Newborn Abandoned In Shoe Box On Lawr...

Newborn Abandoned In Shoe Box On Lawrence Porch

There are 4 comments on the WEHT-TV Evansville story from Jan 22, 2009, titled Newborn Abandoned In Shoe Box On Lawrence Porch. In it, WEHT-TV Evansville reports that:

Police arrested a teenage mother who they say left her newborn baby in a shoe box on the porch of a home in the northeastern Indianapolis suburb of Lawrence.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WEHT-TV Evansville.

“Your Gods' Rules not mine.”

Since: Apr 07

Indianapolis

#1 Jan 22, 2009
I pity this child and I want her not to be charged with anything. But we need to be advertising the safe places one can reliquish a child. In Indiana the child can be under 30 days old and relinquished to any Emergency Care Personnel.

http://www.state.in.us/legislative/bills/2000...

For anyone who doesn't know the law states that the child can be surrendered to:

Sec. 1. As used in this chapter, "emergency medical services provider" means a firefighter, a law enforcement officer, a paramedic, an emergency medical technician, a physician licensed under IC 25-22.5, a nurse licensed under IC 25-23, or other person who provides emergency medical services in the course of the person's employment.
Bonnie Erbe

Fishers, IN

#2 Jan 22, 2009
Yes, but she didn't do this. She put the baby in harms way and almost let it freeze to death.

Convict her and make an example of this despicable behavior. Then others will think twice before pulling a bonehead move like this.

“Your Gods' Rules not mine.”

Since: Apr 07

Indianapolis

#3 Jan 22, 2009
Bonnie Erbe wrote:
Yes, but she didn't do this. She put the baby in harms way and almost let it freeze to death.
Convict her and make an example of this despicable behavior. Then others will think twice before pulling a bonehead move like this.
Despicable would have been a bathroom trashcan or dumpster. She's probably as uneducated about sex and reproduction as any good Christian raised kid can be.

Until we stop kowtowing to religionists we have to expect this sort of thing.

Teach not Preach!

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#4 Jan 22, 2009
One of the clues that helped crack the case was the shoebox from Stacy Adams......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lawrence Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Dog flu reaching epidemic levels in Chicagoland... 8 hr ima hoosier 2
Walter "Tom" Smith missing (Dec '07) 8 hr kenny 106
News Police dog breaks away, bites bystander (Jul '07) Wed Gen 181
Joe Donnelly needs to be fired Wed just cause 1
Stupid girl at Subway didn't get the joke Wed Ben 1
News Randy Ollis makes 2nd bakery stop on week-long ... Wed rjwampler 1
News Jared Fogle appears in federal court Wed bill kristol KKK 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lawrence Mortgages