Special Metals Contract 2012
bigdaddy

Ashland, KY

#750 Aug 7, 2012
Ak steel pays nothing for there ins wv steel pays 80 month we pay 250 I heard that ravenwood plant went on strike because they wanted them to pay28 week we have to stay strong we can't take any increase need to do more than break even . PCC is a big company iam sure they can get a better if they will put the time in .
union guy

Ardsley, NY

#751 Aug 7, 2012
imstupidenoughtovote4it wrote:
a break even contract would pass after all this shit but this is part of their strategy. well it worked I want to work if I will be breaking even over the term of the contract I will vote for it
Im sure the negotiating commitee knows of our frustrations, but you have to consider this. A "break even" contract is not necessarily gonna break even. Everything around us: gas, electricity, milk, diapers, asprin. is going up every day. You have to maintain a certain cost of living or else you lose $$ by comparrison.

The cost of doing business goes up. SMC has raised the cost of our products to our customers (remember back 2 yrs ago when they implemented an increase and lost about 20% of our customer base?). Why would we not anticipate a wage increase?

Now I'm not sure what all the new government healthcare plan has in it (I'm not sure the House or the Senate REALLY know themselves) but supposedly the healthcare plan with reimburse companies with more than 200 employee's a percentage of their healthcare costs through tax breaks. If this is true then why would the company want to make "Major Changes" to our healthcare plan?
Vim

Ardsley, NY

#752 Aug 7, 2012
Employee bandw wrote:
Im tired of waiting too. You know we ain't gonna get what they want so sign the offer or walk simple as that. They know the job market is down and we can't just go get another job making decent money so they are saying take this or there's the gate. And that's what we need to do. Everyone knows how this company is.
That's 100 percent true there gone to screw with us until we walk and that's what has to happen. We can't keep taking there shot all the time
We

Ardsley, NY

#753 Aug 7, 2012
bigdaddy wrote:
Ak steel pays nothing for there ins wv steel pays 80 month we pay 250 I heard that ravenwood plant went on strike because they wanted them to pay28 week we have to stay strong we can't take any increase need to do more than break even . PCC is a big company iam sure they can get a better if they will put the time in .
We???
jjjohnson

Canton, OH

#754 Aug 7, 2012
We wrote:
<quoted text>
We???
Must have a mouse in their pocket.
Stupid ppl

Flatwoods, KY

#755 Aug 7, 2012
Hmm check and see how much insurance will cost u at burger King dumbass
Vim

Ardsley, NY

#756 Aug 7, 2012
Figure out how much gas is gone to be in 4 years. We can't take to much of a cut everything is gone up. So if ins goes up then the wages has to go up alot
lol

Huntington, WV

#757 Aug 7, 2012
Stupid ppl wrote:
Hmm check and see how much insurance will cost u at burger King dumbass
oh another genius working class guy that sides with a multi billion dollar corp instead of his own kind. You look real cool berating us for wanting a good life for our families.
Stupid ppl

Flatwoods, KY

#758 Aug 7, 2012
No but u all get greedy u have a good job ur going to be just like ak steel Ashland oil u get to greedy guess what next they move the company out of town no job
Cutn

Saint Albans, WV

#759 Aug 7, 2012
Just give walmart less, everytime you walk in there they hit ya up for fitty more that ya plan.
Yep

Saint Albans, WV

#760 Aug 7, 2012
Your goin to provide a good life for your family You just arent goin to be there with them but two days every twelve
union brother

Dublin, OH

#761 Aug 7, 2012
Stupid ppl wrote:
No but u all get greedy u have a good job ur going to be just like ak steel Ashland oil u get to greedy guess what next they move the company out of town no job
We're not greedy we just want a fair deal. What do you suggest we just take what they offer and be happy and just let them work us 16hrs a day 7 days a week cause believe me these guys would do it. All we want is to keep what we have. Cap our insurance and give us a raise each year that would match of with rising prices of gas food etc.
HelYea

Saint Albans, WV

#762 Aug 7, 2012
Where do we sign
Stupid ppl

Flatwoods, KY

#763 Aug 7, 2012
See u just proved my point I've worked I'n there many times over the years and half of the ppl that work there aren't worth 10 dollars an hour
union brother

