25 year old girl found dead in Dr's home
LOL

Greensburg, PA

#166 Feb 19, 2013
peanut you too wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but I don't think the stone hisotrical house is it. There was room to park a car in front of the house I am refering to. I've always looked at that stone house to see if a car could park in front of it. And, that stone house seems to sit too high up. It's been perplexing over the years...
He was gross...so unhealthy looking. I never could see why those girls liked him -- except for the drugs.
We can,t account for anyones taste. Now the houses I am confused the historical house was the original start of the hospital by the Old men dr.Bob and dr. Howard. Then you Hospital main and the brick house Dr Bill used for his office. On the other side after the car lot you have a wood framehouse, the building shell and another brick behind that Key Care used. However when they built that shell they tore down 2 houses I am unable to recall what they were like---must be a loss of brain cells. How does that happen?
LOL

Greensburg, PA

#167 Feb 19, 2013
peanut you too wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but I don't think the stone hisotrical house is it. There was room to park a car in front of the house I am refering to. I've always looked at that stone house to see if a car could park in front of it. And, that stone house seems to sit too high up. It's been perplexing over the years...
He was gross...so unhealthy looking. I never could see why those girls liked him -- except for the drugs.
The Lights came on there was a cap cod style stone house across from the hospital entrance with a semicircle drive around the front before they built the never finished shell.But idk. As for looks everyone was greasy back then, for me personally its all about arrogance and attitude,who can resist the sauve smarmmy charm.
peanut you too

Carlisle, PA

#168 Feb 19, 2013
LOL wrote:
As for looks everyone was greasy back then, for me personally its all about arrogance and attitude,who can resist the sauve smarmmy charm.
Girls and women who have some brains?

I'm kinda thinking there was a porch that faced Route 30. It was just a short hop from the car to the porch to the old empty house.

I've always looked at that house the has a nail salon or something now, and known that that was not the house. It makes sense if there were two other houses that were torn down. But it was on the north side of 30, not the south side.
Monsour History

Carlisle, PA

#169 Feb 19, 2013
What's the hisotry of the Monsour family, the medical empire that went belly up?

LOL, you mention Bill, Bob, and Howard, I guess they were are brothers, but I really don't know the rise to fortune Monsour story...

First of all, what ethnicity is Monsour? Is that a Syrian, Jordanian name?

Was the rake's grandfather a MD too?

Where did the money for the father's/uncle's MD educations come fron?

How did three brothers build a hospital?

I don't remember if Boonie had siblings. What did they end up with as careers?

Why did the Monsour medical empire (yea, big Westmoreland County death trap), go belly up?

-----What's ashame is that there are very poor people and homeless people and that hospital building couuld have been QUICKLY renovated to be interim housing for the homeless and indigent of the county.
cup

Pittsburgh, PA

#170 Feb 20, 2013
@ GLI:
Interesting. And fair enough, what you said makes sense. Have a great day!
Shovelhead

Youngstown, OH

#171 Feb 21, 2013
GOTTA LOVE IT wrote:
<quoted text> A LITTLE NEBBY WITH A PERSONAL QUESTION LIKE THAT AREN'T WE? I THOUGHT THE REASON WE USED THIS FORMAT WAS TO REMAIN UNIDENTIFED. FRIEND, FOE, OR SOMEONE WHO WANTS TO LOOK AT ALL ANGLES? GET THE PRESPECTIVE OF ALL THE OPEN MINDED PEOPLE IN OUR COMMUNITY WHO HAVE OR ARE OR WILL BE SLEEPING WITH THE DOCTOR? LOL.
Ha,ha. You said "Nebby" that's funny. Such a yinzer term. But the truth is, we're all Nebby. Nothing but a bunch of Neb-Sh!ts! There, I can use yinzer phraseology too! Yes, there are many overdoses occurring every day in Western Pa so why all the intrigue in this one? Because the media put a face on this one. And a story. They humanized it. And we as humans could sympathize and speculate. We'd like to know as much as we can! There is no doubt, some posters here have more inside info than others. Some testimonies have pretty much painted this guy a a scum bag. I think it's safe to say he is a low life. Using his influence and drugs to snare young women. MAYBE not a lawbreaker but one who lacks the slightest bit of an ethical conscience. His effects on the lives of some women have obviously been dire. People are free to make their own choices but they must own the consequences. If just one young woman (or man) reads this crap and as a result becomes more cautious with their decision making, then, maybe the untimely death of a vibrant young woman and all the debate thereafter will not be in vain.
GOTTA LOVE IT

