#29543 Jul 31, 2012
Mitt certainly couldn't win a majority of votes in his "official" state of residence,(yes, he votes here but lives more in NH and California), and the ONLY state where he actually held elective office.
One-term-only Governor Rob-me was so fearful of running for re-election that he never gave it a second thought, and went on to start running for President in 2006, hoping to be selected as the Republican candidate in 2008. That didn't happen, but that didn't stop Rob-me from continuing to campaign for 4 more years, and winning the Republican nomination by default, since all of the other candidates running against him in that race were either crazy or just too damn stupid, or both.
The scariest thing about former Massachusetts one term Governor Mitt Rob-me is that people think he actually looks like a nice guy who actually would be an acceptable President. The Rob-me/Ryan austerity budget plan would plunge the world into a depression to make 1930's bread lines look﻿ like a picnic.
#29544 Jul 31, 2012
46% Will Be Voting For Lesser of Two Evils This Presidential Election
Tuesday, July 31, 2012
The 2012 presidential race has grown more contentious over the past few months, but voters’ opinions on the choice between President Obama and Mitt Romney haven’t changed.
A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey of Likely U.S. Voters shows that 45% say the choice between Obama and Romney is one they are excited about. Just as many (46%) say they will simply be voting for the lesser of two evils this November.
Questions - Obama Romney Comparison - July 29-30, 2012
National Survey of 1,000 Likely Voters
Conducted July 29-30, 2012
By Rasmussen Reports
1* Do President Obama and Mitt Romney agree on just about everything, agree on most important issues, disagree on most important issues, or disagree on just about everything?
2* Are Barack Obama and Mitt Romney the best two people to be running for President?
3* When looking at a choice between Obama and Romney, is it a choice you are excited about or will you simply be voting for the lesser of two evils?
4* Do you agree with President Obama on just about everything, agree on most important issues, disagree on most important issues, or disagree on just about everything?
5* Do you agree with Mitt Romney on just about everything, agree on most important issues, disagree on most important issues, or disagree on just about everything?
NOTE: Margin of Sampling Error,+/- 3 percentage points with a 95% level of confidence
Obama: 247 - Romney: 191 - Toss-up: 100
Since: Jul 12
#29545 Jul 31, 2012
President Obama only needs 23 and will get them. Dont rasmussen have my state of Oregon as a toss up state? That is funny. Ha ha ha
#29546 Jul 31, 2012
Rasmussen polls are bogus and bias towards Republicans,they dont say how their polling was done.
By mail,phone,interviews,ect ?
Did they poll mostly Reps or Dems?
Did they poll a wide range of age groups?
Did they poll mostly men or women or 50/50?
Did they poll college students?
Did they poll latino people or black people?
The majority of reputable pollsters have all the above broken down.
Rasmussen mostly says "phone interviews" ( cell phones,land phones tin cans and a string?) are conducted ..
#29547 Jul 31, 2012
Rasmussen polls were cited 94 times by Fox News prior to the 2010 midterm elections and over-stated potential Republican votes, according to Nate Silver of the New York Times as reported by Media Matters. Media Matters goes on to say that this should raise suspicion about motivation with respect to Rasmussen polls.
The Rasmussen poll, like the Cato Institute, is seen by some analysts also as a conservative, largely Republican group whose poll questions are set up to solicit, and obtain, conservative opinions.
The discrepancies between Rasmussen Reports polls and those issued by other companies were apparent from virtually the first day that Barack Obama took office. Rasmussen showed Barack Obama’s disapproval rating at 36 percent, for instance, just a week after his inauguration, at a point when no other pollster had that figure higher than 20 percent.
#29548 Jul 31, 2012
"We've created 4.3 million jobs over the past 27 months.
The private sector is doing fine.
Where we're seeing problems is with state and local government.
Often with cuts initiated by governors or mayors who are not getting the kind of help they're accustomed to from the federal government.
"IF Republicans want to be helpful... what they should be thinking about is how do we help state and local governments."
“Kiss my ass”
#29549 Jul 31, 2012
Mitt Romney established universal health coverage in Massachusetts with an individual mandate to buy insurance. But he says he'll overturn an identical system at the federal level.
He also has dismissed the idea of a Medicare-for-all insurance system in the United States. Yet the presumptive Republican nominee-to-be is hailing Israel's healthcare system as a model of efficiency and effectiveness.
And what do you know — Israel has something like a Medicare-for-all system.
Romney praised Israel for spending just 8% of its gross domestic product on healthcare while still remaining a "pretty healthy nation."
"We spend 18% of our GDP on healthcare," he said of the U.S. "Ten percentage points more. That gap, that 10% cost, let me compare that with the size of our military. Our military budget is 4%. Our gap with Israel is 10 points of GDP. We have to find ways, not just to provide healthcare to more people, but to find ways to finally manage our healthcare costs."
So how does Israel do it?
The country created a national healthcare system in 1995, mostly funded through payroll and general tax revenue. The government provides all citizens with health insurance. Everyone is required to have it.
This is just ONE reason why Romney avoids reporters....NYT wanted to ask him about what he thought of Israel's healthcare plan that EVERY MUST HAVE!.....Seems like it works in 37 other countries but according to the GOP it's too expensive for the USA,,,,,the cost of 2 useless unwinnable wars could have paid foir the entire plan...Not to mention Halliburton scamming the tax paters out of BILLIONS! GOP would rather let anyone on Social Security to die early and throw their own sick in the grave. I dont know why Reps hate their own country,it's been like that for years.
#29550 Jul 31, 2012
These so called 'Liberals' are nothing more than booting licking police state and bow down helpless recipient class nanny state promoting gun grabbers.
They want to bow to a central authority and worship collectivism and socialism.
Today's 'Liberals' are not even real liberals, they are trained mind controlled weasel slaves.
#29551 Jul 31, 2012
Business owners, whose job approval rating of the president dropped from 41 percent in the first quarter of 2012 to 35 percent in the second quarter, were the only employment group whose support for the president dipped significantly during the past three months.
The poll found that 59 percent of business owners disapprove of Obama — the highest disapproval rating among all occupations, which also include professional workers, manufacturing workers and transportation workers.
The poll was taken before Obama’s July 13 speech, in which he said,
“If you’ve got a business, you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen.”
“Kiss my ass”
#29552 Jul 31, 2012
Let me guess, you also believe everyone should have the same income… have the same balances in there respective bank accounts…
And no matter how hard you work or how successful you become, you should share all of your earnings with the rest of the people in your utopian, socialistic society.
#29553 Jul 31, 2012
Budget Experts Stumped By Romney’s Plan To Grow Military Spending While Cutting Revenue
Mitt Romney’s pledge to massively increase military spending — close to a $2 trillion increase over the next ten years and boosting the Pentagon’s base budget to 4 percent of GDP — combined with his promises to cuts taxes and reduce the national debt is leaving many national security and defense experts scratching their heads, particularly because the presumptive GOP presidential nominee has not said how he’d pay for it.
A poll of defense budget experts conducted by Defense News finds that Romney’s pledge to grow the defense budget “appears politically impossible, if technically doable.”
Romney would rather build up the already inflated cost of 'war machinery' than to get an affordable healthcare plan in place. Well look at it this way,if a soldier goes to war and dies as oppossed to let the elderly die from lack of affordable healthcare,Romney would rather see the eldery die without healthcare.
#29555 Jul 31, 2012
I'm sure not all workers make the same income in Israel...
but they manage to have a universal healthcare system ( that everyone is mandated to have ) like the other 37 countries do.
#29556 Jul 31, 2012
If you put all of the promises together, it doesn’t all add up. The administration may change, but the math remains the same. If you want to increase spending on defense over the next decade and reduce the deficit, then that necessarily means sharp reductions in Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid or sharp increases in taxes, or some combination of the two.
#29557 Jul 31, 2012
Romney, who has committed to cutting taxes, has already effectively ruled out the possibility of raising taxes to pay for military spending. That leaves unpopular reductions in Medicare , Social Security and other domestic spending to balance the budget in a Romney presidency. But they don’t want to specify those, because they don’t want to lose the senior citizen vote.
#29558 Jul 31, 2012
1001 Reasons to Vote Against Barack Obama
PART 1 OF 2
Kyle Becker July 28, 2012 4:09 pm
1. The man started his presidency off with a bang by botching his oath of office.
2. For good measure, he set the tone for his administration for allowing Chief Justice John Roberts to take the blame for the error.
3. Obama promises on the campaign trail to immediately shut down Guantanamo Bay. The detention facility is open three years later and counting.
4. In the same breath, he promises to restore habeas corpus. Three years into his term, he signs the National Defense Authorization Act, which leaves open the possibility of indefinite detention of American citizens.
5. President Obama ordered the assassination of an American citizen.
6. As Senator, Obama spoke out against but voted for the Patriot Act.
7. As President, he extended it, with an auto-pen, while he was in France.
8. Obama continues the “Bush practice” of extraordinary rendition.
9. As a candidate, Obama promises to end the War in Iraq and bring all troops home within 16 months. He even says in 2007 that it would be the first thing he would do in office, and that “you can take that to the bank.” As president, he announces all troops would be withdrawn by the end of 2011 (34 months later).
10. Obama states the Afghan War would conclude in June 2011, but projections now have us running into 2014.
11. As Senator, Obama opposes the surge in Iraq. He claims that increasing troop levels by 20,000 would actually increase sectarian violence.
12. When pulling troops out of Iraq, Obama tries to claim success for ending the war, without giving credit to Bush or the troops for any “victory.” The Bush surge was what turned the tide in the war.
13. Sectarian violence is up sharply since Obama pulled troops out of Iraq in December 2011.
14. President Obama refuses to say “victory” is necessarily the goal in Afghanistan. Obama reasons the U.S. should not project the image of Emperor Hirohito being forced to sign a treaty of surrender before Macarthur to end the war against Japan.
15. Emperor Hirohito did not sign the treaty of surrender ending the war against Japan. It was his foreign minister Shigemitsu.
