Airport's Success Grabs Attention

Airport's Success Grabs Attention

There are 3 comments on the Airport Business story from Sep 20, 2012, titled Airport's Success Grabs Attention. In it, Airport Business reports that:

As Arnold Palmer Regional Airport near Latrobe continues to increase flights and passengers, officials at Pittsburgh International Airport are looking at ways to pick up some of that business.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Airport Business.

Pixarfreak

West Newton, PA

#1 Sep 22, 2012
Don't you want to keep this airport our little secret?

Since: Jan 11

#2 Sep 22, 2012
If I were a private pilot, yes. I don't need to wade through a few hundred thousand tourons a year who think that they're flying through LAX.

But if I'm a traveler, more success means more flights to more destinations. Other than the possibility of having to pay parking in the future (oh, the horror), that's a good thing.

Since: Jan 11

#3 Sep 22, 2012
BTW, the most interesting aspect of that article was the mention of the Laurel Valley Expressway being back on the radar. Now,*that* could potentially be big for the Latrobe area.
County officials are looking to expand the airport and have revived plans for the construction of the Laurel Valley Expressway, a road that would link the Pennsylvania Turnpike near New Stanton to the airport.
http://pittsburgh.pahighways.com/expressways/...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Latrobe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
eclipse 4 hr Uncle George 2
Fruitcake constable 6 hr Cherrypieinmyeye 2
Asian Massage at Beatty: Good or bad??? 8 hr Want to Know 3
Nuke the Whole City Sun Wow 8
Another Constable Thread Gone Sat Wow 1
Mountain View Interiors Building Fri Just Curious 15
So MANY RESTLESS HEARTS Aug 18 Guardian Angel 7

Latrobe Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance