Heat is on to try for singles

Heat is on to try for singles

There are 1 comment on the Chicago Tribune story from Nov 27, 2007, titled Heat is on to try for singles. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Fertility doctors are under pressure to reduce the number of twins produced by in-vitro fertilization because dual births are riskier and costlier than singles.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Lolo

Aurora, IL

#1 Nov 28, 2007
I have 12 year old triplets that are here via ivf....they were full term, completely healthy and I know how lucky I am for it. I realized the risks involved as I believe most candidates do as we researched it extensively before pursuing this treatment. My doctor made sure that my health was intact before transferring 6 viable embryos, with the 3 taking....again that was 12 years ago and there were less regulations at that time. Now I believe that 6 embryo transfers are too many, but I also feel that one is not enough as the person is already experiencing problems conceiving obviously....the medical advancements today are much more condusive to the survival of multiples and twins are not considered all that risky to a healthy mother anymore.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Laurel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dont deal with Solar City whatever you do Mar '17 Tabasco sauce 1
Jack Morris has herpes and hepatitus (Aug '16) Mar '17 Nancy 3
hope you like this judy lachance because i did (Mar '09) Jan '17 Nogood 11
News Sussex could have future role in beach replenis... (Feb '16) Feb '16 fred patrick 1
Matthew banks (Jan '16) Jan '16 Onlythetruth302 1
Review: Adkins & Son Lawn & Garden Equipment (Sep '15) Sep '15 jstrong196 1
News Man drives off in car being towed by repo worker (Oct '08) Aug '15 bummer93 80

Laurel Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Laurel Mortgages