Wigs by Williams

There are 163 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Mar 23, 2007, titled Wigs by Williams. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

The day a bad relaxer product burned unsightly bald patches into Kym Williams' hair seemed to her at the time to be the end of the world.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Veronica

Bridgewater, NJ

#1 Apr 19, 2007
I am not a celebrity. I'm a average Joeanna who purchased wigs online from Katour Line and my experience was quite the opposite of all the praise represented in your article. They look like cheap wigs...they are too small, and the styles do not look anything like the wig in the advertisement. I could have gone to my local beauty supply store and purchased the same wigs for considerably less. They are just Awful, and I can't exchange them because they said I ordered a custom color. I requested the color the model was wearing on the website. I spent 359.00 for 2 wigs. I am very disappointed and saddened that I threw away 359.00 of my hard earned money.
Tommy V

Brooklyn, NY

#2 Apr 27, 2007
Veronica, I'm sorry about your loss but if it sounds to good to be true it is.
Let the buyer beware.
Deborah Turner

El Cerrito, CA

#3 May 12, 2007
I too purchased a Katour wig and was quite disappointed in the quality. After less than two months, it began to look ratty not to mention it lost its elasticity so it was forever slipping around. Certainly, there is no way their wigs look better than other brands out there like Dena Cali, Motown Tress, and on and on. Not to mention the shipping took forever. Never again.
Natalie

Florence, NJ

#4 Jun 28, 2007
I tried to place an order through Katour Line Wigs. I had to email their customer service to find out where it was because I paid for overnight shipping. I tried to call, couldn't get anyone on the phone. Then they were closed on a Thurs. and not opened on Fridays. Customer Service finally emailed me back saying that they sent me an email telling me the style was out of stock. They really didn't. Thank God anyway because I would have been very disappointed if I had spent the money and got a poor quality wig.
Tonya Atlanta GA

Eddyville, KY

#5 Aug 19, 2007
My experiance Katour Line Wigs was totally different. I have 5 wigs from the collection and I absolutly love them.
Lil TJ

United States

#6 Aug 21, 2007
Katour Line Wigs need to change their website. They make you believe that you are going to receive BLAM BLAM wigs! Instead you receive DRAB DRAB wigs. Save your money and your mind. Don't buy wigs from Katour Wigs. It's false advertising.
CeCe

AOL

#7 Aug 26, 2007
I agree with the other customers here who stated that these wigs are no good. It is very hard to contact customer service. Also these wigs look nothing like the photos on the website. You pay high price for a very poor quality wig. For the record I purchased a Dena Cali wig for under $40.00 and I always get tons of compliments when I wear it. It is a short boy cut wig and I was surprise that the quality was that good for the price. Katour Line Wigs are a BIG WASTE OF MONEY! for a very cheap looking and crafted wig.
Nichole

Centreville, VA

#8 Sep 28, 2007
I am also in agreement with the previous customers. I was so excited to see an online African American wig store because I was tired of giving the Asian owed businesses my money. I paid 95.00 for One wig, which I thought was pricey, but I thought it's probably worth it. NOT, the wig was too small. It did not look like the picture on the site. The shipping to 3 weeks. This is too long.
Nichole

Centreville, VA

#9 Sep 28, 2007
Tonya Atlanta GA wrote:
My experiance Katour Line Wigs was totally different. I have 5 wigs from the collection and I absolutly love them.
Wich stylem did you ordered? How long was your shipping?
Charleston Nurse

Little River, SC

#10 Oct 5, 2007
I discoverd Katour wigs through Hype Hair magazine. It was a cut I was attracted to which was sharp!. I discovered it was a wig. I was really impressed. It was by Katour, however in finding the same wig online, it looked nothing like the one in the magazine. I now ran into this site. Thanks alot for saving me disappointment and money!!
Imani

Summerfield, NC

#12 Dec 4, 2007
I purchased a wig from Katour several weeks ago and never received my product. I contacted Karen Henderson who assured me that she would look into my order. I called today, and all their numbers are disconnected! So I have lost over $200 and have nothing to show for it. BUYER BEWARE!!! This has been such an awful experience!
I plan to contact the better business bureau and the chamber of commerce in that area as well as Essence, Ebony, Black Hair, and all the other places they do advertising because this is just not fair!
Stacy