16. Obama plans to ease travel restrictions to communist Cuba in 2009. And in 2011.
17. The president pledges a “new beginning” with the Cuban dictatorial regime.
18. A glance at a Cuban-U.S. relations timeline running to December 2011 shows nothing changed.
19. President Obama greets Venezuela’s socialist dictator Hugo Chavez warmly at the Summit of the Americas.
20. Earlier that month, Chavez calls Obama an “ignoramus.”
21. At the same summit, President Obama sits patiently through a 50 minute diatribe against the United States delivered by socialist strongman Daniel Ortega, only scribbling notes instead of walking out with his diplomatic team.
22. President Obama meets a grinning Daniel Ortega at the same summit.
23. When asked later by Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper what he thought of the anti-American tirade, President Obama replies,“It was 50 minutes long. That’s what I thought.”
24. The attempted subversion of the rule of law in Honduras by the socialist president Zelaya, which would have unconstitutionally put him on the ballot for a third term, prompts his judicial removal from office. Obama condemns the supposed “coup” as “not legal.”
25. President Obama directs his Secretary of State Hillary Clinton to cut off $30 million in aid to Honduras.
26. Election fraud propelling anti-Israel Iranian president and saber-rattling madman Mahmoud Ahmadinejad back to power leads to a mass civil uprising. Despite reports of widespread and cruel bloodshed repressing the protests, President Obama says nothing for ten days.
27. President Obama refuses to “intervene” in pro-democratic Iranian protests.
28. Obama’s first call as president is made to the Palestinian Authority’s Fatah leader President Mahmoud Abbas.
#29559 Jul 31, 2012
1001 Reasons to Vote Against Barack Obama
29.Obama’s first formal interview is conducted with Al-Arabiya television.
30. One of President Obama’s first executive orders is to greatly restrict the influence of lobbyists in his administration.
31. Years later, it is well-known that the Obama administration routinely meets with lobbyists off White House grounds, where Secret Service logs are not kept.
32. In 2012, Obama promotes a recent lobbyist with Mexican illegal immigration advocate La Raza from a position as director of intergovernmental affairs to director of the Domestic Policy Council.
33. The second executive order Obama gives is one reversing Bush era rules safeguarding prior administration’s records. It narrows “executive privilege.”
34. Obama invokes executive privilege within the first year over the gatecrasher fiasco.
35. In late 2011, the Obama administration refuses to turn over all communiques relating to the politically seedy financing of bankrupt solar panel company Solyndra.
36. Another early executive order froze pay for White House staffers making over $100,000. A year later 74% of staffers got a pay raise, many of them to well over a $100,000.(Freezing pay does not apply to promotions or position changes.) The average boost was 9%, three times private sector average.
37. The next year, 54% got a raise. The average increase was 8%, and of those who got raises, it was nearly 16%.
38. Barack Obama was declared by presidential historian Michael Beschloss as “probably the smartest guy ever to become president.” Beschloss gushed that Obama’s IQ was “off the charts,” but when pressed by radio host Don Imus, he could not say what Obama’s IQ was.
39. Despite being heralded as a brilliant thinker, Obama still to this day refuses to release his college records.
40. Barack Obama received a degree from prestigious Columbia University, where hardly anybody recalls him attending there.
41. As editor of the Harvard Law Review, Barack Obama anonymously wrote one article – championing abortion.
42. The one quote provided from the article cited by Politico contains a grammatical error –“in to” instead of “into.”
43. A letter to a Harvard newspaper written by Obama shows rampant grammatical errors, including a demonstrable lack of subject-predicate agreement.
44. In Dreams from My Father, Obama makes known that he “chose his friends carefully” and deliberately sought out “Marxist Professors,”“structural feminists,” and discussed with his friends the socialist, anti-colonialist revolutionary Franz Fanon.
The ‘1001 Reasons To Vote Against Barack Obama’ was authored by new IJ Review and Conservative Daily News author, Kyle Becker, and has a documented list of eye-opening facts and observations about President Obama that make less-attentive liberal friends and family squirm.
#29560 Jul 31, 2012
#29561 Jul 31, 2012
after posting as bobby 64 you forgot to put the vs between Mitt/Mutt.
Another mess up by the low life idiot!
I also see you are posting and posting and posting with very little response. Just like I predicted most have decided talking to a fraud is pointless.
Try getting a life and a job!!
Hey loser have you heard Romney is 7 points ahead of Obama with independents in CONNECTICUT!!??
#29562 Jul 31, 2012
Even the Fox News propaganda minister Rupert Murdoch said on a social media network Mitt Romney needs a better campaign team if he wants to defeat President Barack Obama in November.
#29563 Jul 31, 2012
Let me know when Robme leads in the electoral map....
You can check everyday on the site....
Add your comments below
|Greater Latrobe School Board||3 hr||Need a Change||6|
|First Ward bridge||7 hr||Ummm||4|
|Latrobes Bridge||Fri||Shady deals||32|
|City Brewery Drunks||Jun 21||Brewery worker||8|
|New Garage Door Company||Jun 20||USA||7|
|Mark in The Park (Oct '15)||Jun 18||Tony||20|
Find what you want!
Search Latrobe Forum Now
Copyright © 2018 Topix LLC