Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 20 comments on the Jan 22, 2008, Newsday story titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#290327 Mar 25, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know? Funny, because we've been discussing them for the last day or two. You're assumption that we hadn't thought of them before is just that, an assumption. And it only makes you look like an *ss.
Your usual answer.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#290328 Mar 25, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Your usual answer.
In reply to your usual attempt at deflection.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#290329 Mar 25, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
In reply to your usual attempt at deflection.
Uh huh
Gtown71

United States

#290330 Mar 25, 2013
Bit-O-Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
You DO realise that 'doc' is baiting you, dont you? Its clear he simply wants to see how long he can string you along the same lines. Its not like he's EVER going to concede he's wrong.
Why should he? He's right!
I've done the same thing before, but drop it after a while, becouse the pro choice crowd circles their wagons and protect their pride, even though they know they are wrong. Double standard is how they live.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#290331 Mar 25, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't have kids do you?
It may shock you and many here, but when a woman is married, or has a child, or both, it is no longer all about what the woman wants, or atleast in a sane world.
What about her child? Can they handle it?
Have you read what it does to kids, when their parents are incarcerated?
What's the difference? Atleast one can visit their parents from time to time.
And another difference is, one is employment by the U.S Government and one is not, one brings money home, the other doesn't. Let's not forget that being in the military is employment, and it's an honorable service, respected by many. So yeah there is a huge difference.
What are the circumstances here? Your wife works

Location hidden

#290332 Mar 25, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not about what is best for the child. It is about what the woman wants regardless of how it affects her children. Don't you get it.
You do know his wife works outside the home?

Location hidden

#290333 Mar 25, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Orphans?
Yeah Bit, haven't you heard that the U.S Military sends single moms to the front lines without any consideration of the dependents she has?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#290334 Mar 25, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I am better natured and not so snappish.
ROFLMAO! Is THAT how you think you come across?@@ Get real. You come across as an extremely bitter old harridan, with the top education of a 6th grade dropout who has no life. You're here from morning to night, 7 days a week in the last month or so.

"not so snappish"?? LOLOLOL!! Who DO you think you're kidding Inkstain?

Location hidden

#290335 Mar 25, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah Bit, haven't you heard that the U.S Military sends single moms to the front lines without any consideration of the dependents she has?
Inkstain is a moron. The US Military doesn't allow single parents to enlist. Period.

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/joiningthemili...

Location hidden

#290336 Mar 25, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should he? He's right!
I've done the same thing before, but drop it after a while, becouse the pro choice crowd circles their wagons and protect their pride, even though they know they are wrong. Double standard is how they live.
Gtown, you havent been right about anything here since you started posting, but you HAVE done a lot of lying about it.

Carry on shmuck.
LargeLanguage

Chester, UK

#290337 Mar 25, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO! Is THAT how you think you come across?@@ Get real. You come across as an extremely bitter old harridan, with the top education of a 6th grade dropout who has no life. You're here from morning to night, 7 days a week in the last month or so.
All you do is insult people. But you are a women without a single man, lol, pathetic.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#290338 Mar 25, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Shhheeeeeee's back.
grumpy

Haverstraw, NY

#290339 Mar 25, 2013
LargeLanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you think both genders are equal and have equal rights and none should be specific nurturers, why shouldn't men have a paternity leave?
Absolutely,when men give birth and suckle their offspring.
LargeLanguage

Chester, UK

#290340 Mar 25, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>Absolutely,when men give birth and suckle their offspring.
Exactly, you cannot change role models within a family. But a child also need his dad present to.

A child needs both a mother and a father. Without them, you are left with damaged goods as children.
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#290341 Mar 25, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I am better natured and not so snappish.
I disagree. To me, you come across as a control freak who doesn't know how to let go of other people's reins.

As for military women, they've already got to make provisions before they go overseas. Sometimes kids stay with their dads, sometimes another family member steps up and takes care of the kids (this is usually when mom and dad are stationed at separate posts). And yes, sometimes women die overseas, leaving their husbands and kids behind. They've made provisions for that as well. And most likely, the families are well taken care of insurance-wise.

"The reality is that women have already served in combat in Iraq and Afghanistan. They comprise 15 percent of the 1.4 million active military personnel. More than 280,000 women have been sent to Iraq, Afghanistan or to other war zones; 152 have died and 800 been injured. Enlisted women want payment for their combat duties, and they seek promotions to jobs denied them; some are suing the Pentagon over this issue.

Women join the military for the same reasons as do men. Because of the recession, high unemployment, and the proliferation of part-time and low-wage jobs, they are also subjected to the “economic draft.” This is especially true for women of color, who face worse discrimination and economic inequality. The military recruits them
by promising college educations, job training and benefits."
<SNIP>
"Male soldiers have been serving three and four deployments in war zones. Many suffer from war-related post-traumatic stress disorder and depression. Troop morale is low; suicides are at an all-time high. There is no military draft to replenish the forces. Pentagon and other government officials fear a major revolt among the youth if they try to reinstate it.

Women are needed in combat. This is a major reason for the Pentagon’s new policy."
http://www.workers.org/2013/02/02/women-in-co...

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#290342 Mar 25, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree. To me, you come across as a control freak who doesn't know how to let go of other people's reins.
Oh snap!

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#290343 Mar 25, 2013
Why do you presume both parents are dead?
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you call children of dead parents?
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#290344 Mar 25, 2013
LargeLanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly, you cannot change role models within a family. But a child also need his dad present to.
A child needs both a mother and a father. Without them, you are left with damaged goods as children.
Children need both incomes to do well in life. It's poverty that makes the difference. Divorce is expensive. But in my experience, attorneys aren't too hot on having their clients legally separate (which, imo, is a better solution for doomed relationships).

Don't take my word for it, though. Here's a report, 10yrs old, still relevant though.

http://www.clasp.org/admin/site/publications_...
Gtown71

United States

#290345 Mar 25, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
We send fathers overseas all the time. I guess dads really ARE expendible.
<quoted text>
No, kids suffer whenever the home is disrupted, and I wish there was no one going to war. I just don't know why any woman would want to complicate it.
Men and women fighting together, living together, and more and more problems will happen.
A kid named Jacob worked with my wife a few years ago, and talked of joining the marines. He did, and now he's dead, becouse he was shot by a fellow marine the other night along with a "woman", and then the marine that shot and killed them, shot and killed himself.
This kinda stuff will just get worse. People have a human nature.
War calls for complete concentration, and I realize I come up with things to make people think about reality.
Why are men and women seperated in our prison system?
that's my new thought of the day :)
Gtown71

United States

#290346 Mar 25, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Militant religionist guys like "Gtown" and Tommy obviously have serious issues with equality. They make THAT obvious every time they post.:-)
Ok ocean "who has still not answered my question ",if we are equal, then why not put women and men in the same prisons together?
If men and women can work, fight, together, then why not do time together?
I'm sure there would be no problems there either, right?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lauderdale-by-the-Sea Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min woodtick57 1,221,001
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 12 min Al the Bore Gore 52,903
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 2 hr Anne 97,152
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr TRD 69,716
Review: Wellness Center At Broward General Medi... 23 hr Rose Henderson 2
News Sex was 'vigorous' but always consensual, son o... Sun nice boat 1
the outlaws motorcycle gang in south Florida is... (Feb '11) Sun Chrome 235
More from around the web

Lauderdale-by-the-Sea People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]