Police: Man Held Family Captive In Tr...

Police: Man Held Family Captive In Trailer

There are 152 comments on the KNBC Los Angeles story from Aug 12, 2008, titled Police: Man Held Family Captive In Trailer. In it, KNBC Los Angeles reports that:

A man in Lavonia, Ga., was arrested on Tuesday after police said he held his wife and four children captive in their mobile home for three years.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KNBC Los Angeles.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Pony Girl

Milledgeville, GA

#141 Aug 14, 2008
Well that I do have. Spunk

Since: May 08

Lawrenceville, GA

#142 Aug 14, 2008
Pony Girl wrote:
So am I just pissing off everyone? I apparently **** off curious and curious-er.
I am just a little sarcastic on occasion. But not a mean person. Kind of like David.
If you can't handle me, I will just stop posting.
Hey Pgirl....guess i just got p****y because i am sick and tired of being lumped into a group of people often referred to as 'southern rednecks'. I"m from the Midwest, and the people here in Georgia never let me forget THAT, either.(even though i have lived here longer than most of my neighbors) Been here for 24 years, gave birth to my son, raised him and am now wondering if he'll ever settle down and make me a grandma. haha

didn't mean to smack you down so hard...just tired of the stereotyping. I, too, have a bit of spunk, and have been known to bite the head off of any troll that bothers to mess with me.(i'm not calling YOU a troll...just letting you know where i stand---or sit LOL)

Apparently i called David a 'pervert' several months ago. I don't remember what he said, but it def took me awhile to understand his sense of humor.:D

“Airborne mama on a oneway trip”

Since: Apr 08

Littlerock, Ca

#143 Aug 14, 2008
Curious and Curious-er wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Pgirl....guess i just got p****y because i am sick and tired of being lumped into a group of people often referred to as 'southern rednecks'. I"m from the Midwest, and the people here in Georgia never let me forget THAT, either.(even though i have lived here longer than most of my neighbors) Been here for 24 years, gave birth to my son, raised him and am now wondering if he'll ever settle down and make me a grandma. haha
didn't mean to smack you down so hard...just tired of the stereotyping. I, too, have a bit of spunk, and have been known to bite the head off of any troll that bothers to mess with me.(i'm not calling YOU a troll...just letting you know where i stand---or sit LOL)
Apparently i called David a 'pervert' several months ago. I don't remember what he said, but it def took me awhile to understand his sense of humor.:D
That is pretty much how all of us meet David.
Pony Girl

Milledgeville, GA

#144 Aug 14, 2008
yes, I think it takes awhile to understand David, but he actually made me laugh after I had a bad child day.
Ok I am not a true southerner either. I am what you call a tranfered southerner. I was born in IL, but I have lived over 24yr here too. But I do love in here Because the nature. I have a horse I ride, kayak and hike. Being from an area close to Chicago. You just don't get to do all of these outdoor activies.

But community here is not the same tight knit community that the northern cities do have.

But enough with the blah blah stuff.
someguy

Waipahu, HI

#145 Aug 15, 2008
bill, they found your family and your trailer!!!!!!!!!
boysplusone

Plattsburgh, NY

#146 Aug 18, 2008
Pony Girl wrote:
yes, I think it takes awhile to understand David, but he actually made me laugh after I had a bad child day.
Ok I am not a true southerner either. I am what you call a tranfered southerner. I was born in IL, but I have lived over 24yr here too. But I do love in here Because the nature. I have a horse I ride, kayak and hike. Being from an area close to Chicago. You just don't get to do all of these outdoor activies.
But community here is not the same tight knit community that the northern cities do have.
But enough with the blah blah stuff.
It didn't take me long to figure Dave's humor and he's funny. But one joke, two, three.....four ok, now it's enough. They have forums on Craigslist for that ongoing, i just feel this forum is for staying on topix in the news.
David

United States

#147 Aug 18, 2008
boysplusone wrote:
<quoted text>
It didn't take me long to figure Dave's humor and he's funny. But one joke, two, three.....four ok, now it's enough. They have forums on Craigslist for that ongoing, i just feel this forum is for staying on topix in the news.
I have been banned from Craigslist, can you believe it? This is no attempt at a joke or being a wiseguy, but you are off topic.
boysplusone

Plattsburgh, NY

#148 Aug 19, 2008
David wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been banned from Craigslist, can you believe it? This is no attempt at a joke or being a wiseguy, but you are off topic.
You were not?? For what may I ask? You have not swore or been nasty once?? Sorry to hear that.
David

United States

#149 Aug 19, 2008
boysplusone wrote:
<quoted text>
You were not?? For what may I ask? You have not swore or been nasty once?? Sorry to hear that.
JOKING!! I have never been on Craigslist. I take it back, I placed an ad on Craigslist to sell my Bro's Motorhome and I checked out some of the personals ads, that's enough for me! I ended up on Topix quite by accident, have been here a few months, I'm sure plenty would be happy if I moved along now. I'm sorry to offend or irritate you, seems if I didn't I probably would have moved by now, just entertainning my simple mind.

“Airborne mama on a oneway trip”

Since: Apr 08

Littlerock, Ca

#150 Aug 19, 2008
David wrote:
<quoted text>
JOKING!! I have never been on Craigslist. I take it back, I placed an ad on Craigslist to sell my Bro's Motorhome and I checked out some of the personals ads, that's enough for me! I ended up on Topix quite by accident, have been here a few months, I'm sure plenty would be happy if I moved along now. I'm sorry to offend or irritate you, seems if I didn't I probably would have moved by now, just entertainning my simple mind.
simple ye brilliant, how do you do it David?
boysplusone

Monroe, CT

#151 Aug 20, 2008
David wrote:
<quoted text>
JOKING!! I have never been on Craigslist. I take it back, I placed an ad on Craigslist to sell my Bro's Motorhome and I checked out some of the personals ads, that's enough for me! I ended up on Topix quite by accident, have been here a few months, I'm sure plenty would be happy if I moved along now. I'm sorry to offend or irritate you, seems if I didn't I probably would have moved by now, just entertainning my simple mind.
SOmething that gets me, and this is many posters, they think they have offended someone. How could I possibly be offended when I don't care about what you think? It's a general question. I was not offended. I believe in the few posts I have read, you in no way have a simple mind.
David

United States

#152 Aug 20, 2008
boysplusone wrote:
<quoted text>
SOmething that gets me, and this is many posters, they think they have offended someone. How could I possibly be offended when I don't care about what you think? It's a general question. I was not offended. I believe in the few posts I have read, you in no way have a simple mind.
Many would disagree with the simple mind thing, but thanx.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lavonia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
poultry farm (Feb '09) Dec '16 Lynn 2
Review: Milligan & Sons Garage (Jun '11) Oct '16 grandma 14
News Tennessee man charged in Lavonia with having ha... (Sep '16) Sep '16 Claudeharmonnc 1
Sam Harbin Murder (Aug '16) Aug '16 Deer hunter 1
Shepards Hill Farm (Jan '11) Mar '16 Bpot 6
Sick (Jan '16) Jan '16 anonymous 1
Cuckold (Sep '15) Sep '15 Anonymous 1

Lavonia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lavonia Mortgages