QUESTION 1 -- Latrobe, PA

QUESTION 1 -- Latrobe, PA

Posted in the Latrobe Forum

girl scouts

Carlisle, PA

#1 Feb 17, 2013
I was in Latrobe yesterday, and drove from downtown west on Lloyd Avenue to Route 30. I wanted to see the "decorative lamps posts" the have caused such a stir.

QUESTION 1 -- Who are the geniuses who approved the decorative lamp posts without FIRST putting all the above ground utilities underground?

In other words:

Why are the ugly telephone poles still linging Lloyd? one cannot even recognize anything pretty with telephone poles and wires and transformers! Doesn't anyone in Latrobe "think" about anything?
girl scouts

Carlisle, PA

#2 Feb 17, 2013
QUESTION 1a --Why were trees planted -- before -- the utilities were put underground?

There go the trees!

Since: Jan 11

#3 Feb 17, 2013
OMG. How were you NOT consulted? And your vision come so CHEAP.

(The utilities have been been buried and the poles just need to be removed.)
question 1

Carlisle, PA

#4 Feb 17, 2013
Jim Moz wrote:
OMG. How were you NOT consulted? And your vision come so CHEAP.
(The utilities have been been buried and the poles just need to be removed.)
So all those poles are coming down? Why are the wires and transformers still hanging?

Well, MOZ, if all the utilities are underground, and the trees and light posts go on top, that makes sense.

Hey, I give my thoughts away for free. There's not much more to do anymore with Latrobe, other than toss out ideas to the people who are there, and wanting to turn around a dead downtown.

I've driven lately through many small towns in Central PA, and I was aware of those historic lamp posts in those towns -- and none had telephone poles. So, of course, I almost died with I saw Latrobe's lamp posts -- alongside the ugly telephone poles.

Glad you corrected me. Now I can sleep better.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Latrobe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
adelphoi (Dec '16) 1 hr Former Adelphite 8
Can anyone tell me? 2 hr Latrobe Res 1
Weird things at Latrobe Steel?? (Mar '11) 3 hr Latrobe res 132
god 16 hr Set the slaves free 5
Speed 18 hr Latrobe Res 13
Latrobe shop n save 20 hr Customer 4
Fruitcake constable Sun Case 25

Latrobe Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance