Police fatally shoot man after chase

Police fatally shoot man after chase

There are 396 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Jun 7, 2007, titled Police fatally shoot man after chase. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Six times in the past six years, Lawrence Primus had been arrested in traffic stops by two different police departments, once while he was on a bicycle.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 20
Next Last
Tax Dollar Saver

Florence, KY

#1 Jun 8, 2007
Thanks to the officers that put themselves in harms way, and I'm glad everything turned out in a good way. No expensive court trial for this lost soul.
Stan

United States

#2 Jun 8, 2007
Dealing cocaine conviction in '05 out to run the streets and shoot at police officers shortly thereafter. How about we stop giving 8th chances or even second chances and actually have people pay the price for the decisions they make. Are we really convinced the justice system can rehabilitate with NAA classes ectt... No. I just don't want these fools being a menace in my society, get them away from me, lock them up and ensure the safety of all of the rest of us who are decent citizens.
nice job

Indianapolis, IN

#3 Jun 8, 2007
good job officers, glad you are both safe.
Harley

Beltsville, MD

#4 Jun 8, 2007
The scum deserved what he got.
Cosmo Kramer

United States

#5 Jun 8, 2007
Maybe if we built a new jail and not an $800 million stadium or if we put some money in the criminal justice system instead of paying $66 million to build new hotels, we would have space to keep someone who is dealing in cocaine and carrying a handgun without a license. Instead, we put them back on the street to shoot at the police. As a citizen of Marion County, I'm thankful the police are still doing an outstanding job, despite the efforts of Mayor Bart Peterson to make them look bad.

Since: May 07

United States

#6 Jun 8, 2007
Kudos to the police for putting their lives on the line to get this psycho off the streets.
ABC

Noblesville, IN

#7 Jun 8, 2007
Good work warriors!
The Guv

Downers Grove, IL

#10 Jun 8, 2007
Where were the parents?

Since: Mar 07

Alexandria, KY

#11 Jun 8, 2007
How many people have to be killed before they learn that one way or the other drugs will kill you . Happy that the officers are safe . Thanking all of our police officers and military for their service they provide .
what a hoot

Decatur, IL

#12 Jun 8, 2007
one less scumbag sucking money out of tax payers pockets.lets shoot a few more of these worthless people!
cplefty1

AOL

#13 Jun 8, 2007
Cosmo Kramer wrote:
Maybe if we built a new jail and not an $800 million stadium or if we put some money in the criminal justice system instead of paying $66 million to build new hotels, we would have space to keep someone who is dealing in cocaine and carrying a handgun without a license. Instead, we put them back on the street to shoot at the police. As a citizen of Marion County, I'm thankful the police are still doing an outstanding job, despite the efforts of Mayor Bart Peterson to make them look bad.
Amen on that
losingrfreedom

Elgin, IL

#14 Jun 8, 2007
Cosmo Kramer wrote:
Come on now, we are a world class City with our new stadium! Unfortunantly, people want out of this crime ridden place so bad but we cant afford to move. We are being taxed so unfairly that the Feds need to help us out here. We are all broke! You cant walk safely anywhere here! This is the armpit of the US. Thanks Bart and Mitchell! Good luck on your re election!
Dave in Greenwood

Florence, KY

#15 Jun 8, 2007
The Guv wrote:
Where were the parents?
On the news, a woman appearing to be his mother was at the scene crying. I didn't see anyone who appeared his father. Very sad. The breakdown (or lack) of the black family is the root of the breakdown of the black community. We'll probably hear, in the next few days, that this gunman has a couple of kids running around, now with unsupervised futures.

“Hillbilly makes good.”

Since: Apr 07

West Kentucky

#16 Jun 8, 2007
Another drug dealing scumbag at room temperature. I canít think of a better way to start a weekend.
Indy Vet

Indianapolis, IN

#18 Jun 8, 2007
Chalk one up for the new IMPD. One bad guy off the street and one officer gets to return home. It sounds like he was a bad seed from the start. Get a skill, some education and a job. The only winner out of this is the FUNERAL HOME. Another body count for the Corners office. Dr. A. keep the crew on stand-by....its going to be a long HOT summer.
Hoosierdaddyof3b oys

Louisville, KY

#19 Jun 8, 2007
. I am glad the police were allowed to do there job and remain safe.
Indy Vet wrote:
Chalk one up for the new IMPD. One bad guy off the street and one officer gets to return home. It sounds like he was a bad seed from the start. Get a skill, some education and a job. The only winner out of this is the FUNERAL HOME. Another body count for the Corners office. Dr. A. keep the crew on stand-by....its going to be a long HOT summer.
Tom

Newington, CT

#20 Jun 8, 2007
I went to school with with Lawrence. I also went to school with DuJuan (mentioned at the bottom). Sadly enough, it doesn't surprise me how their futures ended up.
Doug

Goldsmith, IN

#21 Jun 8, 2007
Cosmo Kramer wrote:
The jail should be used for the parents of thugs.
BRIAN

Indianapolis, IN

#22 Jun 8, 2007
That's what I say hey man nice shot...
anon

Indianapolis, IN

#23 Jun 8, 2007
You IMPD guys ROCK!!!!! Great job, and i'm glad that you are safe...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 20
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lawrence Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Antifa 1 hr TrumpedAntifa 1
FAKE NEWS Alert 1 hr TrumpedAntifa 1
Red Pill 2 hr TrumpedSnowflakes 1
Misty Allen's House is located at 6361 River Ru... (Oct '16) 17 hr MISTY 14
Closing of the Marion County Children's Guardia... (Apr '09) Sat Iwasakidinneed 41
Amid White House Scandals, Pence Disappears Sat TrumpedGlobalism 2
Notre Dame students plan walkout during Pence s... Sat TrumpedGlobalism 2

Lawrence Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lawrence Mortgages