MS Fair Kiddie Rides not for kiddies!!

MS Fair Kiddie Rides not for kiddies!!

Posted in the Laurel Forum

Mike

Brandon, MS

#1 Oct 23, 2011
The public should know about this. After buying tickets @$20-$25 for the rides, my child was not able to ride any of the kiddie rides because she didn't meet the height requirement. Even if I went on the ride, my child was not permitted. We didn't find this information out until we got to the ride, tickets in hand, by the ride attendant. I would like to know why this information was not given in any of the advertisements or before we purchased our tickets at the fair!!!!!!!!! I didn't see any signs or notices providing this information. Plus we were not able to get our money back for the tickets we purchased and could not use. We talked to many other families that were having the same problem of not being able to ride with their child or getting their money back. I would like an explanation of why this information was not given to the public before hand!!!!!!!!!! I didn't see any information on the South Mississippi Fair web site about this problem. http://www.somissfair.com/smf/rides/rides.asp
Parent

United States

#2 Oct 24, 2011
Mike, if you don't mind me asking. How old are your kids? The reason I ask is that there's not a big variety of rides for kids under the age of 6! Most rides seem tailored for older kids & teens which is a little unfair (no pun intended) since small kids are just as excited about going to the fair as older kids & for a long time I've often wondered why there not a lot of rides for small kids. I understand your frustration because I felt the same way you did when my kids were smaller & can only ride about 4 different rides.
Mike

Ridgeland, MS

#3 Oct 24, 2011
Parent,
My child is 3 and under the 36 inches ride height for the rides. But Wade Shows Inc. policy is that no one under 36 inches can ride a ride even with a parent riding with them. So that means no rides!
I understand their reasoning for the rule.
What I am MAD about is that Wade Shows Inc. did not inform the public of this rule before the fair came to town or posted the information outside the fair entrances so parents could make an informed decision about entering the fair since their child may be under the height requirement.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Laurel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tony Paige Apr 18 Javier 1
News Reports indicate McDaniel running against Wicker Mar '18 Law 18
News Analysis: Hard feelings from 2014 carry into Se... Mar '18 Rod Knox 1
Review: Asmar Rental Properties (Dec '13) Feb '18 Get off your lazy... 10
Review: Dean's Smokehouse (May '11) Dec '17 Disappointed cons... 10
News The Lady in Blue: Capt. Anita Mitchell (Oct '17) Oct '17 ThickBlueLines 27
News Pascagoula city attorney who raised ethics conc... (Jun '17) Sep '17 PKCM 2

Laurel Jobs

Personal Finance

Laurel Mortgages