Ebay Exodus: Why Are Thousands of Sellers Leaving Ebay?

Posted in the Lawrence Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of43
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
FormerEbayer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2013

Judged:

The mass departure has begun as unhappy, frustrated sellers leave ebay due to bad ebay policies adversely impacting their sales. A look at blogs on Twitter, Discussion Board threads on ebay, and posts on ecommerce new sites reveal horror stories from ebay sellers.
notevenclose

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2013

Judged:

Most sellers try to get rich off shipping charges and people are wising up.

Only those over charging are unhappy.
NewsObserver

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2013

Judged:

The problems at ebay are multifold and are being discussed all over the place both on and outside of ebay. Investors in ebay stock are probably very concerned right about now...
notevenclose

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2013

Judged:

Source? Examples? Links?
TrueStory

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2013

FormerEbayer

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2013

One need only read the ebay Discussion Boards themselves to see horror story after horror story...

Since: Aug 12

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2013

There was a time when I bought and sold stuff on ebay regularly but I haven't used the site in at least five years. My business went to amazon.com . Back in the day I could buy a new DVD or video game on sale at a retail store, use it, and resell it a month later. Worst case I would break even, and sometimes I would profit. Amazon.com cut prices to the point where it was cheaper to buy from them and it wasn't worth the hassle of reselling anything. At this point if I have used movies or games that are collecting dust I just give them away.
EbayWatch

Waxahachie, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2013

FormerEbayer wrote:
One need only read the ebay Discussion Boards themselves to see horror story after horror story...
Corporate ebay isn't trying to fix any of the problems that are impacting sellers. There's a new blog about all of this on WordPress. Here's a link to it: ebayhorrorstories.wordpress.com
Analyst

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Ina Steiner has written a lot of great articles about the many problems at ebay on ecommercebytes.com
love

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

I use eBay frequently. Haven't seen or heard one bad response on the service.

You people must have just gotten banned for not providing customers with what they ordered or trying to cheat people. Grow up.
2cransfromMO

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Oh you can guarantee its a thieve. Probably scamming people by PayPal and not sending out the alleged merchandise.

Chalk it up to just another druggie whose funds have run out cause eBay won't let em scam anymore.
FlawLESS

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

I like eBay as a whole, but sellers do get the raw end of the deal from buyers who aren't smart. People leave negative feedback for things like "sweater too small." A lot of times, the problem is the buyer because they didn't know that one brand runs smaller than another, and they didn't take time to ask questions or for specific measurements.

Also, now that there are a lot of fakes out there, it's hard to buy designer items and be confident that you're getting what you pay for.
who

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

FlawLESS wrote:
I like eBay as a whole, but sellers do get the raw end of the deal from buyers who aren't smart. People leave negative feedback for things like "sweater too small." A lot of times, the problem is the buyer because they didn't know that one brand runs smaller than another, and they didn't take time to ask questions or for specific measurements.

Also, now that there are a lot of fakes out there, it's hard to buy designer items and be confident that you're getting what you pay for.
Then YOU have a dishonesty problem and have not provided CORRECT measurement! Why is it the buyers fault you have ran a sweater through the dryer 25 times?!?

Get real and start being honest with your potential customers. Otherwise you deserve to be banned!!!
FlawLESS

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

who wrote:
<quoted text>
Then YOU have a dishonesty problem and have not provided CORRECT measurement! Why is it the buyers fault you have ran a sweater through the dryer 25 times?!?
Get real and start being honest with your potential customers. Otherwise you deserve to be banned!!!
You're clueless. If I list an item, and say it is size 6, I expect someone who doesn't know what a Banana Republic size 6 fits like to either message me for specific answers, or go try on a Banana Republic size 6 at the mall and see if it fits them.

The problem is people who can't think, like you. They assume that a size 6 from Walmart fits the same as a size 6 at another store.
yessireebob

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

been burnt on ebay a few times but overall i like it
FormerEbayMom

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

I'm so frustrated with ebay that I've gone back to doing consignment stores and yard sales. My kiddos love to help put on a yard sale!
WorldMarket

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Just have to wonder how this whole Global Shipping Program that ebay has been trying to thrust on sellers will turn out. Pitney-Bowes is the third-party shipper "middle man". Surely ebay wouldn't let their sellers take hits for mistakes in shipping that Pitney-Bowes might make...would they?
Analyst

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

Now that China has entered the ebay market, thousands of Chinese sellers are flooding the place with cheap, shoddy goods being sold internationally. A high volume of worthless junk certainly won't help ebay in the long run.
Ecommerce

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

The whole Global Shipping Program involving Pitney-Bowes is going to be one problem after another for ebay sellers.
crimestoppers

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

It's always been a site to basically "clean out the closet". Here's what I listed:

Old Shaq jersey from when I was in high school.

Pair of Michael Jordan shoes from when I was in high school.

My wife's open box of Insanity.

A few silver dollars I've had for a while.

An autographed Julio Jones football I got from an Alabama Football Camp in 2009.

All got removed within the last 30 minutes of the listing. Bids totaled over $600 in sales. Could have helped with bills tremendously! Was told that the silver wasn't clearly marked as authentic, my jersey and shoes were not authentic and I needed to provide original receipts, my football needed an authenticity paper to be listed, and I wasn't authorized to sell Insanity online.

Within 24hrs the suspended my account indefinitely! Now I can't sell on there at all! eBay used to be a great way to make a few extra dollars cleaning out your unwanted items. Obviously they only want the big name businesses selling on there now and the Chinese sellers. It's total BS! I use Bonanza now.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of43
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Lawrence Discussions

Search the Lawrence Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Peyton Manning & Angela Buchman (Oct '13) 6 hr Nap town girl 27
Will the real Craig please stand up 7 hr Com on 1
Why do most Blacks hate Whites? (Jul '13) 8 hr sadtruth 240
No more Cops 10 hr cpeter1313 8
Daviess County clerk refuses to grant same-sex ... 10 hr Driver 1 7
Past problems haunt Centex (Nov '06) 11 hr Unhappy Home Buyer 124
Indiana Agencies Told to Ignore Gay Marriages 11 hr jcofe 3
•••
•••