Neighbor Charged With Poisoning Famil...

Neighbor Charged With Poisoning Family Dog With Anti-Freeze

There are 254 comments on the WUSA Washington, DC story from Feb 8, 2007, titled Neighbor Charged With Poisoning Family Dog With Anti-Freeze. In it, WUSA Washington, DC reports that:

Some people love dogs, some people don't. But can you imagine someone who would poison one -- with anti-freeze? A Laurel man stands charged with animal cruelty in the death of his next door neighbor's dog.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WUSA Washington, DC.

eric hart

Cordova, TN

#156 Jul 7, 2008
Choked Up wrote:
I am not saying I agree with what transpired, but I work with someone whose neighbor has a dog that has barked for the past 2 years (ever since he moved in next door). My associate does not like animals to begin with, and to top it off, the dog barks constantly and ruins his time spent outside as he has to put up with the noise pollution from the barking. So I doubt Ms. Casella's dog was quiet all the time, and I doubt that the pet owner takes into consideration the amount of noise their animal emits. Again, not that I applaud or believe what was done was the correct thing to do, but it could be understandable why this guy did it.
you dumb a** whether or not you're saying you agree doesn't matter you're saying that it's an option to kill a loving (loud or not) animal for the sake of your comfort instead of all the other options like DISCUSSING with your NEIGHBOR for God's sake!!!! why not buy him a bark collar for Christmas, call animal control, police, etc. i hate people like this and i'll spend my own last days dealing with them. but that's nothing compared to what God has in store...
james harris jr

Cordova, TN

#157 Jul 7, 2008
zarzura wrote:
Its strange how 'moral'people get about poisoning dogs that are a nuisance. Is it really immoral to get rid of the thousands of stray dogs that plague oour nights? Is our so called 'conscience' awake only as far as the things we are attached to and posses? What about all the other species which were shot out of extinction? What about cows that are slaughtered by the millions every day? Is our love of hamburgers the surce of ur morality and what makes one form of killing more just than another. Pet lovers, if you were really true would you not have reacted more profoundly about war and the thousands that are kiulled daily. I am afraid that what you call pet love is only superficial sentimentality
are you retarded? i know i gotta be the only one taking this ridiculous comment seriously. what exactly are you doing about war? we're attatched to humans so we're "consiously awake" about it but are you trippin about mosqiutos being killed?
EVEN IF DOGS WERE ONLY PROPERTY, THEN YES, EVEN THEN, IT WOULD STILL BE "SO WRONG" TO DESTROY SOMEONE ELSE'S. IF SOMEONE EVER HARMS ONE OF MY ANIMALS AGAIN, I WILL DESTROY THEM. PERIOD. POINT BLANK.
jeremy spears

Cordova, TN

#158 Jul 7, 2008
Dennis wrote:
I'll bet the sorry piece of shit is a piss poor neighbor that cannot get along with anyone. A person that does what he did to a little defensely animal is capable of anything. I hope they put this sick bastard behind bars for the 3 years preferably in a cell with pit bulls as cellmates. With any luck, he will get what he deserves.
only problem is that pit bulls are the most affectionate of all breeds and would probably love him like anyone else, regardless of the fact that he deserves to rot in hell
Jody B

United States

#159 Jul 9, 2008
Peter wrote:
<quoted text>
OK so what you're saying is, its OK to eat me, a cow and a cow because we're not intelligent but its not OK to eat a dog because according to you he's man's best friend or rather your friend.
Agreed, dogs are lovely creatures and would never allow harm to come their way. But I also feel that as conscientious owners we arev also obligated to ensure that it does not disturb my neighbour's peace.
Although K9 is not part of my diet I do have empathy for societies where K9s have become a food source. There are pockets in this world such as in Greenland, Antartica, many parts of SE Asia, Africa and South America where K9s are part of the food chain(ppl eat them). And to even think that they are any less civil than someone who lives in the US sounds parochial and preachy. Like I said earlier its very relative. Different laws different countries and we have to respect that as much as we disagree with it. But of course I stand corrected.
Just my two bits.
No, I did not say it's not allright to eat dogs because they are more intelligent. What I am saying, is that it's not alright to poison an animal that belongs to another person. I don't have any problem with people feeding themselves as long as they are not destryong property that does not belong to themselves

What if you had a bunch of your precious cows on your property and I got annoyed by their mooing so I came over and poisoned them. Are you saying that would be right? How is that any different from poisoning a mans dog.

