'Redneck Shop' creates dispute in S.C.

A black civil rights activist is fighting to close a store that sells KKK robes and T-shirts emblazoned with racial slurs. Full Story
LOL

Santa Cruz, CA

#28 Mar 10, 2008
Native SCer wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh really?! So there were ships upon ships full of thousands of white slaves that made the trip across the Atlantic? Wow, that's news to me. JHenry, looks like someone forgot to take their meds buddy. Gimme a break, it's not to say white people haven't endured hardship, but to say they've been through the same is a ridiculous LIE, not just an exaggeration.
I challenge you to watch the movie "Amazing Grace" and then come back to the discussion...
I totally agree. I mean HELLO.. yea the whites suffered so poorly, when they were not sitting in their mansions, watching their slaves sweat in the hot sun, tending to the white man... JHenry you got some serious mental issues... I think you aint gettin none and gots baby batter on the brain... better take care of the sewage leak fast.
Whatever

El Paso, TX

#29 Mar 10, 2008
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
I totally agree. I mean HELLO.. yea the whites suffered so poorly, when they were not sitting in their mansions, watching their slaves sweat in the hot sun, tending to the white man... JHenry you got some serious mental issues... I think you aint gettin none and gots baby batter on the brain... better take care of the sewage leak fast.
Yeah I don't know about this guy and his comments saying that American or European "whites" were slaves. Besides who cares if they were. This country is still dealing with the remnants of slavery AND SEGREGATION. People tend to forget that part of it.

Anyway, nobody here can deny that LOTS of white people here died in the Civil War so that blacks could be free.
Free Speech for All

Chino, CA

#30 Mar 10, 2008
Bubba Naess wrote:
See, the white hatred of the black man lives on even to this day. Anybody who says that racism isn't real, or that the black man don't deserve reparations for decades - centuries - of oppression in this country is just foolin themselves. Haters even on this web site, saying that they don't agree that there is a problem.
I bet if things was reversed, and all you white folks had been through what we been through, you would be singing a diffrent tune...
What kind of reparations did you have in mind?
Another Local

Aptos, CA

#32 Mar 10, 2008
Quote:

"In around 1999 I saw a man walking on Beach Street dressed in a full white robe with one of those white dunce caps, a KKK fool. I stopped my bike and threw my Diet Coke at him. I was much younger then."

I say:

"You rock. Thank you."
CINDY

United States

#34 Mar 10, 2008
what was the website?
When Democracy

United States

#35 Mar 10, 2008
Is Dead!
that will be the new world
Joe

United States

#36 Mar 11, 2008
He keeps the shop until he dies, it may be sooner than he thinks.
Local Italian

United States

#37 Mar 11, 2008
People have got to stop getting their information from Movies. The very first "lynching" in the US happened to a couple of ITALIANS. Black folks probably saw the worst of slavery. However, every nationality had faced hard times in America. I'm not condoning slavery and what had happened, but we as a collective group of people need to move on and learn from our history and stop exploiting every damn new person that comes here from other countries.

Should their be reparations to black people because of slavery. Alright, if there are going to reparations for the Jews because of Hitler. If we start counting all the bad things that have happened to certain ethnic groups, we wouldn't have any money at all. Don't you think our terrible government takes too much of our money as it is to support genocide and wars on other poor people.
guess what

United States

#39 Mar 11, 2008
If one was to sit down and study the history, you would find that the negro slaves were sold by their own people in Africa and sent to this country. They were'nt stolen and brought over here. As for the terms of African-American, Mexican-American, Native-American all help to add to the division of this country. You are American, how many of you were born in America? Mexico, or some where else? Would that not make you an American? Drop the other. I prefer to call my self American, with a cherekee heritage.
Frank S

Paradise, CA

#40 Mar 11, 2008
I don't get it?? A black man ownes a store and he didn't know they were selling KKK stuf in it since 1997. WOW!!!!!!!!!! It bogles the mind.
carter

United States

#41 Mar 11, 2008
Black Entertainment Television channel is owned by a white person thank you,sir
Joe

Chico, CA

#42 Mar 11, 2008
Good thing my grandparents were slaves, or we would still be living in Africa, walking the desert in 120 degree heat frighting for scraps of food and very little water. Fighting off snakes and scorpions.
lower ocean resident

Pacific Grove, CA

#43 Mar 12, 2008
IAM wrote:
<quoted text>
you GOTTA be kidding me!
every month is "teach my kid he's gotta be smarter and stronger BECUASE he's white" month so he can actually beat out a minority who got his job because the govt PAYS for companys to hire them or gives them a HUGE break or MAKES govt contractors HIRE minority subcontractors to get a job.
sorry dude but that is just not the case, people of color are paid less than white people for doing the same job, and are turned down for promotions, while less qualified white people get the job. by the way affirmative action was over turned years ago, you are an idiot
WHY

Alexandria, VA

#44 Mar 12, 2008
Bubba Naess wrote:
See, the white hatred of the black man lives on even to this day. Anybody who says that racism isn't real, or that the black man don't deserve reparations for decades - centuries - of oppression in this country is just foolin themselves. Haters even on this web site, saying that they don't agree that there is a problem.
I bet if things was reversed, and all you white folks had been through what we been through, you would be singing a diffrent tune...
its NOT white hatred of the "black", it disgust with people like you who use a centuries old crime to blame on their own situation today. You, your partents and yur parents parents weren't "slaves" .. so pull yourself up, take advantage of the SO MANY advantages you now have and STOP WHINING.

