Joes store is the Tea party head quar...

Joes store is the Tea party head quarters in Unity township.

Posted in the Latrobe Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
common sense

Greensburg, PA

#1 Jan 26, 2013
nutty people own the store and shop their.
Lawason Hghts Res

Latrobe, PA

#2 Jan 26, 2013
When I found this out I stopped buying anything in this store. maybe if more of us did this they would rethink whom they support.
Lawson height hypocrites

Springfield, NJ

#3 Jan 27, 2013
Lawason Hghts Res wrote:
When I found this out I stopped buying anything in this store. maybe if more of us did this they would rethink whom they support.
You classless fool! Isn't your economy-wrecking party all for equality and choice? What if the owners where a gay couple would you boycott the store because of that choice? I for one am not a tea party supporter because of their extreme right views but I will always support local businesses. You might not understand this because of your democratic views but small businesses are the ones that keep small towns like ours going. Go ahead and boycott them and watch yet another small business go down.
common sense

Greensburg, PA

#4 Jan 27, 2013
Lawson height hypocrites wrote:
<quoted text>
You classless fool! Isn't your economy-wrecking party all for equality and choice? What if the owners where a gay couple would you boycott the store because of that choice? I for one am not a tea party supporter because of their extreme right views but I will always support local businesses. You might not understand this because of your democratic views but small businesses are the ones that keep small towns like ours going. Go ahead and boycott them and watch yet another small business go down.
I heard the store is also the campaign head quarters for paul upson a canidate for the school board

Since: Jan 11

#5 Jan 27, 2013
Go ahead and boycott them and watch yet another small business go down.
That's fair. Show your colors with your pocket book. It's just about all anyone understands any more. Small businesses fold every day. If you want to politicize your business and that causes it to fail, you have only yourself to blame.
Blartowski

Pittsburgh, PA

#6 Jan 27, 2013
The store is owned by small business Americans. Support them! Forget about their political affiliation just support them. It's ok that we all have political differences it is our right to have differeces but we have to remember divided we as a country will fall and...we are on our way.
CHICO

Latrobe, PA

#7 Jan 27, 2013
Blartowski wrote:
The store is owned by small business Americans. Support them! Forget about their political affiliation just support them. It's ok that we all have political differences it is our right to have differeces but we have to remember divided we as a country will fall and...we are on our way.
Same goes for the adult bookstore...right?
teatime

Seward, PA

#8 Jan 27, 2013
where is joe's store i would like to buy something and support a like minded person.
Birdie

Latrobe, PA

#9 Jan 27, 2013
At least the store is clean!
Honest, hard-working, owned by people who live here and pay their taxes here! This town is fill of hypocrites!
Why not support home-town businesses!?
Oh, I forgot, small minded individuals will find any reason to boycott businesses they don't patronize in the first place!

I think everyone should own a business! Then you can see what it feels like to:
1). Hear that people are making false accusations about your business
2). Watch your 'friends' support your competitors
3). think all you do is 'open the door and turn on the lights' meanwhile you work 20 hour days!
4). Have sleepless nights worrying about making payroll
5). You took the risk in opening a business and yet the gov't wants you to pay for those who 'aren't as fortunate'!

Yeah, it's a real thrill owning a business!!
Uh oh

Greensburg, PA

#10 Jan 27, 2013
Birdie wrote:
Honest, hard-working, owned by people who live here and pay their taxes here! This town is fill of hypocrites!
Oh, I forgot, small minded individuals will find any reason to boycott businesses they don't patronize in the first place!
3). think all you do is 'open the door and turn on the lights' meanwhile you work 20 hour days!
5). You took the risk in opening a business and yet the gov't wants you to pay for those who 'aren't as fortunate'!
I hope your business does better. Maybe you should let us know what it is so we can support your business. I am all for supporting local business.
Freeman Road

Carlisle, PA

#11 Jan 27, 2013
teatime wrote:
where is joe's store i would like to buy something and support a like minded person.
Freeman Road
Freeman Road

Carlisle, PA

#12 Jan 27, 2013
Birdie wrote:
Everything is cheaper at Wal-Mart. There, you'll save $.11 on your entire purchase!
Uh oh

Greensburg, PA

#13 Jan 27, 2013
Freeman Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything is cheaper at Wal-Mart. There, you'll save $.11 on your entire purchase!
and spend $150.00 when you walked in for something $.99.
Birdie

Latrobe, PA

#14 Jan 27, 2013
Freeman Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that's funny!!

And yet that's the mentality of this town!

I had to laugh last year when a 'group' firmed to save the drive-in! People were commenting about what a shame it is that it's closing.....and how 'we used to go there years ago, as a family....blah, blah, blah'

Well....news flash-the 20.00 bucks you spent there years ago was not sufficient to sustain the drive-in!

I know it's a tough concept, but for businesses to stay THEY NEED SUPPORT! So when your town has nothing but LARGE BOX stores, and you didn't support the 'home grown' businesses, blame YOURSELF!

Wake up Latrobe! Look how well Ligonier businesses do.....what do they do differently? Oh, it's simple - they support their local merchants!

Doesn't take a genius!
Lawson Hght Res

Latrobe, PA

#15 Jan 27, 2013
Blartowski wrote:
That all changed when they started bringing that party stuff right into there business and promoting those views. I for one will not buy there any-longer and I hope others do the same.
Really

Latrobe, PA

#16 Jan 27, 2013
Lawson Hght Res wrote:
<quoted text>
That all changed when they started bringing that party stuff right into there business and promoting those views. I for one will not buy there any-longer and I hope others do the same.
So it's the "think as I think" mentality or I will not like you anymore. You said you used to go there before you supposedly found this out, but now that they don't have the same views you no longer want to go there. Typical liberal BS retaliation!
Freeman Road

Carlisle, PA

#17 Jan 27, 2013
Lawson Hght Res wrote:
<quoted text>
You should go thee and shoot the shit with them. See what they say? Tell them your point of views and why their point of views suck and explain. See if they will stand their ground based on a poster o based on an actually well-thought-out understanding of whatever it is their posters are about.

There's probably -- only one -- thing that they believe, and that's why they hung the poster.

If they tell you that women shouldn't have abortions,-- tell them all the gory details about the thee you've have...lol
tom p

Latrobe, PA

#18 Jan 27, 2013
now that I know this I will go there all the time.
ILB

Cedar Rapids, IA

#19 Jan 28, 2013
Anyone remember who caused the US credit rating to fall last year w/the BS over the Debt Ceiling? Do you know that caused loan interest rates to rise? Do you know who caused those problems?

That's right, the TEA Party. They've done more damage than good.

LOL'ing @ you guys that want to support them. They don't support you.
spineless

Latrobe, PA

#20 Jan 28, 2013
God forbid someone has a different opinion than someone else. Americans are such pussies anymore...if someone doesnt agree they stomp their feet cross their arms, protest, or boycott. It gets worse every freaking day too. We are talking about a convienience store for Christ sake...not like they are going to change anything world or US related....let the people alone!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Latrobe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump 1 hr Uncle George 8
4th Ave neighbors (Jun '16) 16 hr Nobody 8
heroin and narcan 16 hr Coco NUT 10
Burn baby burn! 22 hr Deal with idiots 11
25 year old girl found dead in Dr's home (Sep '12) Fri amapatient2 291
Who is the better dry cleaners ? Esquire or Lees ? Jan 12 Colonial Cleaners 2
wrecked ya are Jan 12 Not Angels 1

Latrobe Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance