Rocky's latest drug bust

Posted in the Latrobe Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
I smell a rat

United States

#1 Jul 25, 2011
So according to Friday's Bulletin, Latrobe police pulled over a car on Depot St with a bunch of herion in it. The police did not disclose the names of the individuals. Why was the article not posted in the news section? Why no mention here? Did someone related to the Latrobe "uppercrust" finally get popped...lol
Gary D

Acme, PA

#2 Jul 25, 2011
Almost all of the time nothing is heard about a bust for a few days or as long as a year. There are good reasons for it. Sometimes it's so the Police can get information on other dealers from the person that was busted. They might work out a deal where the person will agree to set up other dealers for a lesser charge. So they want to keep the bust quiet.

Before you smell rats learn how it works.
Redneck

Latrobe, PA

#3 Jul 25, 2011
All these small time drug busts that never reach the real suppliers is a joke. It's like trying to rid your house of cockroaches using a flyswater.

Big sweep here and big drug bust there...all for the newspapers and putting on a show that should be the preview of a big feature presentation. But the most we get are reruns of the same cartoons and never the big "true story."

Now they've added a dog to the circus. Yooo Rinny! Or is is Scooby Doo
lat

Jeannette, PA

#4 Jul 25, 2011
Redneck, i agree with you to a certain extent but i also feel if they bust enough of the lower level ones and keep at them eventually the higher up suppliers will lose enough of there product that maybe the won't want to take a chance distributing in Latrobe like they do. Maybe with more busts and word spreading that Latrobe doesn't want drugs here and will do what it takes to get rid of them they will take business a little farther away than our back yard.
Redneck

Latrobe, PA

#5 Jul 25, 2011
lat wrote:
Redneck, i agree with you to a certain extent but i also feel if they bust enough of the lower level ones and keep at them eventually the higher up suppliers will lose enough of there product that maybe the won't want to take a chance distributing in Latrobe like they do. Maybe with more busts and word spreading that Latrobe doesn't want drugs here and will do what it takes to get rid of them they will take business a little farther away than our back yard.
How many years has the "war on drugs" been going on? Has the drug problem gotten better or worse in Latrobe and/or the nation? Busting the users isn't the answer, because it doesn't affect the real money makers that drive the system.

The drugs wouldn't be avialable to the extent that they are unless the upper levels of law enforcement allow it.

And here is anothr thing to consider. What if you could eradicate all the illegal drugs from society and keep it away from addicted users. How would you handle the vast numbers that would need detoxed and rehabbed? And if you did get them back to normal, what kind of jobs/income/lifestyle would be available for them. No jobs, no education, no hope to get away from the anxiety that led them to drugs in the first place.

The real forbidden truth is that there is too much money being made, too much control being provided to keep a large and potentially troublesome segment of society down, and the realization that this country cannot afford to eliminate illegal drug use.

But what a game it makes and story it tells to keep the eye off the real ball.

lat

Jeannette, PA

#7 Jul 25, 2011
Reds i know that you think even a little bust isn't worth the time but i feel differently. I look at it that maybe just one person didn't get hooked today because the person he might of bought from got busted. I look at it like one down a million to go. if word gets out that Latrobe isn't drug friendly anymore than business has to move elsewhere and it moves farther from my childs playground, which means that our children don't even have using as a choice to make.

Im not stupid and know it is big business but it doesn't have to be as free as it is here. Believe me my eyes are not closed but i have children and i want to see it cleaned up around here and it has to be one bust at a time.

“Just me!”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#8 Jul 25, 2011
I agree with Lat completly here. I have children and dont want them to ever have to worry about drugs but its all around everywhere you go. so that one little guy who got busted is a plus.

and with the little guys gone who do the dealers have but themselves. so lets stop them now and run them out of town.
PTBAA

Saint Louis, MO

#9 Jul 25, 2011
The war on drugs has been and always will be a 'never-ending' battle. I dont agree with you Redneck when you say that the upper level law enforcement 'allow' this to continue. It continues because there are always three dealers to take one dealers place when he goes down. As long as there is easy money to be made...someone is willing to do the job. Its too 'big' and moves to fast for the police to handle. I don think they will ever get a handle on it.
Redneck

Greensburg, PA

#10 Jul 25, 2011
PTBAA wrote:
The war on drugs has been and always will be a 'never-ending' battle. I dont agree with you Redneck when you say that the upper level law enforcement 'allow' this to continue. It continues because there are always three dealers to take one dealers place when he goes down. As long as there is easy money to be made...someone is willing to do the job. Its too 'big' and moves to fast for the police to handle. I don think they will ever get a handle on it.
You could be right. My views are usually jaundiced more than rose-colored. But I always think of an anology Whoppie Goldberg made about the availability of illegal drugs. It went something like this:

How can it be so hard to buy one Cuban cigar in this country but illegal drugs make it over the border daily in tractor trailer loads.

It does make one wonder.
rosebuddy

United States

#11 Jul 25, 2011
We have to continue to chip away at the drug problem, selling and using otherwise we will have a bigger problem down the road. Officer Rocky is making a big dent in what's in the present, word will get around and hopefully deter from selling in Latrobe. Rocky will hunt you down!...!
JoeK

Acme, PA

#12 Jul 25, 2011
Actually Cuban cigars aren't all that difficult to buy. There's a black market for them also.

I know a guy that knows a guy that knows this guy that sells them. They aren't all they're cracked up to be in my opinion but if they were they would be even easier to buy.

People like drugs, face it. If people didn't there wouldn't be a "problem".

I will agree with Redneck somewhat. Drugs are not only big business for the people making and selling them but also for law enforcement and the government as long as it's illegal.
What your saying

Youngwood, PA

#13 Jul 25, 2011
Redneck wrote:
<quoted text>
How many years has the "war on drugs" been going on? Has the drug problem gotten better or worse in Latrobe and/or the nation? Busting the users isn't the answer, because it doesn't affect the real money makers that drive the system.
The drugs wouldn't be avialable to the extent that they are unless the upper levels of law enforcement allow it.
And here is anothr thing to consider. What if you could eradicate all the illegal drugs from society and keep it away from addicted users. How would you handle the vast numbers that would need detoxed and rehabbed? And if you did get them back to normal, what kind of jobs/income/lifestyle would be available for them. No jobs, no education, no hope to get away from the anxiety that led them to drugs in the first place.
The real forbidden truth is that there is too much money being made, too much control being provided to keep a large and potentially troublesome segment of society down, and the realization that this country cannot afford to eliminate illegal drug use.
But what a game it makes and story it tells to keep the eye off the real ball.
So we should completely abandon the war on drugs and give free reign to the cartels and dealers?
What your saying

Youngwood, PA

#14 Jul 25, 2011
JoeK wrote:
Actually Cuban cigars aren't all that difficult to buy. There's a black market for them also.
I know a guy that knows a guy that knows this guy that sells them. They aren't all they're cracked up to be in my opinion but if they were they would be even easier to buy.
People like drugs, face it. If people didn't there wouldn't be a "problem".
I will agree with Redneck somewhat. Drugs are not only big business for the people making and selling them but also for law enforcement and the government as long as it's illegal.
So if I got this straight you are staying inside the box on this one and looking at drugs in of themselves. Your not looking at the fact that illegal drugs create a multitude of other problems. For example, theft, murder, robbery etc., not to mention the drain on society as a whole with most addicts not working and living off of welfare and other government assistance. Think outside the box! Police will never win the war on theft, yet they are still there everyday fighting that war. For every crime there is a war on. Police will NEVER win any of these wars. But they are still faught for 1 simple reason, to protect the public!

By the way, way to go Rocky! Keep up the good work! There is definitely more support for you than there is opposition!
Question

Youngwood, PA

#15 Jul 25, 2011
Redneck wrote:
All these small time drug busts that never reach the real suppliers is a joke. It's like trying to rid your house of cockroaches using a flyswater.
Big sweep here and big drug bust there...all for the newspapers and putting on a show that should be the preview of a big feature presentation. But the most we get are reruns of the same cartoons and never the big "true story."
Now they've added a dog to the circus. Yooo Rinny! Or is is Scooby Doo
Do you even know how much heroin that actually was that they found? If I counted right in the paper it was a total of 152 packets. That was not a small amount by any means. By the way, how do you think the police work their way up to the larger suppliers? Rinny, Scooby Doo, that's so cute! If you would have read the papers and actually spoken with the dogs handler you would know that Rocky is used in many different situations and not just drugs. It's a shame that people are always quick to judge before they have all of the information!
Redneck

Greensburg, PA

#16 Jul 25, 2011
IMHO the illegal drug market is too big to control as a criminal process. If drugs are here because there is that big of a demand, then society is setting a new ethical standard regarding drug use. And like any change whose time has come, no army can prevent it from happening. But there is a lot of money being made because of its illegality. It's not expensive to grow or process. And it is already a lot easier to get than a Cuban Cigar.

Drug control will happen only if they are legalized and sold through licensed outlets like liquor is in PA and pharmaceuticals everywhere. The "problem" has gotten way too out of control because people in authority are making a lot of money and its use occurs in all circles of society.