Boca Raton, FL

#13 Dec 4, 2007
I'm glad I read this site. I also just saw the feature in Essence magazine and actually ordered a wig this morning. I called them a few minutes ago and cancelled. The phones are working now. They weren't this morning. They said they moved offices and the phones got messed up. Whatever! I'm headed to my neighborhood hair store for a Dena Cali and let my hairdresser style it up.
Shes_well_Bread

Albany, NY

#14 Dec 28, 2007
Well I am glad I read these posts as well. Because the way Katour advertises, it'll make you wonder why you waited so long. Oh Boy. I won't be ordering anything form them, even though they look like great pieces (on the website). My hesitation was because I thought they were a little pricey and risky for not being able to return them beyond 48 hours. Thanks again. I'll be getting a Dena Cali (which I've had before) or a Sensationnel, which is a good style and quality wig.
Yvette

Waldwick, NJ

#15 Jan 17, 2008
I was considering buying a wig from Katourline for the last few months but have been hesitant because I've never worn one before. Reading these entries has definitely made me change my mind. Their shipping appears to take too long and their pictures appear to be outdated, blurry and has no specifics about the style i.e. length in inches, etc. I emailed them about a specific style and their response was vague. Thank you guys for preventing my heart from being broken, time and money wasted. Maybe Essence and the rest of the magazines need to rethink who they advertise.
April

Schweinfurt, Germany

#16 Feb 8, 2008
DON"T BUY. I purchased a wig from Katour line wigs and it was not worth the money!! The wig looked cheap and it did not look like the photo at all!! SAVE YOUR MONEY!!
Nicketa

Greenway, VA

#17 Feb 13, 2008
I am surprised by these comments. I have been a customer for years, and I have never had any problems. I've gotten so many compliments and surprised looks( because when asked, "who is your stylist"?; " I say it's a wig."). So, again I am surprised by these comments. I AM A VERY SATISFIED
CUSTOMER.
Miki

Upper Marlboro, MD

#18 Feb 13, 2008
I have had a very positive experience with Katour Line Wigs. The two wigs I ordered arrived within the stated shipping time and they were great quality and cut. For one of the wigs, I've used their cleaning service and my wig was returned fresh and beautifully styled! I highly recommend Katour Line.
nad

Europe

#19 Feb 15, 2008
Im so glad i found this forum because Iv been tryin to order a wig from them for ages being from the uk you think that their online payment form would work but iv been having problems with it for ages. I emailed them loads of time explaining that they have a problem with their site and they still have not fixed. They emailed me back and said i should place an order on the telephone, i don't think the customer service team realise there is a time differnce between the states and the uk and as an security issue who would in their right mind give their personal credit card details over the telephone. What a way to do business!!!....Oh well their missing out on the UK market!!!
Cynthia

United States

#20 Feb 15, 2008
I have received nothing but the best compliments on my wigs. The Katour Line has been a life savor for me, Im pregnant and in the military and it's hard to find a good hairdresser. So I rely on these wigs and thank goodness I do cause if I listen to half of you ladies I'd still would be walking around looking chewed up. It's not hard to follow directions.
Tonya Atlanta GA

Auburn, AL

#21 Feb 15, 2008
Nichole wrote:
<quoted text>
Wich stylem did you ordered? How long was your shipping?
I have one Lace Front wig and the rest of my wigs are from the collections. The Lace Front took longer because it was custom made to fit my head. The other wigs I selected was ship standard shipping. Myself along with some of my family and friends wear Katour Line Wigs. Nothing but positive comments here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Laurel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Who thinks Laurel Village Thrift has gotten gre... (Feb '10) Jul 16 Common sense 25
Laurel, MD - what is it Really Like? (Jun '08) May '17 Robert 114
News Lights, camera, action for filming of pilot for... (Jan '09) Apr '17 John 63
What happen on contee rd last night? (Jun '08) Mar '17 Angeli lowery 13
If anyone knows the kids parents Tracey Armah b... (Jul '16) Feb '17 Gdjwm 3
News Former Md. county executive released from prison (Jan '17) Jan '17 Robert Walton 1
News Trump D.C. Hotel Contractors Say They're Owed M... (Jan '17) Jan '17 This is a Pattern 1

Laurel Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Laurel Mortgages