'Redneck Shop' Creates Dispute

'Redneck Shop' Creates Dispute

There are 115 comments on the WUSA Washington, DC story from Mar 10, 2008, titled 'Redneck Shop' Creates Dispute. In it, WUSA Washington, DC reports that:

A black civil rights activist is fighting to close a store that sells KKK robes and T-shirts emblazoned with racial slurs.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WUSA Washington, DC.

give me a break

Baltimore, MD

#22 Mar 11, 2008
fed up with the mess wrote:
<quoted text>Blacks don't want to kill whites...only whites want to kill blacks. Why is that?
I think it goes like this...blacks kill blacks.......

“God Bless America”

Since: Feb 08

Woodbridge, VA

#23 Mar 11, 2008
Racism in my opinion can be summed up into one word: IGNORANT. However there is a freedom of speech and expression (I fought for that). Though I don't agree with the shop's ideas, sadly the preacher's best bet is to wait until MR. KKK croaks.

The clause in the lease will prevail in this case.
give me a break

Baltimore, MD

#24 Mar 11, 2008
<quoted text>Most come in the "white race".
Those without a racist thought ever, throw the first stone.

Not white, just mankind.
fed up with the mess

United States

#25 Mar 11, 2008
give me a break wrote:
<quoted text>
Those without a racist thought ever, throw the first stone.
Not white, just mankind.
I treat every person on an individual basis as to how they treat me. I am open to being kind to everyone until they show their true colors.
fed up with the mess

United States

#26 Mar 11, 2008
give me a break wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it goes like this...blacks kill blacks.......
And whites kill whites/blacks/hispanic....shal l I go on?
dora5132

United States

#27 Mar 11, 2008
It's time to speed up progress in Laurens.This is 2008 not 1908.the civil rights laws are on the books now.get rid of those street addresses that are still marked with c.we are not colored people nor are inferior.it's a shame that some people are still so blatantly racist!
dora5132

United States

#28 Mar 11, 2008
that should have read;nor are we inferior.
dora5132

United States

#29 Mar 11, 2008
Skip wrote:
This is the stupidest thing I have ever heard, tell kennedy to raise the rent. nobody can purchase a property and have an illegal covenant in it.
closed for renovations.
new boss, new rules. new rent. he can still keep the shop if he pays the rent.
shoot the azzholee, that will fix the until he dies clause and close the business, a win win.
why not have an electrical problem?that will solve a lot of mess.
NANCE

Glenn Dale, MD

#30 Mar 11, 2008
ITS IDIOTS LIKE THIS THAT GIVE WHITE PEOPLE A BAD NAME. WHY DOESN'T THIS COUNTRY STOP THE RACISM?? IF EVERYBODY WOULD JUDGE A PERSON ON HIS/HER CHARACTER, THEN WHAT A GREAT COUNTRY THIS WOULD BE.

I SAY THROW THE BURNING CROSS THROUGH THE STORE WINDOW AND CALL IT A DAY!!! THAT WILL TEACH THEM TO PRACTICE RACISM... WILL THEY HAVE TIME TO PUT THEIR CAPES ON???
plaza1

Centreville, VA

#31 Mar 11, 2008
<quoted text>I think you are jealous....
Ya I have always dreamed of wearing pants that looked like I dropped a big load in them....

“Hello Trump”

Since: Jan 07

Goodby Hillary

#32 Mar 12, 2008
<quoted text>And whites kill whites/blacks/hispanic....shal l I go on?
Oh no,nothing RACIST or BIGOTTED about YOU is there??? The biggest danger to young black males aged 16-25 is young black males aged 16-25. And increasingly the biggest danger to young white females aged 18-30(give or take)is young black men aged similarly. Why is that Doc? Could it be there is a percentage of them that are genetically asocial? Or just have trouble understanding rules of civilization?
blackpower

Mission, KS

#33 Mar 12, 2008
whip dem honkey crackers and be sure you white people work xtra hard today i need some more money

Since: Oct 07

Ashburn, Va

#34 Mar 12, 2008
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh no,nothing RACIST or BIGOTTED about YOU is there??? The biggest danger to young black males aged 16-25 is young black males aged 16-25. And increasingly the biggest danger to young white females aged 18-30(give or take)is young black men aged similarly. Why is that Doc? Could it be there is a percentage of them that are genetically asocial? Or just have trouble understanding rules of civilization?
"the biggest danger to young white females aged 18-30(give or take)is young black men aged similarly."

That's a load of crap. Did you just make that up?

I would think the biggest danger would be their boyfriend, husband or white serial killers.
Dana

Dillingham, AK

#35 Mar 12, 2008
<quoted text>Does it say "white trash", cracker or "I hate white folks" on it? NO fool.
Yes, or messages very similar in hate towards white people. Just look at the numbers of whites that are murdered and rapped by black men.
Time for white America to defend itself against the black violence that is increasing in this country. Sending black criminals to jail is not the answer anymore, as they are let out in only a few hours.

Since: Oct 07

Ashburn, Va

#36 Mar 12, 2008
Dana wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, or messages very similar in hate towards white people. Just look at the numbers of whites that are murdered and rapped by black men.
Time for white America to defend itself against the black violence that is increasing in this country. Sending black criminals to jail is not the answer anymore, as they are let out in only a few hours.
What are the numbers for black on white crime????Could you please provide the facts or are you just making thing up?

"rapped" LMAO!!!!
BJC

Washington, DC

#37 Mar 12, 2008
Now I know why (little green persons ) do not want to come here. Their lives would not be worth a cent. All this name calling and venom for human life. Children go to your corners until you can behave better and get out you bible and read. I would love to see hugs instead.
CNANCE

Glenn Dale, MD

#38 Mar 12, 2008
Dana wrote:
<quoted text>
HAVE YOU LOOKED AT THE STATISTICS LATELY? THERE IS SUCH A THING AS BLACK ON BLACK CRIMES AND THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENS IN OUR NATIONS CAPITOL. ON ANY GIVEN NIGHT SOMEONE IS SHOT AND IT IS USUALLY BLACK ON BLACK... READ UP LADY.... I THINK IT WOULD BE FAIR TO SAY THAT A CRIMINAL IS A CRIMINAL WEATHER HE IS BLACK, WHITE, HISPANIC OR OTHERWISE. THE BOTTOM LINE IS IF THE PERSON HAS IT IN HIM TO COMMITT A CRIME, HE WILL DO IT. IT REALLY HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THEIR RACE, BUT RATHER THEIR UPBRINGING AND MORALS, ETHICS, ETC...
SO MANY PEOPLE JUDGE AND WOULD LIKE TO BLAME BLACK FOLK FOR CRIMES AND YOU WANT TO ACT LIKE YOU HAVENT SEEN THE WHITE CHICK IN THE TRAILER PARK WITH 50 KIDS ALL CRACKED OUT.... HUH??? THERE IS SUCH A THING AS WHITE TRASH AND BLACK TRASH, HELLO????

Since: Feb 08

Washington, DC

#39 Mar 12, 2008
i knew as soon as i saw this headline, some ignorant sh!t toward blacks would be said. i say let them keep the shop open, so we'll know who the racists are. i would buy all of you the racist t-shirts he sells, so we can identify you off the top.

Rev. Kennedy seems like a cool dude. raise the rent, Rev.!!
fed up with the mess

United States

#41 Mar 12, 2008
NANCE wrote:
ITS IDIOTS LIKE THIS THAT GIVE WHITE PEOPLE A BAD NAME. WHY DOESN'T THIS COUNTRY STOP THE RACISM?? IF EVERYBODY WOULD JUDGE A PERSON ON HIS/HER CHARACTER, THEN WHAT A GREAT COUNTRY THIS WOULD BE.
I SAY THROW THE BURNING CROSS THROUGH THE STORE WINDOW AND CALL IT A DAY!!! THAT WILL TEACH THEM TO PRACTICE RACISM... WILL THEY HAVE TIME TO PUT THEIR CAPES ON???
AMEN!!!
fed up with the mess

United States

#42 Mar 12, 2008
Dana wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a perfect racist...ignorant and afraid of others. STUPID!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Laurens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cam Newton Jul '17 gopats 1
Considering relocating to Spartanburg NEED OPIN... (Jun '11) Jul '17 pearladams35 6
Bootleg Bill Canny. Jul '17 Bootleg Bill fan 1
News Black Pastor Fights to Close KKK Store He Claim... (Mar '08) Jul '17 AllMy 305
Sheriff Libido (Apr '16) Jun '16 Hope abounds 4
brilliance of nostradamus word "AFFRIQUE" (Apr '12) Apr '15 gab 79
South Carolina toddler in medically induced com... (Apr '15) Apr '15 avery 1

Laurens Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Laurens Mortgages