The South vs The North

The South vs The North

Posted in the Laurens Forum

Alexis

Laurens, SC

#1 Mar 10, 2008
I was born in the south & grew up in the north. When my hubby & I retired, we decided to move to SC,...somewhere the weather was better. The 'big' problem that we have noticed about living in SC, is that most of the people who were born & raised in SC, simply do not accept anyone from the north. Why do the people from this beautiful state have so much hatred for anyone from the north? My great-grandfathers & great-uncles fought for the 'Confederacy'..all of my ancestors came over from England & settled in VA, NC, & TN. My parents moved north for 'work' in the 1940's. We have not understood just why so many here in SC are so unfriendly to anyone who moved here from the north. If someone could explain this to us, we would appreciate it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Laurens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cam Newton Jul '17 gopats 1
Considering relocating to Spartanburg NEED OPIN... (Jun '11) Jul '17 pearladams35 6
Bootleg Bill Canny. Jul '17 Bootleg Bill fan 1
News Black Pastor Fights to Close KKK Store He Claim... (Mar '08) Jul '17 AllMy 305
Sheriff Libido (Apr '16) Jun '16 Hope abounds 4
brilliance of nostradamus word "AFFRIQUE" (Apr '12) Apr '15 gab 79
South Carolina toddler in medically induced com... (Apr '15) Apr '15 avery 1

Laurens Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Laurens Mortgages