Huntington High vs Spring Valley football

Posted in the Lavalette Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Who

Danville, WV

#1 Aug 19, 2012
Who do you think will win this year's game?
I Know

Nitro, WV

#2 Aug 19, 2012
Spring Valley this year cause lot of HH athletes have transferred cause of the random drug testing in Cabell County enacted this year. SV has a horse in backfield, but absolutely no secondary. No kickers at all as in years past. If you break thru line it will be easy sailing to endzone. prediction SV 28 HH 23
juanita

Huntington, WV

#3 Aug 19, 2012
That's not why some of the players are not at HHS this year!! Coach and
Player issue as well as some other problems. I certainly think they lost some good players though. I bet they don't do as good this year.
perception

Huntington, WV

#4 Aug 20, 2012
Maybe if people didn't raise their kids , thinking sports are their only ticket to success, it wouldn't be so ridiculous !
So many locally worshipped athletes, are not "the second coming" --like they have been "coached" into believing
Not true

New York, NY

#5 Aug 20, 2012
They are not any players kicked off HHS because of drug testing. Get a life loser!!

HHS 21-14
WOW 40

Whitehall, PA

#6 Aug 20, 2012
I don't know who you all are trying to fool. SV will destroy HH. No doubt about it. HH always has a ton of athleticism but can't put a team mentality together nor do they ever know how to use the weapons they have. It's ridiculous this is even being discussed. And, before it's said, no I'm not from SV, just an area high school football fan.
Not True

New York, NY

#7 Aug 20, 2012
Highlanders have out played Spring Valley the past two years. Valley did not beat Huntington, the Highlanders beat themselves. Lost both games after dominating the whole game only to lose in the last minute. When it takes onside kicks and refs to beat a team, I would bet on the team that has dominated SV. No lucky end of game heroics this year. Highlanders win with to much speed.

Spring Valley has never won a playoff game. Slow white boys cannot advance in playoffs.

This year is no different.
I Know

Huntington, WV

#8 Aug 20, 2012
Not true wrote:
They are not any players kicked off HHS because of drug testing. Get a life loser!!
HHS 21-14
Who said anything about players being "kicked off" Some simply didn't come out to play. They were never on the team to start with. So you get a life real loser.
I Know

Huntington, WV

#9 Aug 20, 2012
Not True wrote:
Highlanders have out played Spring Valley the past two years. Valley did not beat Huntington, the Highlanders beat themselves. Lost both games after dominating the whole game only to lose in the last minute. When it takes onside kicks and refs to beat a team, I would bet on the team that has dominated SV. No lucky end of game heroics this year. Highlanders win with to much speed.
Spring Valley has never won a playoff game. Slow white boys cannot advance in playoffs.
This year is no different.
If you had left out the word "refs", you might have had an argument. But of course some people always want to blame things on the refs. If HH would have won last year, would you have mentioned refs?
Then of course you also had to later on use racist remarks "white boys". SV has as much speed as HH,(notice I don't mention race), just SV coaches never utilize their speed.
MarchingAnt

Norwalk, OH

#10 Aug 20, 2012
I went to SV and have friends still there but, I wont make any predictions because I am no God. I know one thing though the coaches and kids at SV are better prepared than at HHS. It's a team sport and that's why they play the game. But it wouldn't surprise me either way. I just hope they both beat Cabell Midlands butt.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#11 Aug 20, 2012
As a mother of a Spring Valley player, I hope our boys win...guess we'll see soon :)

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#12 Aug 20, 2012
Not True wrote:
Highlanders have out played Spring Valley the past two years. Valley did not beat Huntington, the Highlanders beat themselves. Lost both games after dominating the whole game only to lose in the last minute. When it takes onside kicks and refs to beat a team, I would bet on the team that has dominated SV. No lucky end of game heroics this year. Highlanders win with to much speed.
Spring Valley has never won a playoff game. Slow white boys cannot advance in playoffs.
This year is no different.
Since when, and why did this conversation depend on the color of the boys skin? and the refs. that's just an excuse
uhmm

United States

#13 Aug 20, 2012
I Know wrote:
<quoted text>If you had left out the word "refs", you might have had an argument. But of course some people always want to blame things on the refs. If HH would have won last year, would you have mentioned refs?
Then of course you also had to later on use racist remarks "white boys". SV has as much speed as HH,(notice I don't mention race), just SV coaches never utilize their speed.
I just graduated from huntington and the refs then selves sent us a letter saying that they cheated us. Don't even go there. Huntington high gets so much crap from everyone and no one even notices the good they do in sports. I do believe we made it to play offs along with midland. Not valley.

“Im not who you think I am”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#14 Aug 20, 2012
uhmm wrote:
<quoted text>I just graduated from huntington and the refs then selves sent us a letter saying that they cheated us. Don't even go there. Huntington high gets so much crap from everyone and no one even notices the good they do in sports. I do believe we made it to play offs along with midland. Not valley.
the referees sent a letter to who ? and does the WVSSAC know of this supposed letter ? that would be cause for immediate dissmissal from officiating any sports in the state in the future !
Midland dominates

Charleston, WV

#15 Aug 20, 2012
Doesn't matter...Now in his second year, Salmons has Midland turning into a powerhouse. The off season work put in by the linemen and the addition of Gaydosz from Winfield makes the Knights a contender for a trip to Wheeling.
The One

Huntington, WV

#16 Aug 20, 2012
I love football. I root for Huntington.
Not True

New York, NY

#17 Aug 20, 2012
I Know wrote:
<quoted text>Who said anything about players being "kicked off" Some simply didn't come out to play. They were never on the team to start with. So you get a life real loser.
You idiot, they don't drug test until after the season is almost over. Name one player that left because of drug testing? Your so stupid it hurts!!
U R So Dumb

Washington, WV

#18 Aug 20, 2012
uhmm wrote:
<quoted text>
I just graduated from huntington and the refs then selves sent us a letter saying that they cheated us. Don't even go there. Huntington high gets so much crap from everyone and no one even notices the good they do in sports. I do believe we made it to play offs along with midland. Not valley.
I could have swore SV made it to playoffs last year. Got beat at GW in first round. As did HH got beat in first round. Get your facts straight.
uhmm

United States

#19 Aug 20, 2012
U R So Dumb wrote:
<quoted text>I could have swore SV made it to playoffs last year. Got beat at GW in first round. As did HH got beat in first round. Get your facts straight.
who beat Parkersburg twice? Who bet them worse the second game with their better players in? That's right Huntington high. We played the number one team in the state and got killed. Valley didn't get as far as midland or huntington. So shut up your freaking idiot.
SV fan

United States

#20 Aug 20, 2012
I'm excited for this game. I graduated in "96" at Huntington high and now my son plays football at the valley. The team has started out great this year and I don't see it changing. I always remembered our football teams were pretty good back then. I've heard good things about both schools. But in hopes of the Valley taking the win. Good luck to them both.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lavalette Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
anyone know chad brown (May '09) 4 min tlkemployee 31
Tonya Merritt 5 min ohno 5
Special Metals INCO layoffs 27 min Calling Back 104
How Do You Feel About Waffle House Route 60 34 min kayla 42
Lusk 50 min punk 13
God I can't wait till obamy is out if office! 53 min -zaphod- 208
Stew Butler to Montreal 1 hr Coach 1
More from around the web

Lavalette People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]