Red-faced city buys, tears down strip...

Red-faced city buys, tears down strip club

There are 2 comments on the Political Gateway story from Aug 2, 2008, titled Red-faced city buys, tears down strip club. In it, Political Gateway reports that:

It took seven years but Lavonia, Ga., officials rid themselves of the embarrassing Club Risque by buying the adult entertainment center and tearing it down.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Political Gateway.

angel7494

United States

#1 Aug 24, 2008
I think that the Lavonia City Council needs to be replaced. I'm ashamed to say that I live in Lavonia, we are the laughing stock of the whole state of Georgia. Why in the world did they tear down the building? Couldn't they of rented the building out instead of tearing it down and wasting more money? We need someone in there that knows what their doing. They wasted $1,000,000 (ONE MILLION DOLLARS) on this building and the bill boards are still up!!!! Our lakes are drying up, our roads are falling apart and these ignorant people are wasting money on a stupid strip club, that they should of investigated more about it before they let it come to town in the first place. I'll be the first one to stand up and say that I don't want a strip club in this town or any other town either, but, did it have to cost a million dollars to get rid of, that's ridiculous!!!
angel7494

Jefferson, GA

#2 Oct 31, 2008
To ALL Who Care:
I wrote the last comment, going on what the article said about them tearing down the Club Risque, when actually the article was wrong. They didn't tear down the building, it's still standing, they lied to everyone else just like they were lied to about the club, how ironic, can't anyone tell the truth about anything anymore? I wonder what they're planning on doing with it to make back their million dollars?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lavonia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
poultry farm (Feb '09) Dec '16 Lynn 2
Review: Milligan & Sons Garage (Jun '11) Oct '16 grandma 14
News Tennessee man charged in Lavonia with having ha... (Sep '16) Sep '16 Claudeharmonnc 1
Sam Harbin Murder (Aug '16) Aug '16 Deer hunter 1
Shepards Hill Farm (Jan '11) Mar '16 Bpot 6
Sick (Jan '16) Jan '16 anonymous 1
Cuckold (Sep '15) Sep '15 Anonymous 1

Lavonia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lavonia Mortgages