I've had goats for pets yet I realise that in MANY places people eat goats. I do not hold that against them. Now, if they came into my yard and poisoned MY goat, that would be different.

I think this whole conversation is moot, because this man did not poison the dog to have something to eat. He poisoned the dog because he was a NASTY SOB with no respect at all for another persons property or happiness.

For whatever reason, he wanted to cause the neighbors misory and that is just how he went about it. He hit them where he knew it would do the most damage.
Peter

Mumbai, India

#160 Jul 12, 2008
^^^^Hmm!! Guess u're right.:)
Jody B

United States

#161 Jul 14, 2008
Peter,

I was glad to read that your dog survived.

There should be harsher penalties for people who commit these sort of crimes.
Citizen

Washington, DC

#162 Jul 14, 2008
Dog owners need to understand that not everyone has or wants a dog. Dog owners need to also be aware especially if you are living in close quarters (condos, apartments, etc.) that dogs need to be bathed regularly, free of fleas, and basically maintained as so not to impose their animals on others. But we now have a society of dog lovers, which is okay, but do not impose your animal on me. My condo building has literally gone to the dogs. I have fleas in my condo and I don't have a dog or a cat. The smell in the hallways and elevators are atrocious and even dog feces is left on the floor when folks have taken their pets out for walks and the owners don't even try to clean it up. This is unacceptable. However, if dogs are barking all hours of the night, keeping folks up that need to go to work, then the owners should be fined. I don't think anyone has the right to harm an animal (unless they are being attacked) though. But if a animal trespasses and is running around unleashed, the owners have no right to complain if something happens to their pets. We have laws. Follow them.
Nick

Escondido, CA

#163 Jul 21, 2008
I have never owned a large dog, nor do I want to. They are loaded weapons that most people do not handle with the safety (LEASH) on at ALL times. Dog's are more of a hazard than a safety. I hear more stories in the news of babies getting eaten by them, then the dog attacking a stranger trying to take the baby. I KNOW more people who's smaller pets were killed, and/or were attacked by dogs than I've READ of dogs attacking intruders. Dog owners are STUPID for forming this magical lie that they are safer with an ANNOYING dog that everyone else in the neighborhood wants dead. It's easier to toss a bottle of antifreeze over the fence than it is to disarm a high tech (and CHEAPER) security system. STUPID FUCKS! I know all of you dumb owners have lost control of your dog at one point and it doesn't bother you because your dog is such a good dog. Do you think poorly of the people who let their dog play with their baby in the backyard, only to have it's neck snapped in a fit of sport? I'm sure they thought their dog was just a big 'ol lovable pooch (even though some have even seen eat smaller animals). FUCKING SCUMBAGS!!!
Jody B

United States

#164 Jul 23, 2008
Nick wrote:
I have never owned a large dog, nor do I want to. They are loaded weapons that most people do not handle with the safety (LEASH) on at ALL times. Dog's are more of a hazard than a safety. I hear more stories in the news of babies getting eaten by them, then the dog attacking a stranger trying to take the baby. I KNOW more people who's smaller pets were killed, and/or were attacked by dogs than I've READ of dogs attacking intruders. Dog owners are STUPID for forming this magical lie that they are safer with an ANNOYING dog that everyone else in the neighborhood wants dead. It's easier to toss a bottle of antifreeze over the fence than it is to disarm a high tech (and CHEAPER) security system. STUPID FUCKS! I know all of you dumb owners have lost control of your dog at one point and it doesn't bother you because your dog is such a good dog. Do you think poorly of the people who let their dog play with their baby in the backyard, only to have it's neck snapped in a fit of sport? I'm sure they thought their dog was just a big 'ol lovable pooch (even though some have even seen eat smaller animals). FUCKING SCUMBAGS!!!
You truly demonstrate just how ignorant you are.

You are probably one of those sick SOBS that has about 12 kids that terrorize your neighborhood.

The world would probably be a better place if a dog DID eat a few of them!
Nette

United States

#165 Jul 27, 2008
Peter wrote:
^^^^Hmm!! Guess u're right.:)
I just wanted to say that I enjoyed reading what you wrote. You are a good writer. It is nice to read what someone writes in a controversial subject matter and you kept your head about the topic and still got your point across. Thank you for sharing!

Enjoy your day!
jill

Baton Rouge, LA

#166 Aug 13, 2008
Blake S wrote:
Kill 'em. Mix it with some sliced up hot dogs and you can't fail. Don't be alarmed when nothing happens right away. It takes about 2 days for them to show anything is wrong.
Hell, I don't even have to bring it to their yard. In my neighborhood, these rednecks let them run loose at night. I can put a bowl out with the trash every week, and like clockwock, the bowl is always clean when I come back to it.
You sleep deprived people will be laughing so hard when those vermin drop dead, you'll feel like those years of barking were almost worth the humor!
- your a pathetic loser, blake. havent you heard that god doesnt forgive those who murder the innocent? im sure you will enjoy being reamed in hell.
jill

Baton Rouge, LA

#167 Aug 13, 2008
My dog Yogi was poisoned with antifreeze by my moms neighbor...he was a cute Pomeranian... he was my baby and my soul mate! He suffered for three days and died in my arms looking at me while i sang to him and told him i was sorry i could save him. i couldnt save him because the neighbor told me it was rat poison..it wasnt. I pray that sick old fart hears the sound of barking dogs for all eternity. P.s the neighbor is a trashy cajun nut job who hates everything...and the dogs only barked at him when he taunted them! Unfortunately, i will never forget that old mans face, and i hate that he took away what i love and theres not a damn thing the police or animal control can do about it. WTF!
Jody B

Arlington, VA

#168 Aug 13, 2008
Sorry to hear about your dog Jill.

The SOB that poisoned him is scum and will no doubt live a lonely miserable life and then burn in hell.
Peter

Mumbai, India

#169 Aug 20, 2008
Thankyou for those kind words Nette.

I don't know about the the rest of you, but I'm an atheist from India and my sense of moralities is more in tune with legislation here. It is my understanding that harming any form of life is ILLEGAL and international convention supports my convictions which gives it a dab of universal appeal.:-)
Jody B

United States

#170 Aug 20, 2008
Peter,

Here, animals are just considererd to be a posession in the eyes of the law. Killing someones cat or dog is treated the same as if you scratched their car.

I kid you not, you would get in more trouble if you painted the n-word or a swastika on somebodys door than you would for killing their pets.

Since you are in India, you may not be aware of the recent story where the police kicked in the door of a mans house and shot the families to labs, one of them nothing more than a puppy right in front of them. This was all over a box of marijuwana that was mailed to the mans house.

I posted this somewhere before, but I would rather have EVERY drug be legal than to have a bunch of ignorant and insane police protecting me from the evil marijuanna plant in this manor.

There are some penalties for animal cruelty, but they are not severe enough. It takes a high profile case which is extream enough to create a public outcry to see anything ever really be done about it.
Peter

Mumbai, India

#171 Aug 22, 2008
JOdy,

I concur with you on that one.

On a lighter vein, I guess the heightened sense of paranoia in them may be explained post 9/11 by some rumour that the weed was probably grown on some highly nitrated patch of soil near Kabul and therefore perceived a genuine cause for alarm, as smoking it may blow up on ppl. LOL!
Jody B

Arlington, VA

#172 Aug 23, 2008
Peter,

You might be on to something there :)
Bre banks

Lewiston, ME

#173 Aug 25, 2008
my neihgbor did the same thing to my dog
Bre banks

Lewiston, ME

#174 Aug 25, 2008
my neighbor did the same thing to my dog
Jody B

Arlington, VA

#175 Aug 26, 2008
Sorry to here that Bre. How did you find out? What was his problem?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Laurel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Corazon Latino Hair Salon (Jan '10) Jan 13 JAE 26
News Lights, camera, action for filming of pilot for... (Jan '09) Jan 3 want to stop him 64
News Confronting the KKK in rural Maryland: June 1971 (Jan '13) Nov '17 Guest 20
News Third teen arrested in fatal shooting in Laurel Nov '17 tony 1
Laurel, MD - what is it Really Like? (Jun '08) Aug '17 Workinman 123 116
Things laurel needs!! Aug '17 198deuce 1
News Maryland officer buys diapers for mother caught... Jul '17 Jaysus Sharia 3

Laurel Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Laurel Mortgages