'Redneck Shop' Creates Dispute

A black civil rights activist is fighting to close a store that sells KKK robes and T-shirts emblazoned with racial slurs. Full Story
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
MrsG

United States

#1 Mar 10, 2008
Racism is alive and well in the south.... the store & proudly admitting to be a past high ranking KKK member. Blows me away, WOW!!!!
Jennifer

Alexandria, VA

#2 Mar 11, 2008
Wow...nobody thinks that "redneck" is offensive or the term "white trash"? I do not agree with racism but I do believe that people have the freedom to express their views whether it is deemed appropriate, or right or wrong. What do our troops fight for? Freedom. Even if the freedom is to allow people to be stupid. My husband served overseas so that people have the right to be jerks and act like idiots...or so we sometimes think.
askgees

Arlington, VA

#3 Mar 11, 2008
Funny, maybe he should be more concerned about the message the young black community sends. Look at some of the attire they where.
Skip

Conley, GA

#4 Mar 11, 2008
This is the stupidest thing I have ever heard, tell kennedy to raise the rent. nobody can purchase a property and have an illegal covenant in it.

closed for renovations.

new boss, new rules. new rent. he can still keep the shop if he pays the rent.

shoot the azzholee, that will fix the until he dies clause and close the business, a win win.
Joe

Washington, DC

#5 Mar 11, 2008
But of course if the guy sold black power shirts and "kill whitey" bumper stickers it would be perfectly all right.
MouseD

Los Angeles, CA

#6 Mar 11, 2008
The only reason David Kennedy wants this shop closed down is so he can turn the property into a church thus avoid paying taxes on the property that is the bottom line here.
fed up with the mess

United States

#7 Mar 11, 2008
askgees wrote:
Funny, maybe he should be more concerned about the message the young black community sends. Look at some of the attire they where.
Does it say "white trash", cracker or "I hate white folks" on it? NO fool.
fed up with the mess

United States

#8 Mar 11, 2008
Joe wrote:
But of course if the guy sold black power shirts and "kill whitey" bumper stickers it would be perfectly all right.
NO. It would not be all right either.
fed up with the mess

United States

#9 Mar 11, 2008
askgees wrote:
I think you are jealous....
fed up with the mess

United States

#10 Mar 11, 2008
The shop should be shut down along with the KKK. They are idiots!!!
fed up with the mess

United States

#11 Mar 11, 2008
It should say "The Idiot Shop"...the "I promote hate shop"...
fed up with the mess

United States

#12 Mar 11, 2008
Joe wrote:
Blacks don't want to kill whites...only whites want to kill blacks. Why is that?
CKB

Baltimore, MD

#13 Mar 11, 2008
Skip wrote:
This is the stupidest thing I have ever heard, tell kennedy to raise the rent. nobody can purchase a property and have an illegal covenant in it.
closed for renovations.
new boss, new rules. new rent. he can still keep the shop if he pays the rent.
shoot the azzholee, that will fix the until he dies clause and close the business, a win win.
I agree raise the rent and if they get behind enforce the eviction process. It can be very difficult to make a person move out if they are paying their rent. However, in Virginia and Maryland you can ask for the property back with no reason when the lease is up.
give me a break

Davidsonville, MD

#14 Mar 11, 2008
Extremist are in all races, genders and beliefs. He should walk away and work on his own racist issues.

There are all black African american shops out there as well, but I do not see him trying to shut them down. He just wants the property, and therefore is using the racist card to get it.
CKB

Baltimore, MD

#15 Mar 11, 2008
The fact is that property belong to Mr. David Kennedy he is the owner.
askgees

Arlington, VA

#17 Mar 11, 2008
Like the NAACP
fed up with the mess wrote:
The shop should be shut down along with the KKK. They are idiots!!!
crash test dummy

Fairfax, VA

#18 Mar 11, 2008
we want we want we want. wow!

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Since: Jan 07

Dump American Eagle

#19 Mar 11, 2008
give me a break wrote:
Extremist are in all races, genders and beliefs. He should walk away and work on his own racist issues.
There are all black African american shops out there as well, but I do not see him trying to shut them down. He just wants the property, and therefore is using the racist card to get it.
He owns the property already,but a stipulation in the sale gives the former owner the use of it until his deathy. He is using it by running the KKK shop,thus pizzing off the Preacherman. Otherwise he is within his legal rights to has his little shop of hate...... Preacherman would do well to tend to his flock and wait for the old coot to croak.
fed up with the mess

United States

#20 Mar 11, 2008
askgees wrote:
Like the NAACP
<quoted text>
They don't promote hate at all. The reason for NAACP is because of all the hatred and discrimination white folks created back in the day towards blacks. So blame your white folks in the past.
fed up with the mess

United States

#21 Mar 11, 2008
give me a break wrote:
Most come in the "white race".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Laurens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Boycott "the Groves at Clemson" Dec 15 No Justice - No P... 1
Rts is it a scam (Aug '12) Dec 11 jessica 13
Police Corruption in South Carolina (Aug '09) Dec 9 Daniel 61
Gayle Ann Greer (Aug '09) Dec 6 aimee wolf 2
Former Narcotics Deputy Faces Drug Charge (Mar '09) Dec 4 Lone star 4
i love vanessa hudgens!!! (Apr '07) Nov '14 Big mike 6
Spartanburg Music Selection (Aug '12) Nov '14 Musikologist 11
Laurens Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web