imagine ... WHITE ENTERTAINMENT NETWORK, WHITE ENTERTAINMENT AWARDS, THE WHITE MANS COLLEGE FUND, a magazine called "WHITE MAN", WHITE MAN OF THE YEAR AWARD ... i could go on , but if these things existed we would be called "racist". What do you call BET, Ebony Magazine, the NAACP, etc. etc ...

if you look at ALL the succesful black politicians, business people, music and entertainment stars, athletes, models, talk show hosts ... you GOTTA be kidding me to even THINK of complaining.

grow up and grow a pair and be responsible for YOURSELF.
JHENRY

Santa Cruz, CA

#45 Mar 12, 2008
Native SCer wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh really?! So there were ships upon ships full of thousands of white slaves that made the trip across the Atlantic? Wow, that's news to me. JHenry, looks like someone forgot to take their meds buddy. Gimme a break, it's not to say white people haven't endured hardship, but to say they've been through the same is a ridiculous LIE, not just an exaggeration.
I challenge you to watch the movie "Amazing
Grace" and then come back to the discussion...
Here's a big clue for you from someone with more knowledge of history than you seem to have-
history started thousands of years ago,and, yes, there were ships carrying white slaves and every other color, right from the beginning.
Slaves were the booty of war, and the winner almost always enslaved the losers.
So, unless you are mistakenly assuming that only blacks lost wars then you understand that color had little to do with the barbarian act of slavery.
A hint to get you started on your history lesson-
who built the pyramids?
A Heidenreich

Minneapolis, MN

#47 Mar 13, 2008
This is so stupid, i doubt that man owns the building.. after all, if he owned it wouldnt he have taken control of it sooner? or tried to? its ridiculous. What does that store manager John Howard say about that guy saying he owns the redneck shop?
JHENRY

Santa Cruz, CA

#48 Mar 13, 2008
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
I totally agree. I mean HELLO.. yea the whites suffered so poorly, when they were not sitting in their mansions, watching their slaves sweat in the hot sun, tending to the white man... JHenry you got some serious mental issues... I think you aint gettin none and gots baby batter on the brain... better take care of the sewage leak fast.
You must be a Jr High schooler. Your taunts are sophomoric and without wit. I suspect you were bullied a lot growing up and now try to get even while hiding behind a keyboard.

Learn some history and quit making a fool of yourself.
Here's a big clue for you from someone with more knowledge of history than you seem to have-
history started thousands of years ago,and, yes, there were ships carrying white slaves and every other color, right from the beginning.
Slaves were the booty of war, and the winner almost always enslaved the losers.
So, unless you are mistakenly assuming that only blacks lost wars then you understand that color had little to do with the barbarian act of slavery.
A hint to get you started on your history lesson-
who built the pyramids?
rita

Jamestown, CA

#49 Mar 13, 2008
know these are not the easiest of times for white men. But do't you realize, it has been very difficult for everyone else for a very long time?
LOL

Santa Cruz, CA

#50 Mar 13, 2008
JHENRY wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be a Jr High schooler. Your taunts are sophomoric and without wit. I suspect you were bullied a lot growing up and now try to get even while hiding behind a keyboard.
Learn some history and quit making a fool of yourself.
Here's a big clue for you from someone with more knowledge of history than you seem to have-
history started thousands of years ago,and, yes, there were ships carrying white slaves and every other color, right from the beginning.
Slaves were the booty of war, and the winner almost always enslaved the losers.
So, unless you are mistakenly assuming that only blacks lost wars then you understand that color had little to do with the barbarian act of slavery.
A hint to get you started on your history lesson-
who built the pyramids?
Listen man/woman whatever you are: You seem to know everyone. First you need to get new material because you already told someone else this. Second you don't know me, I dont know you and I like it that way. You respond, and people who dont like what you have to say are going to retort. That's why its called a "Comment page". So dont think that your exempt because your: "Proud to be American" status, and expect to have EVERYONE believe like you do. You are advanced in age, and set in your ways and I expect that. I was once told that you can't make everyone speak and think like yourself. Actually I am young, but been out of school for many years now. I work hard, and do very well. So your comments do not exasperate me in the least. So carry one with your commentary of ignorance as you know best. Good luck on your endeavor of such little knowledge. As far the Pyramids? Actually, it's still in debate as to who really built it.. Look it up, although not everything you read can be true.
Looky Here

Lancaster, PA

#51 Mar 13, 2008
Not any more difficult than it is for Whites who live in Zimbabwe who are being attacked and killed by blacks, and who have the Government taking their farms... worked great didnt it? Blacks got all the white farms, didnt know how to work them and now the country starves. When are blacks going to learn that with out whites you fail?
rita wrote:
know these are not the easiest of times for white men. But do't you realize, it has been very difficult for everyone else for a very long time?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Laurens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: RTS LLC (Dec '12) Sep 11 Kirby Lover 15
14-year-old Girl Dies Week After Golf Cart Fall (Jan '08) Sep 9 FearGod-ForChange 16
SC SC state senator refers to candidate as 'raghead' (Jun '10) Sep 8 mossad was hacked 1,150
brilliance of nostradamus word "AFFRIQUE" (Apr '12) Aug 31 Sailboat1107 78
SCDPS: Trooper who arrested NFL player for spee... Aug 22 Guest 1
Any one knows John Birch from Boothill band? (Aug '09) Aug '14 Your mom 16
Scam Alert, the "We'll pay you to decal your ca... Aug '14 captianobvious 1
•••
Laurens Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Laurens Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Laurens People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Laurens News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Laurens
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••