Walgreens makes special effort

Walgreens makes special effort

There are 2 comments on the The State story from Jun 13, 2007, titled Walgreens makes special effort. In it, The State reports that:

Walgreens today will open a mammoth warehouse off Interstate 85 in Anderson County packed with gee-whiz packing machinery that allows the company to employ more than 100 workers with mental disabilities.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The State.

MELISSA KINMAN

Simpsonville, SC

#1 Jun 17, 2007
I COULD NOT STOP CRYING WHEN I READ THIS ABOUT WHAT WALGREEN'S DOING FOR ONE'S WHO HAVE A DISABILITY.
I GREW UP WITH A BROTHER WHO IS DEAF AND I KNOW HIS LIVE STRUGGEL'S AND NEED'S AND I AM SO PROUD TO SAY THIS NEW WAREHOUSE IS CLOSE TO MY HOME AND I KNOW NOE I WILL ONLY SHOP AT WALGREENS.
I THANK YOU , I KNEW WHEN I STARTED READING THIS HE MUST HAVE A DISABEL CHILD HIMSELF TO UNDER STAND AND TO DO SO MUCH FOR THE IMPAIRED.
GOD BLESS YOU AND KEEP HEADING FORTH.
WITH MUCH LOVE .
MELISSA
Dan

Easley, SC

#2 Jul 14, 2007
Wal-marts been hiring people with disabilities ,but it's still one of the worst companies to work for. I said it before and I
ll say it afgain. South Carolina workers need to unionize!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Laurens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cam Newton Jul 26 gopats 1
Considering relocating to Spartanburg NEED OPIN... (Jun '11) Jul '17 pearladams35 6
Bootleg Bill Canny. Jul '17 Bootleg Bill fan 1
News Black Pastor Fights to Close KKK Store He Claim... (Mar '08) Jul '17 AllMy 305
Sheriff Libido (Apr '16) Jun '16 Hope abounds 4
brilliance of nostradamus word "AFFRIQUE" (Apr '12) Apr '15 gab 79
South Carolina toddler in medically induced com... (Apr '15) Apr '15 avery 1

Laurens Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Laurens Mortgages