Life terms sought in 3-year-old's death

Life terms sought in 3-year-old's death

There are 567 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Nov 28, 2007, titled Life terms sought in 3-year-old's death. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Marion County Prosecutor Carl Brizzi said this morning he would seek life sentences without parole for a woman and man who stand accused of killing a 3-year-old girl Tuesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 29
Next Last
Why not

Rex, GA

#1 Nov 28, 2007
the death penalty? Nice system we have, returned her to those who would murder her, just a month before.
Saddened Citizen

Cincinnati, OH

#2 Nov 28, 2007
This breaks my heart! I cannot imagine anyone doing this to an innocent 3 year old.:(
New Palasteen Farmboy

Schiller Park, IL

#3 Nov 28, 2007
Hang them on Monument Circle as punishment.
Eastsider

United States

#4 Nov 28, 2007
These parents, the caseworker and her supervisor should be executed for this atrocity.
SEEING RED

West Palm Beach, FL

#5 Nov 28, 2007
I want to be a Mom so bad, and can not due to fertility issues...and idiots like this get kids??? Please give these bottom feeders the needle!!! What makes them so special after taking an innocent life, that they can live on? OHHH I AM SOOO ANGRY!!!
One more thing

Rex, GA

#6 Nov 28, 2007
Is it fair for us hard working Hoosiers to have to pay to keep this slime alive?? I don't think so. Get tough on crime.
DINC

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#8 Nov 28, 2007
I don't care if Brizzi is doing just becasue of the public outcry, these people deserve worse than a life sentence.
Satan

Indianapolis, IN

#9 Nov 28, 2007
I have a special place for people like this and they are not going to like it.
Horrified

Noblesville, IN

#10 Nov 28, 2007
What is being done to the case worker. Dont they need charges?
songbird

Indianapolis, IN

#11 Nov 28, 2007
Not only ask for life but neuter them both so they don't produce anymore children....EVER!!! Our state MUST look into their return to a foster child to a parent more closely. How many foster kids end up in an unfriendly environment not to mention witness mom and dad's habits of drugs, learn how to work the system....need I say more. There are thousands of families that would welcome either foster children or adopt but the system just doesn't seem to work in the best interest of the child. When I read that a child or person is dead because of someone elses violent behavior is dead or maimed for life makes me do a slow burn. I am tired of hearing about the rights of the accused. What about the rights of those innocent victims and their loved ones.
Jenny

Terre Haute, IN

#12 Nov 28, 2007
Maybe Honk for Kids will go post their bail? I mean, you know that this is somehow the fault of some evil caseworker, right? These are just parents who are being victimized by the system, right?

This is just sickening.
alh

Indianapolis, IN

#13 Nov 28, 2007
I pray for the mother. I can't believe that she'd do that to a precious child.. I feel so bad for her because now a life is over and the mother will be in jail for the rest of her life. I don't think she needs the death penalty she'll have long enough to think about what she's done...
help

Noblesville, IN

#14 Nov 28, 2007
how can this happen?
Avon Resident

San Francisco, CA

#15 Nov 28, 2007
This is just sick! That poor girl should have never been given back to her mother! I hope they both receive life sentences with no parole and I pray that the surviving baby is placed in a caring home.

People like this do not deserve to breath the same air the rest of us do!
MOTHER TOO

United States

#16 Nov 28, 2007
THAT POOR LITTLE BABY GIRL
Biased Observer

Columbus, IN

#18 Nov 28, 2007
Monsters.

Since: Oct 06

Bridgeport, WV

#19 Nov 28, 2007
Folks,

In case it's of interest, here's a link to the TalkBacks with this morning's story (Headline: "Ex-foster mom: I warned authorities not to return child to home").

http://www.topix.com/forum/source/indianapoli...
A Kelly

United States

#20 Nov 28, 2007
This breaks my heart. And to think of the manner that they killed/beat her in. Hanging her up. This is cruel and disguisting and the child should have never been returned to those awful parents. They were obviously "unfit" parents the first time the child was put into foster care. A person doesnt change overnight. Child Protective services really needs to get their act together and stop making stupid decisions on allowing a child to go back to parents like this. Where was CPS when the beating started happening over Thanksgiving? I hope those parents are treated the same way in prison. A case like this def. calls for the death penalty. God bless this girl.

“Monkey See, Monkey Do”

Since: Oct 07

Indy

#21 Nov 28, 2007
I am generally not in support of the death penalty but when a person kills an innocent child in cold blood it is hard not to demand it. Society certainly will not miss these idiots.
help

Noblesville, IN

#22 Nov 28, 2007
Morgan Barber wrote:
Obviously Child Services made a fatal error returning the girl to the mother. The press release should include the name of the fool who made that decision. Now we have a dead kid and two trash bags headed for the garbage dump for life.
Amen! why dont they place the name of the case worker? they need to take their part also! I bet they still have a job and i bet they have no kids

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 29
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lawrence Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump just had his bluff called -- again 8 hr Flippy Floopy Trump 10
Dali Lama says Mike Pence is the AntiChrist! (Apr '15) 16 hr Ominous Signs 11
Donald Trumpís First 100 Days: The Worst on Record 17 hr Get 2 Work Donnie 2
Trump backs away from demand for border wall mo... 17 hr America First 7
Sean Spicer canít name a single accomplishment ... 17 hr Scan his brain 4
Trash 23 hr Jules 6
Adrienne Vittadini Studio - cheap crap under a ... Fri Making China Grea... 2

Lawrence Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance