not, if you really do need guns for protection, just be an outlaw and shut up about it? But, NOOOOOO! Gunfags are all wired into that John Wayne crap and have a lot invested in their illusion they possess middle class respectibility. News flash: while you were voting Republican because of your fears the Dems would take away your toys, the Republicans eliminated the middle class.

Location hidden

#4675 Jan 10, 2013
Buddy wrote:
"If a conservative doesn’t like guns, they don’t buy one. If liberals don’t like guns, they don’t want anyone to be able to buy one."
"Also, The United States Constitution’s Second Amendment restricts the federal government from regulating guns at all. Technically, it is a State issue, but a concept like State Sovereignty normally flies high above the heads of today’s American Liberal. The Liberal Left believes that a strong, centralized federal government is what we need... except when someone like George W. Bush is President. Then they think it is a bad idea."
-Douglas Gibbs
Some facts for your ignorance
The Turkish Ottoman Empire established gun control in 1911. It then proceeded to exterminate 1 and a half million Armenians from 1914 to 1917.
The Soviet Union established gun control in 1929. Subsequently, from 1928 to 1953, 60 million dissidents were imprisoned and then exterminated.
China enacted gun control laws in 1935. After the communist takeover, from 1948 to 1952, 20 million Chinese, unable to defend themselves, were murdered.
Nazi Germany fully established gun control in 1938. That helped the government to round up 13 million defenseless Jews, Gypsies, homosexuals, mentally ill and impaired human beings. Many were imprisoned in concentration camps, then destroyed.
Guatemala passed gun control laws in 1964. Then, from 1964 to 1981, 100,000 defenseless Mayan Indians were exterminated.
Uganda established gun control measures in 1970. Predictably, from 1971 to 1979, 300,000 defenseless Christians met a similar fate.
Source
http://beforeitsnews.com/opinion-conservative...
Douglas Gibbs is a moron if he really believes that. As to his "facts" they have a great deal of merit, but america is different from those other societies, although current right-wing groups like the NRA want to make it more that way. It'd be interesting what they'd say if liberals urged minority youths and women seeking reproductive health care to arm themselves. Personally I think we should.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lawrence Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sophie House Linwood KS (Jun '13) 6 hr Bubchuck 32
News Dallas K. Murphy Jun 5 Tiff Tutties 3
News Homes damaged but small town spared after Kansa... May '16 Cheddar Cheese 1
men wearing panties (Nov '09) Apr '16 kscrossdresser 215
News Sweepstakes and Contests Apr '16 Lucy Jane 1
News Sleek and sustainability-minded Lawrence Public... Apr '16 Lucy Jane 1
News National Endowment for the Humanities awards $5... Apr '16 Lucy Jane 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lawrence Mortgages