Fear grips immigrants after Miss. pla...

Fear grips immigrants after Miss. plant raid

There are 369 comments on the The York Daily Record story from Aug 27, 2008, titled Fear grips immigrants after Miss. plant raid. In it, The York Daily Record reports that:

A 27-year-old unidentified Hispanic woman pulls up her pant leg and shows her ankle monitor as she sits inside a church sanctuary in Laurel, Miss., Tuesday afternoon, Aug.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The York Daily Record.

First Prev
of 19
Next Last
uofakron1944

Anderson, IN

#1 Aug 27, 2008
"It was like a horror story. They got handled like they were criminals."
Isn't an illegal by law a criminal... not here legally????
Vern

AOL

#2 Aug 27, 2008
"One worker caught in Monday's sweep at the plant said fellow workers applauded as immigrants were taken into custody".

APPLAUSE, APPLAUSRE!
Americans are tired of all these illegal immigrants.
What the hell did they expect?
Perhaps they should look at Chico California!
illegals go home

Chico, CA

#3 Aug 27, 2008
KUDOS to the employee that called attention to this case. As American tax payers, we are the ones most effected by illegal aliens.

For all of you to afraid to leave your home or send your kids to school, TO BAD.

You and your children steal from us each and everyday you are here. Stay locked behind your closed doors. Keeps you out of our hospitals, our schools and our jobs.

Get the message: WE DON'T WANT YOU HERE!!
Ace

Santa Cruz, CA

#4 Aug 27, 2008
The bigger message here is that all the legal workers cheered and applauded during the raid.
Makes playing by the rules more palatable when the rule-breakers are punished.
Rockon

United States

#5 Aug 27, 2008
I was in Woodland yesterday, thought I drive by an old employer, the Permi Rice Warehouse. They are now flying the Mexican flag.
I would like to know if these employers get special tax credits for hiring people otheran than citizens?
LA MIGRA w TEETH

Anaheim, CA

#6 Aug 27, 2008
"...fellow workers applauded as immigrants were taken into custody".

Re: If you see an illegal alien call ICE 866-347-2423 ... I will call ICE every chance i get. when i find out there is a factory with ...
I am a nurse

Westminster, MD

#7 Aug 27, 2008
illegals go home wrote:
KUDOS to the employee that called attention to this case. As American tax payers, we are the ones most effected by illegal aliens.
For all of you to afraid to leave your home or send your kids to school, TO BAD.
You and your children steal from us each and everyday you are here. Stay locked behind your closed doors. Keeps you out of our hospitals, our schools and our jobs.
Get the message: WE DON'T WANT YOU HERE!!
I am a Registered Nurse, and they are welcome at my hospital. Nothing - not the way I was raised, not the law, not the Bible, not my education as a nurse, nothing!- makes me want to let someone suffer without healthcare.

Speak for yourself (really - please do!), but you don't speak for all of us when you say "WE". You want them to suffer, fine. Not everyone shares your view.
Speak English

Parsippany, NJ

#9 Aug 27, 2008
Rockon wrote:
I was in Woodland yesterday, thought I drive by an old employer, the Permi Rice Warehouse. They are now flying the Mexican flag.
That is sick.
Speak English

Parsippany, NJ

#10 Aug 27, 2008
I am a nurse wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a Registered Nurse, and they are welcome at my hospital. Nothing - not the way I was raised, not the law, not the Bible, not my education as a nurse, nothing!- makes me want to let someone suffer without healthcare.
Speak for yourself (really - please do!), but you don't speak for all of us when you say "WE". You want them to suffer, fine. Not everyone shares your view.
But I, as an American citizen, am denied health care because I have no insurance and told that I have to pay half up front in order to be taken care of. Something is wrong here.
illegals go home

Chico, CA

#12 Aug 27, 2008
I am a nurse wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry nurse, I NEVER said I want them to suffer. Period.

Any suffering that results from there fear of the United States legal system is suffering they brought upon themselves. They made the CHOICE to enter our country illegally, knowing that they might get deported someday.

The true victims here are the American working class. We pay the bills for the anchor babies. Our children endure dumbed-down education, so non-english speaking children of illegals don't get left behind. Hard working people are forced to endure sub-standard wages because illegals will work for next to nothing. Hospitals are over crowded with illegals who have no intention of ever paying the bill themselves.

All this might sit fine with you, but you tell me, who is really suffering?
FrequencyModulat ion

United States

#13 Aug 27, 2008
They should've joined the Union.

No seriously all joking aside the Headline reads…………….
"Fear grips immigrants after Mississippi plant raid"

Well they know they're here illegally and doing so they know what the risk and consequences are, they made their bed and now they have to sleep in it.

Just like when I go to Vegas I know what the risk are when I put my chips on the table and when my chips are taken away as they usually are, I don't go crying foul, I knew the risk before I took it.
realist

Watsonville, CA

#14 Aug 27, 2008
Take pictures. Interview people. If you work in a local place that employs illegal aliens, document what you know. Forward the information to ICE. They react to valid complaints....even in Santa Cruz! Even if Sam Farr doesn't want them to!
Pat Kittle

Santa Cruz, CA

#15 Aug 27, 2008
The caption on this story:

"Fear grips immigrants after Miss. plant raid..."

It could just as easily have said:

"Fear grips Mississippi until illegal alien plant raid..."
Pat Kittle

Santa Cruz, CA

#16 Aug 27, 2008
realist wrote:
Take pictures. Interview people. If you work in a local place that employs illegal aliens, document what you know. Forward the information to ICE. They react to valid complaints....even in Santa Cruz! Even if Sam Farr doesn't want them to!
Wow, ICE actually does respond? It's about time!

