OPINION: Countywide police, fire makes sense

Regional police, fire coverage can save millions of dollars for struggling local governments. Full Story
Enough Lies

Wilmington, DE

#1 Jan 16, 2011
Look how Camden County runs the Prosecutors Office and the Sherriff's Department now. If they were doing such a great job those departments would be Flourishing and not facing layoffs of personnel. Just another ploy to pull the wool over taxpayers eyes and divert attention away from the politicians.
SamIAm

Hammonton, NJ

#2 Jan 23, 2011
With all due respect Enough Lies, why do we need bigger government. Based solely on what you posted, it seems you think that the Prosectors Office and Sheriff's Dept should be flourishing. Why should these departments they be flourishing and growing bigger. Government needs to be smaller. Who pays for all this stuff...taxpayers. Finally we have politicians who have heard us for decades saying cut, cut, cut. All we've had is more cushing government jobs for friends and familieis, contruction deals for those who contribute to their campaign and promise of jobs for politicians when they're out of office. We need more continued cuts and more consolidation. That's what taxpayers DEMAND and WILL GET! Just remember BIG GOVERNMENT means less money for taxpayers.
madashell

Blackwood, NJ

#3 Feb 1, 2011
Why do we need more cops in the suburbs? why do i need to see 4 Gloucester Township cops pulling over a little old lady, who is obviously not a threat. Our taxes are so damn high as it is. How many time do i need to drive by desolate parking lots with 2 cops hanging out and shootin the shit? I'm so tired of the overpopulated police force that is really not necessary. I live in a very low crime area yet there are Gloucester Township Cops(most corrupt cops in the state) everywhere. I guess i'd rather invest my tax dollars into education and my local schools instead of paying for some corrupt, pigs' salary. Reduce the cops and taxes will go down and citizens will be happier not being harrassed by alcoholic wife beaters. Trabosh, your time is coming. The corruption in Gloucester township will no longer be permiited by you and your corrupt cop family.
Dana

Blackwood, NJ

#4 Feb 1, 2011
I agree...Gloucester Township cops are the worst and very corrupt...just ask my husband who is an attorney.
Annmar

Clementon, NJ

#5 Feb 2, 2011
Madashell and Dana,
If you're so displeased with the GTPD, then move.
mas

Cherry Hill, NJ

#6 Jun 11, 2011
Barrington nj has the worst dept. I know of at.least three cops that cheat on their wives. Over paid for driving around all day or just hanging at the schools looking for fresh teachers to make moves on.
Anonymous

Clementon, NJ

#7 Jun 14, 2012
Woodbury, NJ has the worst police department.
Anonymous

Clementon, NJ

#8 Jun 14, 2012
Lynessa

Hammonton, NJ

#9 Jun 15, 2012
Bad idea. I need my local police to protect me and my community not answer calls in high crime areas. We have the state police to handle calls for towns without a police force anyway.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Laurel Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anyone have memories of downtown Clementon in 5... (May '07) Oct 17 Dotty 817
Review: Genesis Healthcare Voorhees Powerback (Mar '13) Oct 2 another ex-employee 32
Heroin & Prostitution Sep 26 laurenm0 2
New Jersey Legislators offer new bill package t... Sep 26 laurenm0 2
Among workers at Revel there's shock, anxiety, ... Sep '14 2chainz babymama 4
Camden Home for Children was a haven for 114 years (Sep '08) Sep '14 Resident 4
Who do you support for U.S. House in New Jersey... (Oct '10) Aug '14 Crack Corn 34
Laurel Springs Dating
Find my Match

Laurel Springs Jobs

Laurel Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Laurel Springs News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Laurel Springs

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]