Plea for public transportation in Laurel

There are 10 comments on the Laurel Leader-Call story from Feb 3, 2010, titled Plea for public transportation in Laurel. In it, Laurel Leader-Call reports that:

Abigail Dean, case manager for the Laurel Salvation Army, appeared before the City Council Tuesday, asking them to consider adding a public transportation system locally.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Laurel Leader-Call.

Harry Astrick

Laurel, MS

#1 Feb 4, 2010
Yallz be sho and getsa me a ride so iz can get mo cigs and beera. Myz check sho ant bigs enough to keep mz landyatchs a runninz
Harry Astrick

Laurel, MS

#2 Feb 4, 2010
Yallz be sho and getsa me a ride so iz can get mo cigs and beera. Myz check sho ant bigs enough to keep mz landyatchs a runninz. Wez cants affoad no monie cuz wez gona goes to Jackson soz wez can stayra ups n ones of those hotels an havz us a good timz. Yalz keeps thu moinies flowing and maybees wez can fira somemo peoplzes
DB Cooper

Laurel, MS

#3 Feb 5, 2010
America is going broke. Since we aren't going to manufacture and we aren't going to even hit at getting those jobs back from India, China, Mexico or illegals, we should ask China to run our welfare state. They'll make the crap, we will get tiny welfare checks and purchase their defective, deadly products. It's a system doomed to fail. Just like now.

Toyota, moving forward.
DB Cooper

Laurel, MS

#4 Feb 5, 2010
You know people once walked in this town. Old and ill people had a family member that would take them to the doctor. Just cause people are lazy douche bags I have to pay for transport?

Personally I get sick of seeing Ambulances taking people to the doctor for some little test at a few hundred a pop. Lazy family members can't be bothered. Medicaid will get it.

Just print some more money.

Wonder why my money doesn't go very far these days.

Grandma you call an Ambulance for your cholesterol test.
Hammer

Clinton, MS

#5 Feb 5, 2010
I though cash for clunkers was supposed to solve this problem or be part of the solution.

Public Transportation? Give me a break! Laurel's broke., Jatran in Jackson is basically out of the public transportation business as well.

Since: Jan 10

Waynesboro,Ms.

#6 Feb 10, 2010
If there is a way to rip the working class,,you can bet some bum is gonna find it and take advantage of it!!!jmo
And there are more ways now than ever before....:(
DB Cooper

Laurel, MS

#7 Feb 10, 2010
Wonder what we could get for Obama. He's a real clunker. All these Republicans and Tea Partiers are no better. They are just upset they aren't ripping off the money for their friends. Once any of them get in there they forget all about you. Everyone of these people gets caught lying and showing extreme fake outrage. Bunch of clowns.
BOB

Lubbock, TX

#8 Feb 11, 2010
Public transportation is only going to cost the people who have jobs. Im so sick and tired of the silly bullS@#t these lazy A@# people who sit around looking for ways to get something for nothing. Hey I got a great idea LOOK FOR A JOB like the rest of us and stop standing around with your hand out.
Harry Astrick

Laurel, MS

#9 Feb 12, 2010
BOB wrote:
Public transportation is only going to cost the people who have jobs. Im so sick and tired of the silly bullS@#t these lazy A@# people who sit around looking for ways to get something for nothing. Hey I got a great idea LOOK FOR A JOB like the rest of us and stop standing around with your hand out.
You are so right!!! Get a job not a handout
concern citizen

Ocean Springs, MS

#10 Nov 21, 2010
At least provide transportation for the senior citizens who don't have a way to get around to take care of their business.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Laurel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brandon Creel (May '13) 19 hr Lunsford 4
good doctors who are not afraid to prescribe pa... (Jun '10) Apr 29 fozzy2288 61
Debate: Marijuana - Laurel, MS (Aug '10) Apr 28 andre 8
Buffalo wild wings Apr 19 Martha 3
Tina m walton and james turner Apr 7 survivor 6
Review: Asmar Rental Properties (Dec '13) Apr '15 Renter 6
pain doctors Apr '15 nini quontana 1
More from around the web

Laurel People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]