What's in Store: Laurel

What's in Store: Laurel

There are 2 comments on the The Baltimore Sun story from Apr 22, 2011, titled What's in Store: Laurel. In it, The Baltimore Sun reports that:

Don't let yourself be led by first impressions. Many of the shops in Historic downtown Laurel offer much more than what their names and front windows may indicate.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Baltimore Sun.

“Can't we all get along”

Since: Feb 08

Laurel

#1 Apr 22, 2011
-Pal Jacks.....thats some good pizza, don't let the outside scare you away.

-Laurel Meat Market has that old time feel, makes you feel like they care.

-Olivers(I don't know the new name) is a great place to have a beer, truly a Laurel icon.

-Red Hot and Blue, food, atmosphere it's all there.

-Take a stroll along the river on a warm summers evening

-Not on Main Street but you can't talk about Laurel without talking about Tippy's..er Toucan Taco(old time Laurelites will always call it Tippy's)

Cooks hardware store, The metal patches on the old wood floor were awesome. One of my favorite trips as a kid was to that store, they had everything it seemed, and Pops enjoyed the trip as much as I did.

Woolworths was cool too, all those toys on the upper shelves, I wanted everyone dust covered one of them. Had that lunch counter, and Mom always fed us there, and my sister and I always felt grownup sitting there.

Will there be a main street festival this year?
frank

United States

#2 Apr 22, 2011
Yes there will be. Sat .may7th. Come on out! Unfortunately Pal Jacks lost their lease a few months ago. The restof the places you mentioned are still open. Forget the mall buy local!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Laurel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
If anyone knows the kids parents Tracey Armah b... Jul '16 Michellemarie23 1
Tracey Armah (Oct '15) Jul '16 CheetoPuff 2
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Maryland (... (Oct '10) May '16 American 8
Laurel, MD - what is it Really Like? (Jun '08) Apr '16 Grewupinlaurel 111
News Lights, camera, action for filming of pilot for... (Jan '09) Apr '16 Soulmannn 58
News Laurel Student 'Excited' About Murder Plot Deni... (Feb '16) Feb '16 EMMALE 1
Poll Who thinks Laurel Village Thrift has gotten gre... (Feb '10) Feb '16 Curious 24

Laurel Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Laurel Mortgages