Teacher in Student Sex Case Held on Bond

There are 20 comments on the Feb 25, 2006, CBS News story titled Teacher in Student Sex Case Held on Bond. In it, CBS News reports that:

A former fifth-grade teacher accused of having sex with her 11-year-old student was ordered held on $100,000 bond Saturday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
CAROLYN

Greenville, SC

#2 Feb 26, 2006
I don,t think,I know that this woman is sick.How could she do a thing like this?
concerned Mom

Enoree, SC

#3 Feb 27, 2006
This is one of the many reason I do not want my children in the public school system! After this,I will definately home-school my children.
It is bad when you have to send them to school and worry about them being shot by another student,but to have to send them,and worry that their teacher is going to rape them is worse.We are suppose to trust that the teachers will protect our children only to have them raped!

I hope that poor boy's Mother sues Laurens County for every dime they have. Their schools aren't safe for my most precious posessions - my children !!!!

If you love your children keep them safe HOMESCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!
Kearney

Columbia, MD

#4 Feb 28, 2006
It does say "accused" of "having sex" it has not yet been determined that she is guilty. How do we know she is guilty. And what actually happenend. "having sex" can cover so many things... it just could be inappropriate touching to intercourse.... intercourse is pretty hard to engage in with a boy/man without their go along with it.

At any rate, my concern is the punishment is too severe, this woman if found guilty should not be allowed to teach children or enage in positions with children.. but maybe she is mentally ill? And maybe she was a worse victim and no one stuck for here.

Anyway, it seems the USA public is very found of pointing the finger of any accussed person that appears in the paper and judges and condemns without even knowing the particulars of the case.

It's one thing to about this deed which is of course abhorrent... it's another to assume that anyone actually knows the particulars from this brief article.

Shame on you women...
news member_sc

Lacey, WA

#5 Feb 28, 2006
She admitted to having sex with this student on at least 3 occassions, there is no "accused" in this situation. In a court room filled with tv cameras when asked about this she said "Yes!!!!!!!!!" They found semen on the floor of her classroom where she again admitted to having sex with him on her desk. She is married and has step children and grandchildren. There is no excuse for this kind of behavior, there is now shame against anyone of us women. Maybe you should get your facts straight before writing. Evidently, you haven't seen the WHOLE story. Do some research before you point your finger at us here in SC. No child at any age should ever have to be worried with the idea of sex, fondling, or anything of that nature at 11 yrs old, or any age, and neither should a parent. As a person who works in the news and knows the whole story, yes even the editted parts that were worse, I suggest that you do a little more research about this situation. She is GUILTY, no lawyer and when asked by the judge if the acts did in fact happen, she said "YES!"
Kearney wrote:
It does say "accused" of "having sex" it has not yet been determined that she is guilty. How do we know she is guilty. And what actually happenend. "having sex" can cover so many things... it just could be inappropriate touching to intercourse.... intercourse is pretty hard to engage in with a boy/man without their go along with it.

At any rate, my concern is the punishment is too severe, this woman if found guilty should not be allowed to teach children or enage in positions with children.. but maybe she is mentally ill? And maybe she was a worse victim and no one stuck for here.

Anyway, it seems the USA public is very found of pointing the finger of any accussed person that appears in the paper and judges and condemns without even knowing the particulars of the case.

It's one thing to about this deed which is of course abhorrent... it's another to assume that anyone actually knows the particulars from this brief article.

Shame on you women...
mother of two laurens sc

Laurens, SC

#6 Feb 28, 2006
shame on who--this is the same person who said this is something a boy should be proud of!!! touching or intercourse why does it matter either way it is wrong!! and yes men (or boys) can be forced into intercourse!(or coaxed)! some of us here are from laurens and may happen to know more of the story than what has been printed here! know the families involved and maybe even know things that have not yet come out! i beleive if you continue to follow this there is much more of the story to be told!
Outraged parent

United States

#7 Mar 2, 2006
See, that's where you are wrong. I do know a little about the case because I am from the area. She admitted to engaging in sex with this child. And, I don't care if it was touching or kissing, she is an adult and he is a child! She should be punished to the full extent of the law. Shame on you for downplaying such a terrible act. How would you feel if this happen to your child? Would you want this teacher to get a "slap on the wrist"?
anu

