Police fatally shoot man after chase

Police fatally shoot man after chase

There are 396 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Jun 7, 2007, titled Police fatally shoot man after chase. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Six times in the past six years, Lawrence Primus had been arrested in traffic stops by two different police departments, once while he was on a bicycle.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 20
Next Last
Mike

Lafayette, IN

#438 Dec 12, 2007
I feel bad for the family but the city is rid of another criminal.

Good job, IMPD!
Megan-Indy

Louisville, KY

#439 Dec 12, 2007
Lawrences cousin wrote:
First of all ya'll have no right to talk about my cousin like he is a pice of crap. ya'll don't even know him. the police make up stuff just to make themselves look good. but i know the truth.My cousin was a good man nomatter what ya'll say or think.
Say what you want, and I am sure that your cousin had some good qualities...but he was not a good man....look at his criminal past. His life choices got him where he is today. That doesn't change the fact that his family is suffering from his loss...but to try to make him out to be something that he isn't, come on...we all know the truth!! It's just like a criminal to blame problems on the police...if everyone took responsibility for their own actions...most of the time they wouldn't end up in a police chase!!
MR THINKY GUY

AOL

#440 Dec 19, 2007
Megan-Indy wrote:
<quoted text>Say what you want, and I am sure that your cousin had some good qualities...but he was not a good man....look at his criminal past. His life choices got him where he is today. That doesn't change the fact that his family is suffering from his loss...but to try to make him out to be something that he isn't, come on...we all know the truth!! It's just like a criminal to blame problems on the police...if everyone took responsibility for their own actions...most of the time they wouldn't end up in a police chase!!
Absolutely right, Megan. Well said.
LiL cuzz

Indianapolis, IN

#441 Jan 10, 2008
ya'll don't know my cousin.he did'nt know him he was a good man. he did'nt deserve to die
His oldest cousin

Indianapolis, IN

#442 Sep 24, 2008
I hope that someone you love is taken away from you and then you'll see how it feels. This shit really hurts and he did what he had to do no thanks to the white man. It's a BLACK MANS AND DOPE MANS WORLD.
Thanks

Chicago, IL

#443 Oct 15, 2008
Thanks to the PO - LICE
Typical

Indianapolis, IN

#444 Oct 15, 2008
His oldest cousin wrote:
I hope that someone you love is taken away from you and then you'll see how it feels. This shit really hurts and he did what he had to do no thanks to the white man. It's a BLACK MANS AND DOPE MANS WORLD.
How typical. People can't take responsibilty for their actions. They like to hide behind color and blame the choices THEY make on another race. How pathetic.
dont worry bout it

Indianapolis, IN

#445 Dec 30, 2008
Harley wrote:
The scum deserved what he got.
....ok about your comment about the june 7th shooting with the cops and a man by the name of Lawrence Primus...let me just say this..I'm 17 years old and I loved my brother do death...yea he may have did some messed up things but he did it all for his family and for you to call him scum and you dont even know him is a very big problem to me...
First Lady

Indianapolis, IN

#446 May 23, 2009
How racist of you to make those remarks. Lawrence "Man" was a wonderful man, father, and loved one. Who are you to judge him? The black society are not the only ones at falt. What about the white people who are trashy and killing their on kids, mothers, etc? Don't act like you don't know some of these trailer trash mutha***, you might just be one.
P.S. the President is a STRONG, EDCATED, and DESERVING BLACK MAN!!!!!!!!!!
45 yrs in indy

Indianapolis, IN

#447 May 31, 2009
the color of his skin does not matter , and how well this man took care of his family does not matter, the fact that this man choose to live his life as an illegal and choose to kill himself ( weather it was his bullet or the bullet of whom he was shhoting at ) shows to me that he wasent a good man at all. real men take care of their people the right and legal way . but thats to hard to do , so dont make this less of a man into a saint because he was far from that . all in all though a loved human died and for that i feel sorry for his family
45 yrs in indy

Indianapolis, IN

#448 May 31, 2009
First Lady wrote:
How racist of you to make those remarks. Lawrence "Man" P S the President is a STRONG, EDCATED, and DESERVING BLACK MAN!!!!!!!!!!
the president is far better of a man then your "boi" lawrence. and how racist are you to point out that the president is a man of color. and before you start with you shyt let me tell you that skin color is just that skin.
Cusion

Indianapolis, IN

#450 Jun 5, 2009
45 yrs in indy wrote:
<quoted text>the president is far better of a man then your "boi" lawrence. and how racist are you to point out that the president is a man of color. and before you start with you shyt let me tell you that skin color is just that skin.
You "people" can't stand that the President is BLACK and sexy. Watch him run the hell out of this country. Something that the white man hasn't done!!! Obama ROCKS and others before him can suck a c***.!!!!!It's a Black Man's World, we just LET you "people" live in it.
Chris G

Indianapolis, IN

#451 May 2, 2012
You better watch your mouth about my cousin he dead and gone let him rest in peace you don't know shit about him to be speakin anything about him and if I ever see you in person I will beat the hell out of you and the other person on here agreeing with you stupid low lifes.
Chris G

Indianapolis, IN

#452 May 2, 2012
I wish I seen this shit when it was posted.
To you low life bums who had something to say about my cousin if it's possible to meet up I will personaly beat the hell out of each one of you one by one. None of you knew him to be talking about him in vein
Indy girl

Maumelle, AR

#453 May 2, 2012
Tax Dollar Saver wrote:
Thanks to the officers that put themselves in harms way, and I'm glad everything turned out in a good way. No expensive court trial for this lost soul.
Great job
triose

Mooresville, IN

#454 May 3, 2012
Chris G wrote:
I wish I seen this shit when it was posted.
To you low life bums who had something to say about my cousin if it's possible to meet up I will personaly beat the hell out of each one of you one by one. None of you knew him to be talking about him in vein
With your type of attitude, we will be reading your story/obituary next.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 20
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lawrence Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Can same-sex marriage make America healthier? 19 min Frank 10
BUYERS BEWARE - Junk John Deere Lawn tractors a... (Sep '11) 30 min really 134
News Woman who pulled son, 6, into Walmart brawl cha... 4 hr Might be Muckwheat 7
Confederate Flag "Next American Flag" 4 hr Might be Muckwheat 6
Watch wife in skirt in public 5 hr The Zombie 4
Pence is the biggest racist, sexist, and elitis... 14 hr dave 7
Closing of the Marion County Children's Guardia... (Apr '09) Mon rianne 25
More from around the web

Lawrence People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Lawrence Mortgages