Former Teacher Sentenced for Sexual E...

Former Teacher Sentenced for Sexual Encounters with Teen Boys

There are 7 comments on the First Coast News Jacksonville story from Feb 19, 2008, titled Former Teacher Sentenced for Sexual Encounters with Teen Boys. In it, First Coast News Jacksonville reports that:

A former middle school teacher was sent to prison for six years Tuesday for having sexual encounters with five teenage boys.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at First Coast News Jacksonville.

“3 words changed my life ”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#1 Feb 19, 2008
if this had been a male teacher the head line would have read;" male teacher arrested for molesting students."...there is a huge double standard in the media and in public opinion on the difference between women and men who molest children.
Risky Girl

Middleburg, FL

#2 Feb 19, 2008
scott1 wrote:
if this had been a male teacher the head line would have read;" male teacher arrested for molesting students."...there is a huge double standard in the media and in public opinion on the difference between women and men who molest children.
I have to agree with you on this scott... it seems to be a double standard. Willing or not, as minors, these boys were molested the same as any 15 or 16 y/o girl at the hands of a male teacher. Rape is another thing I think though. A young girl obviously can be over powered by a male.

“3 words changed my life ”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#3 Feb 19, 2008
Risky Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to agree with you on this scott... it seems to be a double standard. Willing or not, as minors, these boys were molested the same as any 15 or 16 y/o girl at the hands of a male teacher. Rape is another thing I think though. A young girl obviously can be over powered by a male.
ive seen some pretty burly chicks that could probably overpower me! and im not a small fella!
zib

Raleigh, NC

#4 Feb 19, 2008
Alright, enough's enough with these female teachers and young boys. This is as common as cops beating up on folks. Parents entrust teacher's to be mentors to their kids, not molestors. It gives all female teachers a black eye. You start to wonder, how many females do this type of work, just to get close to young boys. Maybe they should be given Psycological evals before their hired on, or maybe a chastity belt.

“Twist the throttle”

Since: Feb 08

Atlantic Beach

#5 Feb 20, 2008
<Hocker said Ward will be vulnerable to physical and emotional abuse at the hands of other prisoners.>

Smart lawyer, foolish teacher, now she's the student in a much different class room where the teachers won't go by the book.
Pete

United States

#6 Feb 20, 2008
I see the real tragedy for these boys is that this is the best sex they will ever have. It will not get any better then having an older, wiser woman, who is also an authority figure submit to you and do what she can to bring you pleasure. Unless they go to a legal brothel and pay thousands of dollars.
CrazedDwarf

United States

#7 Mar 10, 2008
zib wrote:
...Maybe they should be given Psycological evals before their hired on, or maybe a chastity belt.
Could the students understand them with one of those things strapped across their mouth? You gotta admit it'd have to be a double-belter!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Laurens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rolling S Golf Club (May '13) Dec 7 Southern comfort 2
The Midnight Sun (Mar '10) Dec 6 TheRealCJ 20
Police Corruption in South Carolina (Aug '09) Dec 5 Tammy Jeffcoat 76
News S.C. lawmaker fears McCain wants to politicize ... (Dec '05) Nov 21 black history 2
Where to buy spice Nov 14 Smoker 1
Sheriff Libido (Apr '16) Jun '16 Hope abounds 4
brilliance of nostradamus word "AFFRIQUE" (Apr '12) Apr '15 gab 79

Laurens Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Laurens Mortgages