Hyderabad, India

#8 Apr 14, 2006
i believe the teacher has done what she felt...why cant people understand that sex happens between two people ..only when their mind and soula are together and age no barrier...we should accept the fact of the two individual acceptance for thier role for relation !
the kid wanna hav sxe to hav fun and knowledge so it happened..the teacher has helped him to fulful the kid desire...she must be women with big heart !
god bless her !
john

Hyderabad, India

#9 Apr 14, 2006
i think anu is right...i support her views
kevin

AOL

#11 May 7, 2006
i would have rape her sex is like anu
kevin

AOL

#12 May 7, 2006
i mean sex is like anu said heck i would have
kevin

AOL

#13 May 7, 2006
i bet casuse you dont get any moms that think thats wrong casuse there having it more then you
Dude

Surrey, Canada

#14 May 11, 2006
You guys are dumbasses. Every guy on this planet wishes he had sex at age 11 with a hot teacher. That's male fantasy number 6, right behind having sex with 2 hot teachers at age 11. If your 11 year old son gets laid by a teacher, then he will have self confidence for the rest of his life.

All I want to know is where the heck were all these teachers when I was 11? All I ever got was homework.
Dude

Surrey, Canada

#15 May 11, 2006
By the way, I just read Kevin's posts. Here's the reason why female teachers should have sex with male students. If Kevin was getting laid for good grades, he might have stayed in school long enough to learn how to write a coherent sentence.
Diane

United States

#16 May 11, 2006
Concerned Mom wrote:I hope that poor boy's Mother sues Laurens County for every dime they have. Their schools aren't safe for my most precious posessions - my children !!!! Of course our children are precious to us, but why must everything be settled with money. Don't you realize that is just going to make it harder on that school district? MOney, Money, Money, come up with something new. There are other children to think about here.
EASY MONEY

Bangkok, Thailand

#17 May 12, 2006
If she's pretty, blond, blue eyes, with big boobs, she walks.
valerie

Orlando, FL

#19 May 16, 2006
I THINK ITS VERY BAD FOR TEACHERS BEACUSE I WILL NEVER SEND MY KIDS TO PUBLIC SCHOOLS BEACUSE THERE NOT SAFE
clifford

Auburn Hills, MI

#21 May 16, 2006
she should have lived in tn..here its either covered up//or in the cases where they are proven guilty//all they get is house arrest///they never go to jail///and about every school here has at lest one...hell a police officer just quit his job at the local school over ...a 8 year old girl..and other girls claimed he was guilty//guess what hes not been charged////there are more child molsters in the schools than in the jails..a study 3 year ago showed 6 out of ten children being sex abbused..by 12 grade of school///this is some thing the goverment dont even try to prevent
Just An Observor

United States

#22 May 16, 2006
I am very tired of hearing about how female teachers that do these kinds of things, are going to get treated differently because of her gender. What the heck kind of person her age even thinks to perpetrate such a thing upon a CHILD or student. This makes me sick. Parents are going to have to scrutinize their childs' teacher before sending them to class. What a world!
Just An Observor

United States

#23 May 16, 2006
EASY MONEY wrote:
If she's pretty, blond, blue eyes, with big boobs, she walks.
Probably....because she has sex with the lawyer and judge also!
Just An Observor

United States

#24 May 16, 2006
Diane wrote:
Concerned Mom wrote:I hope that poor boy's Mother sues Laurens County for every dime they have. Their schools aren't safe for my most precious posessions - my children !!!! Of course our children are precious to us, but why must everything be settled with money. Don't you realize that is just going to make it harder on that school district? MOney, Money, Money, come up with something new. There are other children to think about here.
Let me tell you. If the school system doesn't impress upon their teachers what kind of acceptable conduct they demand or expect out of their teachers, then they deserve to be sued. This is unacceptable for the conduct of teacher and school alike.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Laurens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
gator @ lake bowen (Jun '10) Fri MSquare 5
News Nikki Haley Supports Spartanburg "Resettlement"... Thu kudzoo 1
brilliance of nostradamus word "AFFRIQUE" (Apr '12) Apr 21 gab 79
Any one knows John Birch from Boothill band? (Aug '09) Apr 19 cynthia 17
Spartanburg Music Selection (Aug '12) Apr 17 Musikologist 12
Johnny Lever of cochise dr is a pedophile and a... (Feb '12) Apr 16 justice for harol... 2
Politically Correct Stupidity Apr 11 Stop whining 1
More from around the web

Laurens People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]