Kenova, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2012

Judged:

Did a garbage truck overturn in the parking lot between exxon and the car wash?
curious

Wharton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2012

Which Exxon and car wash?
watching

Kenova, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2012

Rt. 75

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2012

Judged:

No overturned truck, just our tax dollars cleaning up GIFFORD PERDUE'S abandonded car wash...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2012

Judged:

Oh, Gifford you should be soo proud!!
LLM

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2012

Judged:

My car fell into a giant hole at that car wash and had damage. There was no warning sign. Can anyone tell me how to reach Mr. Perdue?
chuck

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2012

Judged:

Try Davis's Place on 8th street and 8th avenue.
Heard he's a regular there!
Resident

Hadley, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2012

Should we be ashamed of Purdue or ourselves? When it closed there was no trash. Purdue didn't put it there. There we cones there blocking the doors. There was also caution tape. Who took those down? Now I don't know Purdue, he may be an evil wizard twisting his moustace while plotting evil deeds, however how do think he feels to look at the place and only see it all trashy because people are lazy? We are all in this life together.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2012

Judged:

Chuck, I think he owns Davis Place.
Lavalette Resident

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2012

I actually did find him and he claims he doesn't own it anymore and hung up on me. He pointed at Clayton Napier as the owner and Clayton pointed back at him.

Whichever of them owns it, they can't just put up tape and cones and leave it that way forever. They would have to keep checking to make sure the tape and cones were still there, or, better yet, fill in the hazardous holes.

I'm emailed pictures to the county commissioners along with an account of what happened when I tried to contact Mr. Perdue and Mr. Napier. I'll be calling the commissioners tomorrow to follow up. I've been advised by the sheriff's department to file a civil suit against them if neither of them is taking responsibility for the place. So I will also be contacting the Court house about that tomorrow.

As far as what kind of person Mr. Perdue or Mr. Napier is, I don't know either of them personally as I am not from this area, so I can't comment on that. But I noticed that even though both these gentleman now know that there has been another accident there, and they both know there is no longer any caution tape or cones there, neither one of them has rushed up there to put up more cones or tape.

They were also both very rude to deal with on the phone, so I'm personally leaning toward the mustache-twisting, evil-plotting wizards.
Resident

Dowagiac, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2012

Judged:

Ownership should be a publicly available record at the courthouse
Lavalette Resident

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2012

Yes, you're absolutely right, Resident. I posted more on this incident over on the "A Run-In With the Owners of the Car Wash" thread.

thx

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 12 of12
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Lavalette Discussions

Search the Lavalette Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Baby Dies From Malnutrition After Police Say Pa... 1 hr Pawpaw lick well 14
amber cremeans 1 hr Jodi Arias 15
New optometrist sees great future for county 1 hr Raymond 4
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 1 hr hillbilly 53,443
Stephanie Shy Mon Tracy Ramey 1
Lavalette Sewer (Apr '12) Mon Ugh 8
Estella Finley...can anyone tell me about this ... (Apr '13) Jul 20 Estella 6
•••
•••
•••
•••

Lavalette Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••