Laurel could get an interim police chief

Laurel could get an interim police chief

There are 3 comments on the Laurel Leader-Call story from Apr 28, 2011, titled Laurel could get an interim police chief. In it, Laurel Leader-Call reports that:

Laurel Police Department Deputy Chief Tyrone Stewart has been proposed to the Laurel City Council for confirmation as Laurel's new interim police chief.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Laurel Leader-Call.

Watchdog

Laurel, MS

#1 May 2, 2011
Is Stewart really the next man in line or just the next Black man in line? There are some that have been down there longer than Stewart has. There are some that would certainly make a lot better chief than he will. But I don't suppose the government officials would consider having a white police chief. What a shame? Don't get the best man for the job, just the best black man available.
sm69ac

United States

#2 May 2, 2011
How is Stewart next in line when with his 19 years experience and the department has people that were hired in the eighties. What's up with that.
sm69ac

Hattiesburg, MS

#3 May 4, 2011
What a deal. What was that deal?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Laurel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Factory Certified Mobile Homes Jul '15 Tami 1
good doctors who are not afraid to prescribe pa... (Jun '10) Jul '15 Dccc 71
Brandon Creel (May '13) Jul '15 Biloxi 6
News Jones County woman dies in hunting accident (Nov '10) Jul '15 Pat Gulcynski 3
News Laurel man found dead on Interstate 59 (Feb '08) Jul '15 Pat Gulcynski 3
find the lucy hole in Soso Jul '15 Ecb 2
Review: Peppers Parties Jul '15 Punkin 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Laurel Mortgages