'Redneck Shop' creates dispute in S.C.

Full story: Las Cruces Sun-News

A black civil rights activist is fighting to close a store that sells KKK robes and T-shirts emblazoned with racial slurs.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of64
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Justin

Milford, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Mar 10, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

"I want to destroy the concept of hatred." I assume he means to shut down the entire operation of the famous Black Entertainment Television channel also then, correct? I hope to see him soon, picketing in front of their doors. Ask yourself what you would think of a channel that proudly flies the name, "White Entertainment Television." The only thing that channels like those channels do is create a reminder of difference... I thought that he was out to stop this difference, or as he put it in his words, "concept of hatred." Why don't we just create a whole month dedicated to white history. Are people going to deny the clan as a part of it's history, no matter how much of a disgrace it is? Articles like the one you are displaying on your site here, create the difference that the Rev. needs to stop. Articles like this just fuel the racial fire.
Judas

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Mar 10, 2008
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Every month is a month dedicated to white history, in case you were not paying attention in class.

Since: Dec 07

Arlington, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Mar 10, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

The more things change, the more they stay the same. The Presidential campaign of Barack Obama is based upon generations of people who are beyond racism and into the New Politics, but as the outcome may show later this year, America still has far too many citizens who are not so culturally or politically advanced. Maybe when they die things will change. I doubt it.
Phllygrl475

Lenexa, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Mar 10, 2008
 

Judged:

1

WOW !!!!
say what

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Mar 10, 2008
 
Judas wrote:
Every month is a month dedicated to white history, in case you were not paying attention in class.
every month is not white history month - that is what the hate-mongers want you to think

if you are truly paying attention there are many people who are rarely represented in history in general

but I guess that would mean you'd have to think for your self
IAM

Alexandria, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Mar 10, 2008
 
Judas wrote:
Every month is a month dedicated to white history, in case you were not paying attention in class.
you GOTTA be kidding me!
every month is "teach my kid he's gotta be smarter and stronger BECUASE he's white" month so he can actually beat out a minority who got his job because the govt PAYS for companys to hire them or gives them a HUGE break or MAKES govt contractors HIRE minority subcontractors to get a job.
wildman

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Mar 10, 2008
 
H2O stealer, Glad to see the hot photo is back.
JHENRY

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Mar 10, 2008
 
As long as White anything is not allowed we are pure hypocrites when itm comes to race relations.
America should ban all ethnic preferences.
Good for the goose, etc.
BTW-White men ARE the minority in California now. Doesn't that kick in all those preferential treatments that minorities usually receive?
city girl

New Cumberland, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Mar 10, 2008
 
IT HAS COME TO THE POINT WHERE THE WHITE IS THE MINORITY. HIRE A PERSON BECAUSE HE CAN DO THE JOB AND NOT BECAUSE OF HIS COLOR. IT HAS BECOME A DOUBLE STANDARD. WE HAVE BLACK PRIDE DAY ,BUT IF WE HAVE WHITE PRIDE DAY THEN IT IS RACIAL.
JHENRY

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Mar 10, 2008
 
city girl wrote:
IT HAS COME TO THE POINT WHERE THE WHITE IS THE MINORITY. HIRE A PERSON BECAUSE HE CAN DO THE JOB AND NOT BECAUSE OF HIS COLOR. IT HAS BECOME A DOUBLE STANDARD. WE HAVE BLACK PRIDE DAY ,BUT IF WE HAVE WHITE PRIDE DAY THEN IT IS RACIAL.
Hypocrisy, maybe?
Native Homo

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Mar 10, 2008
 
Are you serious?!?

I wish I could egg it. Or burn it down. But I'm too old for that kinda of behavior, but that's what my heart feels.

In around 1999 I saw a man walking on Beach Street dressed in a full white robe with one of those white dunce caps, a KKK fool. I stopped my bike and threw my Diet Coke at him. I was much younger then.
Once again

Los Lunas, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Mar 10, 2008
 
I can see clearly now wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, when the democrats die , especially the Shrieking Harpy, the world will be a better place for all.
Here you are again...you are a huge disgrace!
whatever

Los Lunas, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Mar 10, 2008
 
IAM wrote:
<quoted text>
you GOTTA be kidding me!
every month is "teach my kid he's gotta be smarter and stronger BECUASE he's white" month so he can actually beat out a minority who got his job because the govt PAYS for companys to hire them or gives them a HUGE break or MAKES govt contractors HIRE minority subcontractors to get a job.
Waaa-waaaa-waaa!! Cry me a river!
whatever

Los Lunas, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Mar 10, 2008
 
Native Homo wrote:
Are you serious?!?
I wish I could egg it. Or burn it down. But I'm too old for that kinda of behavior, but that's what my heart feels.
In around 1999 I saw a man walking on Beach Street dressed in a full white robe with one of those white dunce caps, a KKK fool. I stopped my bike and threw my Diet Coke at him. I was much younger then.
Good for you!!
Bubba Naess

Rochester, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Mar 10, 2008
 

Judged:

2

2

1

See, the white hatred of the black man lives on even to this day. Anybody who says that racism isn't real, or that the black man don't deserve reparations for decades - centuries - of oppression in this country is just foolin themselves. Haters even on this web site, saying that they don't agree that there is a problem.

I bet if things was reversed, and all you white folks had been through what we been through, you would be singing a diffrent tune...
Common Sense

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Mar 10, 2008
 
The guy has a right to own his shop and the reverend knows this. Protesting just draws attention to it and probably increases sales. Given the location, there is an obvious demand for the products he sells, no matter how vile they are, so what does a good reverend do?
Answer: Open another business up that is so revolting to his customer base that he goes out of business due to lack of patronage. And maybe some 24 hour a day music booming away, like Morris day and the Time doing Jungle Love, though my personal favorite is Oak Tree.
There's more than one way to skin a bigot.
JHENRY

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Mar 10, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

Bubba Naess wrote:
See, the white hatred of the black man lives on even to this day. Anybody who says that racism isn't real, or that the black man don't deserve reparations for decades - centuries - of oppression in this country is just foolin themselves. Haters even on this web site, saying that they don't agree that there is a problem.
I bet if things was reversed, and all you white folks had been through what we been through, you would be singing a diffrent tune...
White men throughout history have gone through exactly what blacks in America went through.
Slavery has been around for thousands of years and a lot of the time it was people of color enslaving so-called whites.
Slavery isn't a black thing. It's a morality thing.
Some day blacks will be proud of their race instead of using their color as an excuse.
Native SCer

Sunnyvale, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Mar 10, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

JHENRY wrote:
<quoted text>
White men throughout history have gone through exactly what blacks in America went through.
Slavery has been around for thousands of years and a lot of the time it was people of color enslaving so-called whites.
Slavery isn't a black thing. It's a morality thing.
Some day blacks will be proud of their race instead of using their color as an excuse.
Oh really?! So there were ships upon ships full of thousands of white slaves that made the trip across the Atlantic? Wow, that's news to me. JHenry, looks like someone forgot to take their meds buddy. Gimme a break, it's not to say white people haven't endured hardship, but to say they've been through the same is a ridiculous LIE, not just an exaggeration.
I challenge you to watch the movie "Amazing Grace" and then come back to the discussion...
not a native

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Mar 10, 2008
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Bubba Naess wrote:
See, the white hatred of the black man lives on even to this day. Anybody who says that racism isn't real, or that the black man don't deserve reparations for decades - centuries - of oppression in this country is just foolin themselves. Haters even on this web site, saying that they don't agree that there is a problem.
I bet if things was reversed, and all you white folks had been through what we been through, you would be singing a diffrent tune...
many of us were...
did you know Anglo is a corruption of the latin word for Angel? that is what the Pope called the light skinned light haired people that were captured and brought to Rome for his entertainment.

EVERY race has experienced and inflicted slavery on some group at some point in its past... Blacks, whites, Asians, indians, native American Indians, etc.
Slavery is part of our collective HUMAN past. To claim otherwise is ignorant and self absorbed in the extreme. I owe you NOTHING for black slavery. Yo uwere not a slave, and I am not a slave owner. If you want to say ... "but your ancestors" then I can probably say, "but YOUR ancestors" too.
Eastsider

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Mar 10, 2008
 
Why is this in the Santa Cruz sentinel? I can't go burn it down if its in South Carolina? So whats the point of this article? Everyone knows there is still racism in the South.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of64
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Laurens Discussions

Search the Laurens Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
SC SC state senator refers to candidate as 'raghead' (Jun '10) 4 hr Bonnie Wheeler 1,118
Will you help me please? Thu LexiReads 1
Police Corruption in South Carolina (Aug '09) Jul 8 Macy 57
Germany's BMW to invest $1 billion in Mexico plant Jul 3 Wally 1
brilliance of nostradamus word "AFFRIQUE" (Apr '12) Jun 26 guest 60
Animal Society applauds passage of anti-cruelty... Jun 18 msscarlett 1
looking for sherry orr (Jun '12) Jun 15 Mother Hubbard 5
•••
•••
•••
•••

Laurens Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Laurens People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Laurens News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Laurens
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••