Dublin, OH

#764 Aug 7, 2012
Stupid ppl wrote:
See u just proved my point I've worked I'n there many times over the years and half of the ppl that work there aren't worth 10 dollars an hour
What exactly is your point. We make to much money? Did u know companies that do the exact same thing as us make $10 more an hour than we do and we are by far one of the largest alloy plants in america so you tell me how that's fair. Yes there are some worthless people here but there are also a lot of guys who work there ass off every day. I'm not going to feel ashamed or bad for trying to get what I think is right. If you think we're greedy that's fine your welcome to your opinion. You also said were going to end up like AK and Ashland oil but there's a big difference between us and them. How many high performance alloy company's are there out there that can do half of what we do. We're not just some steel plant.
Stupid ppl

Flatwoods, KY

#765 Aug 7, 2012
I guess u can't understand u make good money about ak steel and Ashland oil they got to greedy guess what they lost their jobs it's called greedy greedy greedy
union brother

Dublin, OH

#766 Aug 7, 2012
Stupid ppl wrote:
I guess u can't understand u make good money about ak steel and Ashland oil they got to greedy guess what they lost their jobs it's called greedy greedy greedy
Oh believe me I know I make good money but I want to keep making good money and also be able to spend time with my family. I know I have a good job and that's why we are doing what were doing to keep a good job. Trust me there's to many issues to get into. If you worked here you would know. Do u think it's fair to keep our pay the same and get no raise and raise our insurance 300% and make us work 7 days a week and they won't have to give us a day off if they don't want to and be able to work us 80 and 90hrs a week. I'm not going to sacrifice spending time with my family just so I can keep a quote good job. It's not worth the money if you don't have time to spend it or spend time with your family. You say you have worked here many times well obviously you were never union so you don't know what we are trying to do. I am thankful for my job believe me. I went from making minimum wage to this job so I know what it's like for people out there living on that but that doesn't mean I should have to give up what I got just because the pay is good right now. If we let them take from us now then our job and pay will be like working at McDonald's before you know it.
Stupid ppl

Flatwoods, KY

#767 Aug 7, 2012
Oh yes I'm unioun I get aggravated about the same things at my unioun meetings and the ones bitching about more money are the ones are usually the laziest
Vim

Ardsley, NY

#768 Aug 7, 2012
union brother wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh believe me I know I make good money but I want to keep making good money and also be able to spend time with my family. I know I have a good job and that's why we are doing what were doing to keep a good job. Trust me there's to many issues to get into. If you worked here you would know. Do u think it's fair to keep our pay the same and get no raise and raise our insurance 300% and make us work 7 days a

week and they won't have to give us a day off if
they don't want to and be able to work us 80 and

90hrs a week. I'm not going to sacrifice spending
time with my family just so I can keep a quote
good job. It's not worth the money if you don't
have time to spend it or spend time with your
family. You say you have worked here many
times well obviously you were never union so
you don't know what we are trying to do. I am
thankful for my job believe me. I went from
making minimum wage to this job so I know what
it's like for people out there living on that but
that doesn't mean I should have to give up what
I got just because the pay is good right now. If
we let them take from us now then our job and
pay will be like working at McDonald's before you
know it.
Amen brother. I think the same way glad to see somebody else realize what's gone on
union brother

Dublin, OH

#769 Aug 7, 2012
Stupid ppl wrote:
Oh yes I'm unioun I get aggravated about the same things at my unioun meetings and the ones bitching about more money are the ones are usually the laziest
Yeah your right about that but we aren't bitching about more money that's what you don't understand. So let me say it slow for you. WE. WANT. EVERYTHING. TO. STAY. THE. SAME. we don't want our insurance to go up and give us a little raise every year like maybe 70 cents to a dollar that my friend is definitely not asking to much and of you think so then your a moron. With the way prices are going up it would be making the same we are now with that kind of raise. So like I said know your shit before you start talking it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lavalette Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How many people find their soulmate and how man... (Apr '12) 9 min Truth 42
"Veteran" parking spaces 25 min Yeah right 21
Ron Halcombe 52 min Didbdbdudidjdndbdha 3
for a black people 2 52 min Frederick a 1
Name one place you'd like to see a racist white... 1 hr Frederick a 59
Does St Mary's Hospital Drug text every newborn? 1 hr Smh 21
why do black people 1 hr why 73
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lavalette Mortgages