How Lance Bass is Making Mississippi ...

How Lance Bass is Making Mississippi Safer for LGBT Teens

There are 9 comments on the Gay.com story from Jul 13, 2012, titled How Lance Bass is Making Mississippi Safer for LGBT Teens. In it, Gay.com reports that:

Entertainer-turned-producer Lance Bass and filmmaker Katherine Linton salute a group of teenagers who held a prom for LGBT students and are becoming visible leaders for equality in their home state in the powerful new documentary short "Mississippi: I Am". The two were initially inspired by Constance McMillen, the lesbian teenager who sued her ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Gay.com.

John E

Tucson, AZ

#1 Jul 13, 2012
Lance Bass "looks" queer. I'm not saying that to be mean. He does. There's something about his eyes I can't put my finger on that just makes him "look" queer.

I've met other gay guys with that "look" too. It's creepy. Don't tellme that some gay guys don't look quuer because the really do and it's distrubing.

He's just got that weird "queer look".

Anyone else agree ?

Can anyone explain this ?
SLIF

Hamilton, Canada

#2 Jul 13, 2012
I don't look at guys long enough to notice.Has anyone ever noticed how on tv family ahows,the husband is always fat and out of shape,but the wife isn't?And when it's a cartoon and there are people,all they do is fight crime all day?But when it's a talking rodent,skunk,dragon,or car,it's a crime-free show?

“Child of the Universe”

Since: Aug 09

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

#4 Jul 13, 2012
John E wrote:
Lance Bass "looks" queer. I'm not saying that to be mean. He does. There's something about his eyes I can't put my finger on that just makes him "look" queer.
I've met other gay guys with that "look" too. It's creepy. Don't tellme that some gay guys don't look quuer because the really do and it's distrubing.
He's just got that weird "queer look".
Anyone else agree ?
Can anyone explain this ?
It's simple, really. A gay man tends to hold eye contact longer than a typical str8 man. Gays tend to be more communicative and more engaging in a way that makes str8 men uncomfortable - much like women have to withstand sexual attention from a man. Str8 men are used to having that "look" only returned to them from females.

This "look" is what makes str8 men assume that all gays are chasing them - which is not true. No self-respecting gay man would waste his time with an uninterested party, especially one who is so utterly unable to return the interest in kind. However, that does not mean that a gay man will shut himself down and try to pretend he's str8 when he's not.

Str8 men do not communicate with each other the way gays do. Go into any gay bar and you'll see what I mean. You'll see nothing more than a bunch of guys who, at first glance, are only that: guys. But more is happening under the surface, and more energy is being exchanged than in a group of str8 men who usually just try to impress each other with opinions about car manufacturers or whose girlfriend has the biggest tits.

FaFoxy

“ WOOF !”

Since: Oct 10

Coolidge, AZ

#5 Jul 13, 2012
Leftatalbuquerque wrote:
<quoted text>
It's simple, really. A gay man tends to hold eye contact longer than a typical str8 man. Gays tend to be more communicative and more engaging in a way that makes str8 men uncomfortable - much like women have to withstand sexual attention from a man. Str8 men are used to having that "look" only returned to them from females.
This "look" is what makes str8 men assume that all gays are chasing them - which is not true. No self-respecting gay man would waste his time with an uninterested party, especially one who is so utterly unable to return the interest in kind. However, that does not mean that a gay man will shut himself down and try to pretend he's str8 when he's not.
Str8 men do not communicate with each other the way gays do. Go into any gay bar and you'll see what I mean. You'll see nothing more than a bunch of guys who, at first glance, are only that: guys. But more is happening under the surface, and more energy is being exchanged than in a group of str8 men who usually just try to impress each other with opinions about car manufacturers or whose girlfriend has the biggest tits.
This is one of the most ridiculous posts I've ever read. Sheer nonsense.

Since: Sep 09

San Francisco, CA

#6 Jul 14, 2012
FaFoxy wrote:
<quoted text>
You must not read most of your own posts.

“Child of the Universe”

Since: Aug 09

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

#7 Jul 14, 2012
FaFoxy wrote:
<quoted text>
I find you one of the most ridiculous posters I've ever read. If we were stranded on a desert island, I'd hit you over the head with a cocoanut and use you as food.

FaFoxy

“ WOOF !”

Coolidge, AZ

#8 Jul 14, 2012
Leftatalbuquerque wrote:
<quoted text>
I find you one of the most ridiculous posters I've ever read. If we were stranded on a desert island, I'd hit you over the head with a cocoanut and use you as food.
If you don't like my posts, then don't read them. nobody is forcing you to. I ignore many posters here (like you).

And my posts are ALWAYS Fair. And Balanced.

:)
Tammy Duckworth

United States

#9 Jul 16, 2012
John E wrote:
Lance Bass "looks" queer.
So you must believe gays are born that way if you see physical traits different from straights.

FaFoxy

“ WOOF !”

Coolidge, AZ

#10 Jul 16, 2012
Tammy Duckworth wrote:
<quoted text>So you must believe gays are born that way if you see physical traits different from straights.
Well, I for one have always believed that and still do. There ARE certain people that "look" gay. Certainly not all, but some do.

And I have to agree that there is something weird, that I can't put my finger on, about Lance Bass' face that makes him "look" gay. And I've met other people like that to so It's not just him.

And I believe that just like one's chirality, one's sexual orientation is fixed before birth, and probably all, or mostly, genetic.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Laurel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News ICE Executes Largest Immigration Raid Ever... (Aug '08) Jul 20 Maria 7
News Jones County trappers catch 740-pound gator Jul 13 Vikman39360 1
In town for work for a few months, looking for ... Jul 10 schmillie 1
Anyone know larry huffman??? (Nov '12) Jun '16 hitman 14
good doctors who are not afraid to prescribe pa... (Jun '10) Jun '16 Mdollar 90
tracy harrington Jun '16 kat 1
Wells Made furniture factory in Laurel, MS?? (Nov '13) May '16 Dee 4

Laurel Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance