Elite Financial Solutions Inc.
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Couple in Kentucky

Owingsville, KY

#1 Mar 20, 2010
We are a couple from Kentucky that HAS to do some form of debt settlement. We are trying to avoid bankruptcy and we are considering using a place called Elite Financial Solutions located out of Fort Lauderdale Flordia. The exact located is supposed to be at 6278 North Ferderal HWY Suite 109 Fort Lauderdale, Flordia 33308. We are asking for any and all information we can get about this place. We are very nervous about using a business in a state that we don't reside. In this day and age there are so many scams and scammers it is hard to know when you are dealiing with legitimate businesses and people. We are trying hard to do our leg work before we trust these people with varoius account numbers to our credit cards and our money, but it is proving to be a lot harder we anticipated. What can any of you tell us about Elite Financial Solutions?? Does it even really exist? Can we trust these people? Have any of you or someone you know dealt with Elite Financial Solutions during their debt settlement? Was the end result successful? Please offer us some help and guidance before we trust these people with basically our lives. We have a small 3 year old boy to take care of and we are trying to avoid being scammed and losing everything. Thanks so much!
Why Pay More

Altamonte Springs, FL

#2 Mar 22, 2010
You know what these firms do for you? Exactly what you do for yourself without a fee.

Credit card companies will negociate with the card holder and settle for a one or two payoff figure. So will many other creditors. You just have to communicate with them and hold your ground. They'll try the big bad scare tatics, but in the end they'll take what they can get.

Most of these firms just take your money and make a couple of attempts of getting the debt reducted and then just walk away. Do it yourself.

The only good one is Consumer Credit Counceling, the rest are pretenders
Curious

Dayton, OH

#3 Jun 21, 2010
Couple in Morehead: So What did you decide to do? Did the Elite Financial help you?
Just Say No

Columbia, MO

#4 Sep 9, 2010
They will do nothing for you and keep your money so you end up in even worse shape. Do it yourself or file bankruptcy because these people scam you.
Do not use them

Orlando, FL

#5 Sep 15, 2010
They will only charge you fee upon fee. Negotiate with the creditors yourself. They had a terrible rating with the Better Business Bureau
Spencer

Shingle Springs, CA

#6 Jan 24, 2012
Do NOT deal with Elite Financial Solutions!
You will end up if far worse shape than you currently are.
I dealt with Steve Lane. Absolute scam artist. After questioning him and stating I was not comfortable getting involved with EFS Steve L absolutely lost it.
Was called every name in the book and threatened.
Lizzy

Paramount, CA

#7 Jan 30, 2012
Spencer wrote:
Do NOT deal with Elite Financial Solutions!
You will end up if far worse shape than you currently are.
I dealt with Steve Lane. Absolute scam artist. After questioning him and stating I was not comfortable getting involved with EFS Steve L absolutely lost it.
Was called every name in the book and threatened.
Pleas tell me more, just signed papers with them and now I have this empty feeling in my stomach!! Help!Lizzy
Sue Angell

Nashville, TN

#8 Mar 6, 2012
Lizzy wrote:
<quoted text> Pleas tell me more, just signed papers with them and now I have this empty feeling in my stomach!! Help!Lizzy
It shouldnt be that hard for you to get out of it. I did it myself without the help of a lawyer. First, stop payment of their electronic debit from your account. According to their Termination Statement (line item 9) if you dont pay for 2 consecutive months they will "withdraw from representing Client". Then be sure you file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, on the fact that they do not even begin to assist you until you have "deposited enough to cover your debt". A fact that is not disclosed to you until you get the second set of paperwork. In my case they would not be "assisting" me for 116.5 months. If you have any more questions you can email me at [email protected]
Tanya F

Winston Salem, NC

#9 Oct 16, 2012
I just signed with Elite yesterday and am now starting to worry as well. Can anyone else give me any more information on this company and if they really do help with your debt like they claim they can.
Dustin E

United States

#10 Nov 1, 2012
Was using Elite financial solutions. We had scheduled payment for the 12 every month. Now they have taken payment out on the 1st. Now my account is over drawn. Now all of them in the office wont be there until 12. Now i.m stuck with no money and a three year old to feed. Don't do it. Just say no.
Heather

Minot, ND

#11 Nov 15, 2012
I have signd with Elite Financial a few months ago. They have been really good at responding to my questions, however, these posts have made me very nervous. Does anybody know if the company actually does work? My dept isn't too high; it's $8000. I was falling behind on my payments and the minimum payments were not making my debt decrease. Now reading this, it has made me nervous because I cannot afford the debt to keep increasing.
pissed off

United States

#12 Jan 15, 2013
I have been signed up with elite for over a year. They have over13,000.00 dollars of mine and have done nothing. Now I am being sued by a credit card company. Elite sucks.
Fighter

Jacksonville, FL

#13 Feb 8, 2013
I entered a contract with Elite Financial Solutions on October 2011 and they debited to my account automatically every month. This company did not contact me or else provided an update on what they have been doing with my credit. Then November of last year i pulled out my credit report and this company did absolutely nothing. They have got 3k from me! First thing I did was put a stop payment on their automatic debit in my bank and i went to research about Consumer Protection agencies and file complaints with complete docs against this company. I recieved an email from Boward county consumer protection that certain paragraphs on the contract i signed is prohibited in state of florida. I was advised to proceed filing my complaints with documentations to Office of the General in the state of Florida. Im doing this immediately next week. If anyone in this forum had gone to similar situation that i did, i will like to encourage you to do the same. Im sure this company had screwed many people already. Let us once and for all put a stop on these scumbags in ripping off and taking advantage of people that needed help in the first place.
who cares

Tucker, GA

#14 Mar 14, 2013
Hi! I went with elite about 6 months ago. I'm getting very nervous. I am overwhelmed with creditors calling me. Every time I try to call "Jo" he is blowing me off. What happens when you stop payment? How do you get your money back?
Terry Indiana

Fort Wayne, IN

#15 Mar 20, 2013
They are a big scram: Do not deal with them.
8 Inches Long

Miami, FL

#16 Mar 20, 2013
Rule of thumb: If the company 1) is located in South Florida, 2) has to do with debt settlement, credit repair, loan modifications, or investing in precious metals, and 3) does business completely over the phone, it is BAD NEWS!
Pepper

Grand Forks, ND

#17 Apr 7, 2013
Has anyone had good luck with this company? I am thinking about signing up with them as well.....
Pepper

Grand Forks, ND

#18 Apr 7, 2013
Tanya F wrote:
I just signed with Elite yesterday and am now starting to worry as well. Can anyone else give me any more information on this company and if they really do help with your debt like they claim they can.
Are you still working with them?
Have Faith

Boca Raton, FL

#19 Apr 21, 2013
Anyone who is signed with the company, i suggest you call customer service and get updates on your acccounts. They will send the correct information to the creditors to get them to stop contacting you. They are very nice will help you with anything you need. If you are in debt it is because of your decisions, with the money that they save, you should be praising them, not criticizing.

Just as it didn't take you a month to get into debt, its not going to take a month to get out. Be patient.

Yeah Right

Altamonte Springs, FL

#20 Apr 23, 2013
Have Faith wrote:
Anyone who is signed with the company, i suggest you call customer service and get updates on your acccounts. They will send the correct information to the creditors to get them to stop contacting you. They are very nice will help you with anything you need. If you are in debt it is because of your decisions, with the money that they save, you should be praising them, not criticizing.
Just as it didn't take you a month to get into debt, its not going to take a month to get out. Be patient.
So Faith, how long have ya been working for Elite?

Have you read any of the posts? Why on earth would anyone pay some 'debt counciling' company when they can call their creditors themselves and set up a payment plan? The creditors will press for full payment but if a debtor stands their ground, the creditors will accept a pay plan. And guess what....it's FREE.

Be be afraid of some high pressure phone geek that threatens all this doom and gloom if you don't pay in full in one lump sum. Just send a payment each month until the debt is paid.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lauderdale-by-the-Sea Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 14 min Grey Ghost 1,382,978
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 36 min IB DaIrony Too Funny 59,478
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 hr Truth is might 311,162
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr Ize Found 70,599
News South Florida ports see mixed results in first ... Tue Jayne 1
News Broward prepares another tow truck crackdown to... Tue Jayne 1
News Man shot at Deerfield Beach home identified Tue Jayne 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lauderdale-by-the-Sea Mortgages