Latrobe, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Judged:

Looks like business is booming at LAT I drove by and the parking lot is totally full some cars are parked in the grass and spring hill suites is totally full too! Spring hill is like150 to 180 a night so people are coming in spending
Agree

Latrobe, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Judged:

I wondered to myself when they were going to expand parking? Would it also not be wise to charge even a buck or two per day? I can't imagine anyone using that airport to not go if that was the case The last expansion is obviously quite undersized as I have seen 100+ cars in the grass
SUE

Southview, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Judged:

That's one of the reasons people fly out of here. Free Parking. People drive from a distance just for that reason. Why change a good thing. You don't get many breaks this day and age. Everybody is money hungry.
Idiot

Latrobe, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Pitts charges like 7 a day and you have to walk a mile for the low rate it seems. I am not saying to charge an arm and a leg but if you charge 2 bucks you will eliminate a majority of the parking from the people within a 10 minute drive. I would assume most near would arrange a ride if they were close. I would bet everything in saying that you would not have one customer coming from a distance say well since they are charging 2 bucks to park, I am going to fly out of Pitts now and deal with $7 parking, the long lines, the enormous amount of people, all the extra security because those bastards want to charge me $2 a day. It would not affect the airport business at all.
SUE

Southview, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

True... When you look at it that way...
do not change what works

Greensburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Judged:

Free parking and ease of use is a real draw for anyone locally to use little Latrobe airport.

Don't change what works!

Plus, the benefit of a buck or two, in income, does not out-weigh the cost of collecting that nominal amount, paying taxes on it, etc.

KEEP FREE PARKING!
dan

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

Idiot wrote:
Pitts charges like 7 a day and you have to walk a mile for the low rate it seems. I am not saying to charge an arm and a leg but if you charge 2 bucks you will eliminate a majority of the parking from the people within a 10 minute drive. I would assume most near would arrange a ride if they were close. I would bet everything in saying that you would not have one customer coming from a distance say well since they are charging 2 bucks to park, I am going to fly out of Pitts now and deal with $7 parking, the long lines, the enormous amount of people, all the extra security because those bastards want to charge me $2 a day. It would not affect the airport business at all.
enormous amount of people at PIT?? Are you nuts? Pittsburgh has a small number of flights/passengers for an airport its size. I have been there at 845pm and the place is virtually empty.
WAWA

Latrobe, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

dan wrote:
<quoted text>
enormous amount of people at PIT?? Are you nuts? Pittsburgh has a small number of flights/passengers for an airport its size. I have been there at 845pm and the place is virtually empty.
you must be another moron too. I am guessing you have never had to wait the 20-30 minutes to check in, the additional 20-30 minutes to get through security. I have flown many times from PIT and have had to wait due to how busy it is. At 8:45P.M. it would make sense to be less busy as hardly any flights leave at that time. It is busy all day everyday.
dan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

WAWA wrote:
<quoted text>you must be another moron too. I am guessing you have never had to wait the 20-30 minutes to check in, the additional 20-30 minutes to get through security. I have flown many times from PIT and have had to wait due to how busy it is. At 8:45P.M. it would make sense to be less busy as hardly any flights leave at that time. It is busy all day everyday.
yeah, I'm the moron. It is "busy" because they do not open all the security lines for passenger screening. I can get through a truly busy airport like ORD faster than you can get through PIT. Think a little dick brain.
Connie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

I agree with Dan but not his choice of words!!!!

10 years ago Greater Pit had approximately 530 flights per day. Now it has less than 100.

All E gates (22 gates i believe) were closed and demolished to make room for a luggage sorting building.
Perryopolis

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

I will add something as well. Now they have a security line for first class only, a line for airline crew, a line for families with kids, a line for people with no bags, etc.

So if you are like 96% of the people flying, you are flying coach, you are not crew and you have a carry on bag, the number of security lines for you have dwindled.

8 years or so ago the lines NEVER out the the corridor leading to the parking lots. Now it is like that every morning. So, yes, greater Pitt is "busy" but with so few flights it is not "busy".

Greater Pitt made its bed when the airport authority promised USAir to keep out low cost competitors (a typically dumb Pittsburgh kind of move). So it was OK to protect USAir but screw the local traveler. How many of us know people that would drive 3 hours to Cleveland to catch a cheap southwest flight!

Pittsburgh is a second tier city with a first tier airport. 80 flights a day and it has 83 gates?????? Insanity people!!! Pittsburgh needs an airport with 30 gates.

And now Latrobe airport is stealing flyers! If Latrobe had a once daily flight to Chicago Midway and Atlanta, that would be fantastic.
Pixarfreak

Ambridge, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2012

Judged:

Chicago, Chicago, Chicago!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

16 Users are viewing the Latrobe Forum right now

Search the Latrobe Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 1 hr snag 3,810
What happened at route 30 Taco Bell 12 hr Jagudu 6
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 14 hr More Settled Science 51,184
Should terms of teacher contracts be public ? Tue Hot dog 16
Chappaquiddick Incident Tue Can You Read Me Now 2
Is Chuck's auto a decent foreign car repair shop? (Mar '11) Tue Derryguy 16
old timers league (Apr '12) Tue Blartowsky 9
•••
•••
•••
•••

Latrobe Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••