Black Pastor Tries To Oust KKK Store ...

Black Pastor Tries To Oust KKK Store Owner

There are 12 comments on the NBC 5i Dallas/Fort Worth story from Mar 10, 2008, titled Black Pastor Tries To Oust KKK Store Owner. In it, NBC 5i Dallas/Fort Worth reports that:

A black civil rights activist is still fighting to close a South Carolina store that sells KKK robes and racist T-shirts in a building that he said he owns.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC 5i Dallas/Fort Worth.

The Big Time

“Runs Like a Deere”

Since: Jan 07

Forest Park, GA

#2 Mar 10, 2008
However, the legal documents also indicate that the man who runs the store has the right to operate it out of the building until he dies.

Sounds Like De-scrimination.....
Mark Blevins

Fort Worth, TX

#3 Mar 10, 2008
Go! John Howard.
Pat Mcgroin

United States

#14 Mar 10, 2008
He has every right to sell his items from that store,he was there long before the black jungle bunny was involved in the building,he used other peoples investment money to buy it just to harass the guy at the store.If a white guy bought a building that had a black man selling items there and he harassed him to leave,jesse jackasson would be on TV screaming prejudice! Blacks dont think twice about routinely stepping on our civil rights,but if theirs gets infringed upon,oh they scream and holler,and get celebrity blacks to demand public apologies to the whole black race.Theres double standards for civil rights,whites are supposed to take abuse from the others,
essentially not having any rights and Blacks and Hispanics demand and fully expect preferential treatment from our society,without giving anything in return.Maybe the KKK store owner should give out nooses with every purchase,i'm sure there are enough trees in South Carolina.No one protests about stores that sell Malcolm X and Black Panther items.
hangman

Eustace, TX

#15 Mar 10, 2008
if the tables were turned and it was a white pastor trying to close a store owned by a black man saling things that were about hating white peoples and he would be a racist yet no one labels this pastor as a racist since it is a black man no one says anything to this racial motivated news story
RAUL

Moseley, VA

#17 Mar 11, 2008
The owner should have the right to get rid of this type of people that only instill hate.I am not black I'm a Cuban American and we should all white supremacist.
RoW

Quitman, AR

#19 Mar 11, 2008
hey man they sell black pride t shirts don't they? let's just hate one way....

Since: Mar 08

College Station, TX

#20 Mar 11, 2008
Racism is racism both ways: this is true.

Equating the KKK with Black Pride is both a sophistry and fundamentally flawed.

The KKK has a well known and well documented history of hate crimes, and the organization itself is illegal in many places.

Also, the race of the pastor has little to do with this. The crux of the matter is that a person wishes to prevent the sale of merchandise which is involved in hate crimes and hate speech. There is no way to find a fault in this argument.

Unless someone wishes to argue that the KKK is not a hate group, then there is no reasonable argument against a person seeking to prevent the sale of merchandise affiliated with that group. All arguments based on the race of the pastor are ad hominem and irrelevant.
Cody

Houston, TX

#21 Mar 11, 2008
The store owner as a point he is not selling anything illegal and if you do not like what he is selling then dont buy from him or dont go in his store.
Partsman

Fort Worth, TX

#22 Mar 11, 2008
While I don't endorse the selling of such items anywhere, if the business owner has been in business since 1996 and has a legal document that gives him the right operate it in the building until he dies then the Pastor knew or should have known this when he bought the building in 1997. He has no right to try to evict him and any court who takes this case is bowing to the pressure of the black community and not upholding the law. This is a clear case of racist behavior condoned and supported by the media.
ANAMERICAN4LIFE

United States

#23 Mar 11, 2008
Only terrorists cover their faces...
We have enough problems in our own nation.
We don’t need this. We can do without “IDIOTS” like this.
What’s wrong with this picture???
Where’s the Justice in the world?
I would LOVE to put these “IDIOTS” in IRAQ and see how far they can go on there own “POWER”
An AMERICAN for life!
Chris

Lewisville, TX

#26 Mar 12, 2008
Pat Mcgroin wrote:
He has every right to sell his items from that store,he was there long before the black jungle bunny was involved in the building,he used other peoples investment money to buy it just to harass the guy at the store.If a white guy bought a building that had a black man selling items there and he harassed him to leave,jesse jackasson would be on TV screaming prejudice! Blacks dont think twice about routinely stepping on our civil rights,but if theirs gets infringed upon,oh they scream and holler,and get celebrity blacks to demand public apologies to the whole black race.Theres double standards for civil rights,whites are supposed to take abuse from the others,
essentially not having any rights and Blacks and Hispanics demand and fully expect preferential treatment from our society,without giving anything in return.Maybe the KKK store owner should give out nooses with every purchase,i'm sure there are enough trees in South Carolina.No one protests about stores that sell Malcolm X and Black Panther items.
Couldn't put it any better!!!

If we are truly gonna get over this racism crap, it has to be both ways. White ppl bend over backwards to try not to offend. Others, dont give a shit, they claim pride, but down their own standings in the world.

Since: Mar 08

College Station, TX

#27 Mar 12, 2008
A question for mental exercise:
Would this case be different if it were a white civil rights activist?
If so, why?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Laurens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Charles stank Bailey Apr 16 Smmfh 1
Murderer Jonathan Benny (Apr '15) Apr 14 ash 8
Laurens County Council & Noise Ordinances (Jan '07) Mar '18 Terry L Gibbs 239
slaton Mar '18 gust 1
Dirty sex offender Jerry Neal Morris from Dunca... (Aug '14) Feb '18 Jane 5
News Black Pastor Fights to Close KKK Store He Claim... (Mar '08) Jul '17 AllMy 305
Sheriff Libido (Apr '16) Jun '16 Hope abounds 4

Laurens Jobs

Personal Finance

Laurens Mortgages