It's not my cup of tea, but it's becoming my problem because of those who sell and abuse it and have no regard for others. That goes way up the ladder beyond the lowlife street seller.
What your saying

Youngwood, PA

#17 Jul 25, 2011
Redneck wrote:
IMHO the illegal drug market is too big to control as a criminal process. If drugs are here because there is that big of a demand, then society is setting a new ethical standard regarding drug use. And like any change whose time has come, no army can prevent it from happening. But there is a lot of money being made because of its illegality. It's not expensive to grow or process. And it is already a lot easier to get than a Cuban Cigar.
Drug control will happen only if they are legalized and sold through licensed outlets like liquor is in PA and pharmaceuticals everywhere. The "problem" has gotten way too out of control because people in authority are making a lot of money and its use occurs in all circles of society.
It's not my cup of tea, but it's becoming my problem because of those who sell and abuse it and have no regard for others. That goes way up the ladder beyond the lowlife street seller.
So the "lowlife street seller" has regard for others? It's the lowlife street seller and addicts that are causing the most problems in society. Yes, it would be much better to get the "big guy" but it is not an easy thing to do. As for selling drugs legally. Do you think that the people who can't afford it now and steal to buy it aren't going to do the same thing if it were legal to buy? I got news for ya, nothing would change!
Redneck

Latrobe, PA

#18 Jul 25, 2011
What your saying wrote:
<quoted text>
So the "lowlife street seller" has regard for others? It's the lowlife street seller and addicts that are causing the most problems in society. Yes, it would be much better to get the "big guy" but it is not an easy thing to do. As for selling drugs legally. Do you think that the people who can't afford it now and steal to buy it aren't going to do the same thing if it were legal to buy? I got news for ya, nothing would change!
Then what you are saying is that the dog and pony show that is now going on is working to curb illegal drug abuse and trafficking. Ever wonder who the really big guy is and why it isn't an easy thing to get him?

And how many times do the same lowlife street sellers get back out on the street after an arrest? How's that working for ya? We don't have the prison capacity to keep these types locked up, so out the door they go for more fun and games.

And if expense is the problem, then just give them dope stamps along with the food stamps. Maybe they'll actually use the food stamps to buy food and eat a good meal. Or maybe they'll overdose and save eveyone including themselves a lot of effort and grief.

And if that doesn't work...put them on hunting licenses as a new no limit/no closed season game animal.
Mcdonalds Coffee

Greensburg, PA

#19 Jul 25, 2011
Without officer derk at the reigns, rocky would be sniffing fire hydrants. Kudos to Latrobe's finest.
Bumper Man

Latrobe, PA

#20 Jul 25, 2011
Here's the rub, once you legalize drugs. They become a health problem. As long as drugs are illegal they are a crime problem. The Local Police, the FBI, the DEA, the courts and the government have a vested interest in keeping it a crime problem.

Government loves two things, money & power. They continue to pour billions of our tax dollars down the drain to fight the "drug war". More laws are passed to fight the "drug war". Every law passed is just another loss of our freedom, every dollar spent goes for more tools to fight the war.(Ever wonder where all the money for those swat teams comes from)

It is a war that cannot be won, and should not be fought. If a person wants to waste his life away, It is a personal choice. Something we in America used to allow and respect.
lat

Jeannette, PA

#21 Jul 25, 2011
Bumper Man wrote:
Here's the rub, once you legalize drugs. They become a health problem. As long as drugs are illegal they are a crime problem. The Local Police, the FBI, the DEA, the courts and the government have a vested interest in keeping it a crime problem.
Government loves two things, money & power. They continue to pour billions of our tax dollars down the drain to fight the "drug war". More laws are passed to fight the "drug war". Every law passed is just another loss of our freedom, every dollar spent goes for more tools to fight the war.(Ever wonder where all the money for those swat teams comes from)
It is a war that cannot be won, and should not be fought. If a person wants to waste his life away, It is a personal choice. Something we in America used to allow and respect.
I really don't have a problem with people that do drugs. My thoughts are to each his own. My problem is the thefts/robberies that some commit to afford the drugs and the innocent people that get hurt in the process. It's because of this that the "war on drugs" has to continue.

i really don't know what the answer is to this problem i just know that while i have children i would like to not see the drug traffic going thru Latrobe. If rocky can help with that then great.

I do agree with you all that it is big business the whole way around. Too big to ever go away or be stopped completely

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Latrobe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Paps restaurant and sports bar 3 hr Local 37
Any shops in latrobe/gbg for shoe shine/repair? 4 hr Ranman 3
The district with the highest absenteeism is De... 7 hr getalife 17
Bilik vs. Hammers for district judge Fri taxpayer 11
od Fri fact 26
George Robinson is a sexual predator Apr 23 Victim 2
New building beside Sharkeys (Oct '14) Apr 22 bbb 12
More from around the web

Latrobe People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]