Lauderhill daycare center under inves...

Lauderhill daycare center under investigation after baby hurt

There are 70 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Dec 9, 2008, titled Lauderhill daycare center under investigation after baby hurt. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

The mother of an 8-month-old boy is suing a daycare center after she says he was severely scalded, and police are trying to determine if the case involves neglect.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Come on

Englewood, CO

#1 Dec 9, 2008
Then watch your own baby, my god accidents happen. I am going to sue the newspaper for upsettting me today with all this BS. If this had happened at a friends home would they have sued the firend. Pretty soon will not have any doctors, daycares and schools becasue the minute someone is hurt, I will add minor. We sue!!!
think about her son

West Palm Beach, FL

#2 Dec 9, 2008
The sad fact is that some people don't have the means to stay home with their baby. They have no choice but to work - so bills can get paid - they have to leave their baby in someone else's care. HOWEVER it is not far fetched to expect that your child will be treated with reasonable care. getting burned - no matter how "minor" you may think it is - is negligent & they should have called an ambulance. I think she has every right to sue in this instance.
kcee

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#4 Dec 9, 2008
This is absolute child abuse! Why in Gods name was water hot enough to scald anyone near any baby EVER!!! There is no excuse at all for this to have happened! This idiot daycare owner called second degree burns on this little babies face & head unfortunate! Are you kidding me! What is unfortunate is this careless person was ever allowed to open a daycare in the first place! Now due to her negligence this baby will have to live with scars on his face & head for the rest of his life! I pray the authorities shut this hell hole down.....
lab-rat

Pompano Beach, FL

#6 Dec 9, 2008
Second burnt L'hill baby in a week!
lab-rat

Pompano Beach, FL

#7 Dec 9, 2008
think about her son wrote:
The sad fact is that some people don't have the means to stay home with their baby. They have no choice but to work - so bills can get paid - they have to leave their baby in someone else's care.
IMO, if you run into a temporary situation, it's ok to put your child in a RESPONSIBLE day care until you are back on your feet. That said, if you can't devote your time to your 8 month old child and have to park them in some baby stall, you have no business being a parent.

I swear, I wish there was means testing for parents. This would never have happened if a caring mother was at home with their child. You can never trust some stranger to look after a baby like a mother should.
my2cents

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#8 Dec 9, 2008
My 1 1/2yo son was burned by hot water while being watched by my parents. Accidents do happen, but guess what, my parents advised me to sue them. It wasn't totally their fault. No neglect, no abuse. I do agree that suing is the right choice. Those poor people will have medical bills coming out of you know where.
No Good Sorry Mother

Irving, TX

#9 Dec 9, 2008
For all the readers of this article, you should not have any remorse for this HABITUAL CRIMINAL. The mother is an absolute liar.This mother was out abusing illegal drugs when this incident happened. Can someone PLEASE ask her where was she for 3 hours after the incident happened, when the daycare was trying to contact her. If she would stop leaving heR baby at a differnt persons house 7 days a week, then the baby would have some stability and he would pobably SMILE AGAIN.She is money driven all the way. (Chitia) Porter which is the correct spelling of her name is an unfit mother, that needs to have child services pay her a visit at home. And can someone please give those kids a BATH. They haven't had a bath since there father was locked up. This person doesn't work like me and you, she steals for a living. And she is looking for a hand out. Come on now $15,000 is what she is suing for, that should be a wake up call that she is not very smart, NOR educated.....and you get that for FREE.
Big D

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#10 Dec 9, 2008
dat my baby mommma. she a good woman. she runnd into sum truble a wile a go. she a good momma now. i sho aint given her no muny thats fo shoor
sherina porter

Tallahassee, FL

#12 Dec 9, 2008
it is really sad that you would write a story based on lies. I am the aunt of Robert Porter , i registered the child in the daycare because both parents were in jail. They are career criminials. I dgave authorization for the daycare to take the child to the hospital. This is a family oriented daycare and does a excellent job in taking care of there children.

The mother is trying to get money.......thats it....it is not about the child at all.
minor threat

Ocala, FL

#13 Dec 9, 2008
Where's Fireman's Sis? I'm sure he was involved in this incident too.

Where's Concerned One? Was there an auto vehicle involved?

Where's Hey Middle America? Can't we blame Clinton for this?
WELFARE MOM

Tallahassee, FL

#14 Dec 9, 2008
it looks like the mother is on crack.......She looks like someone burned her....she looks like a sad excuse for a mother...Wow !!!!!!! Why do we allow some people to have kids?
Another welfare mom trying to get paid at someone else expense.....Get a Job!!!! Let's research the mother !!!!
Harley Honda

United States

#15 Dec 9, 2008
both parents in jail - what a surprise! I'm flabbergasted.
Harley Honda

United States

#16 Dec 9, 2008
Hey Chitia Porter - make me a new license plate and make it snappy.
ABOUT THE CHILD

Tallahassee, FL

#17 Dec 9, 2008
IF IT IS REALLY ABOUT THE CHILD WHY NOT PUT THE MONEY IN A TRUST FOUND SO THE CRACK HEAD (MOM) AND THE JAIL BIRD (DAD) DOESNT GET IT......THAT'S SMART......
WHERE WAS SHE FOR 3 HOURS? WOW!!!
DCF NEED TO INVESTIGATE THE MOTHER ALSO!!!! SOMETHING SOUNDS WRONG!!!!
SHE DIDNT SHOW ANY COMPASION FOR THE BABY BUT IT SOUNDED LIKE SHE WAS MADE AT THE DAYCARE!!!!!
WOW!!!! SHE IS MORE WORRIED ABOUT THE 911 CALL
DOESNT SOUND RIGHT

Tallahassee, FL

#18 Dec 9, 2008
The child was in the hospital for 6 days because he had a severe case of pheomnia not because of the burn....Wow !!!!!

The truth will prevail !!!!!

Tallahassee, FL

#19 Dec 9, 2008
kcee wrote:
This is absolute child abuse! Why in Gods name was water hot enough to scald anyone near any baby EVER!!! There is no excuse at all for this to have happened! This idiot daycare owner called second degree burns on this little babies face & head unfortunate! Are you kidding me! What is unfortunate is this careless person was ever allowed to open a daycare in the first place! Now due to her negligence this baby will have to live with scars on his face & head for the rest of his life! I pray the authorities shut this hell hole down.....
if that child has scares it because the mother is at the club insead of applying the baby medicine on his face.....
big boi

Tallahassee, FL

#20 Dec 9, 2008
Tia is Hollywood finest (lol)
Friends

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#21 Dec 9, 2008
It's a shame you people will get on this blog and talk about someone like that if she have a problem work with her not down her.
No Good Sorry Mother

Irving, TX

#22 Dec 9, 2008
If the mother was doing what she was supposed to do...then the baby wouldn't have been in that predicament. Poor excuse for a mother....tell her to stay out of JAIL..... AND GO BACK TO SCHOOL.
Leafblower Alien

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#23 Dec 9, 2008
B.eaners and m.onkeys can't even manage to take care of their own kids. Don't trust them with yours.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lauderhill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 7 min Anne 97,817
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 24 min Nostrilis Waxman 1,346,077
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Earthling-1 57,183
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr Brian_G 310,649
Overpaid Firefighters (Sep '10) Sat Master 491
Are you single and ready to mix & mingle Sat BellaRed 1
Review: Law Offices Of George Castrataro (Feb '15) Fri Brian 215
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lauderhill Mortgages