I'd like to discuss this with you personally.
Pat Kittle

Santa Cruz, CA

#17 Aug 27, 2008
I am a nurse wrote:
<quoted text>
You take the Hippocratic Oath seriously, and I respect you for that.

However, when illegals come here DELIBERATELY dropping anchor babies all over the place as a cynical, selfish (and untimately self-destructive) means of "taking over" from the despised gringos, we are fools to pretend that isn't a big part of the problem:
"Reconquista" if you don't already know, is an attitude most (not all!) Mexicans have toward "taking over" the US.
http://www.americanpatrol.com/REFERENCE/Quote...

A few direct quotes:

"We have an aging white America.They are not making babies. They are dying. The explosion is in our population... I love it. They are sh----ng in their pants with fear. I love it... we have got to eliminate the gringo, and what I mean by that is if the worst comes to the worst, we have got to kill him."
-- Professor Jose Angel Gutierrez, University of Texas

"We need to avoid a white backlash by using codes understood by Latinos...non-Latinos aren't watching, they aren't raising questions"
-- Fernando Guerra, professor, Loyola Marymount

"... you are like the generals who command armies! We're in a state of war!"
-- Armando Navarro, professor, University of California

"Go back to Boston! Go back to Plymouth Rock, Pilgrims! Get out! We are the future. You are old and tired. Go on. We have beaten you. Leave like beaten rats. You old white people. It is your duty to die.... Through love of having children, we are going to take over."
-- Augustin Cebeda, Brown Berets
Jack

Killeen, TX

#18 Aug 27, 2008
Fear grips immigrants after Miss. plant raid

Tough Sh!t

"nothing!- makes me want to let someone suffer without healthcare."

I am also in healthcare. Imagine not being able to provide these services. Imagine showing up to work one day and finding out you will have to take a substantial paycut or even that the hospital you work for will have to shut its doors due to the millions of dollars eaten by the hospital every year from non-payment by illegals. How would you feel then? Theres many nurses etc. out of jobs or working for a reduced wage all across the nation because of this pandering to illegals. Chew on that awhile.

“Irony, metaphor, film @ eleven”

Since: Feb 08

Old Mesilla/New Las Cruces

#19 Aug 27, 2008
The employers KNOW how to hire LEGAL people.

The ALSO know how to hire ILLEGAL people.

Just because a worker has papers, doesn't make him a better worker that will still get paid the same. Fine the hell out of the employers who hire illegal workers, irregardless of why they are illegal. Get your papers and protect them.

I'm not really sorry these people who snuck into the country illegally are in trouble by the law.

They have worked at not getting legal. They have worked at not being discovered.

They have worked on flying under the radar with their whole families.

They should have worked on getting legal.

They knew this day would come. It came.

My opinion.
realist

Watsonville, CA

#22 Aug 27, 2008
ICE responds to unbiased reports of violation of immigration law. They prefer reports that supply them with the suspicion they need to launch an investigation.

Nothing better than covert digital video and photographs, as well as names and testimony from witnesses they can contact.

There is no reason to let anyone know who you are when gathering it. Let the chips fall where they may. Repatriation is the goal, and the abolishment of this disgraceful human slave class and destruction of our environment, infrastructure and sovereignty.

www.numbersusa.com

www.fairus.org
local

Fremont, CA

#23 Aug 27, 2008
alright santa cruz ,if we can do the same here i could get some work and put some ease on my husband my kids will have a descent xmas .anyone know the number?
I had surgery

United States

#25 Aug 27, 2008
I am a nurse wrote:
<quoted text>
I needed surgery two years ago, not life threatening, but not elective, either.

The surgeon required his money up front. I am uninsured. He was kind enough to cut his fee in half.

The hospital wanted assurances of payment before I even got there. They wanted my license #, my SS#, my mothers maiden name. I own a home. They wanted to know how much $$ I had in the bank. How many cars I owned.

Since I had the surgery, I've been taken to court twice, had my house attached and am harrassed by collection agencies constantly.

Yet, I live in a town overrun with illegal aliens who can't even present ID when they go to the hospital. They get what they need and walk out without ever having to pay a cent, because many give false names and addresses to begin with. Our local hospital lost 4 million dollars last year treating illegal immigrants, yet that same hospital does everything it can to avoid treating uninsured citizens.

It's really wonderful that you don't want anyone to suffer. You sound like a compassionate person. But the truth is that uninsured citizens are suffering and it's really hard to swallow when an illegal alien can get better health care than we can and it doesn't cost them one thin dime.

Since you have a job that provides health insurance, you have no idea what the uninsured go through, or how frustrated they are that people who are here illegally get treated better than they do. There's something really, really wrong here, and if you were standing in my shoes, you might not be feeling quite so compassionate.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 19
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Laurel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Perry Taylor Source: Jones County Sheriff's Office Aug 15 ksmith2184 1
News Pascagoula city attorney who raised ethics conc... Jun '17 not much shrimp 1
Alex Hodge (Aug '08) Mar '17 Reckoning 117
Frank and Martha Jenkins (Oct '16) Mar '17 JDH 2
News Leslie Criss: Mississippi Picnic in Central Par... (Jan '17) Jan '17 Nothing but LGBTQ 4
Danyel (Jan '17) Jan '17 DontgiveaF 1
19 year old girl, trying to get on her feet!!! (Dec '16) Dec '16 Mariko 1

Laurel Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Laurel Mortgages