Greensburg, PA

#172 Feb 21, 2013
Shovelhead wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha,ha. You said "Nebby" that's funny. Such a yinzer term. But the truth is, we're all Nebby. Nothing but a bunch of Neb-Sh!ts! There, I can use yinzer phraseology too! Yes, there are many overdoses occurring every day in Western Pa so why all the intrigue in this one? Because the media put a face on this one. And a story. They humanized it. And we as humans could sympathize and speculate. We'd like to know as much as we can! There is no doubt, some posters here have more inside info than others. Some testimonies have pretty much painted this guy a a scum bag. I think it's safe to say he is a low life. Using his influence and drugs to snare young women. MAYBE not a lawbreaker but one who lacks the slightest bit of an ethical conscience. His effects on the lives of some women have obviously been dire. People are free to make their own choices but they must own the consequences. If just one young woman (or man) reads this crap and as a result becomes more cautious with their decision making, then, maybe the untimely death of a vibrant young woman and all the debate thereafter will not be in vain.
WELL IM GLAD I HAVE THE RIGHT VENACULAR FOR THIS COMMUNITY. I DO BELIEVE YOU ARE CORRECT IN YOUR THINKING REGARDING ETHICAL CHOICES. IF ONLY ONE PERSON IS MORE CAUTIOUS ABOUT THERE CHOICES IT WILL BE A GOOD THING. THE ONLY QUESTION IS IF SO MANY PEOPLE KNEW HE WAS SUCH A LOW LIFE WHY DIDNT THE REST OF THE AREA UNIL NOW. THERE IS SCUTTLEBUTT IN THE HEIRARCHY OF THIS COMMUNITY WASNT HE ALIENATED FROM THE COUNRTY CLUBS AND SUCH.
lol

Greensburg, PA

#173 Feb 25, 2013
Monsour History wrote:
What's the hisotry of the Monsour family, the medical empire that went belly up?
LOL, you mention Bill, Bob, and Howard, I guess they were are brothers, but I really don't know the rise to fortune Monsour story... The old men Dr. Howard and Dr Bob started the hospital in the mid 50's. Then Dr. Roy and Dr. Bill joined in as they finished medical school.
First of all, what ethnicity is Monsour? Is that a Syrian, Jordanian name? Sryian
Was the rake's grandfather a MD too? Micheal and Eva Monsour were sryian immigrants who sold rags and grocerices from a horse drawn cart in Jeannette.
Where did the money for the father's/uncle's MD educations come fron? Who knows everyone at that time worked a little harder and didnt recieve handouts.
How did three brothers build a hospital? By practicing the art of medicine. In the beginning the old house was the original sturcture then added the 2 story building followed by the tower in the seventies, with the er and or additions including the helipad and the unfinished building across the road in the eighties.
I don't remember if Boonie had siblings. What did they end up with as careers? Siblings need not be included in boons discussion
Why did the Monsour medical empire (yea, big Westmoreland County death trap), go belly up? In its hayday the Monsour Medical Center was a progressive forward thinking facility. Some of the Excela Health MDs that you all currently see and respect recieved there start at MMC. MMC was a teaching for residents, nurses, and a rediolgy school. Many people who worked there recieved a education like no other, and have gone on to careers that are ground breaking in the feild of medicine.
-----What's ashame is that there are very poor people and homeless people and that hospital building couuld have been QUICKLY renovated to be interim housing for the homeless and indigent of the county. The legal and finicial quagmire that became of the hospital is tragic. so much debt, irs, muncipal and state tax leins and unpaid bond issues have left it to be the eye sore it is. During the 50 year run of the MMC jeannette and many surrounding communities benefited from free medical services the hospital and its community offices provided. If you can find one there is a retrospective of the MMC that is the basis for the Excela Health current health care model.
MMC
lol

Greensburg, PA

#174 Feb 25, 2013
lol wrote:
<quoted text> MMC
Sorry answered right next to the questions on the previous. I did realize it wouldnt space out until after I posted.
made me chuckle too

Carlisle, PA

#175 Feb 25, 2013
lol wrote:
<quoted text> Sorry answered right next to the questions on the previous. I did realize it wouldnt space out until after I posted.
So what made you chuckle about the Monsour family history post?

I just like death trap, in general, to describe most of Westmoreland County medical facitlies? and you?
lol

Greensburg, PA

#176 Feb 25, 2013
That is basically it, please remember that some/many of highly rated Excela MDs were trained at Monsour Medical Center, but the only ones you have to worry about are the doc's over 50. I would like to read the book-if someone were to write the story of the center and the family. It would be a hell of a story about how the tower turned.
lol

Greensburg, PA

#177 Feb 25, 2013
MMC= MONSOUR MEDICAL CENTER. But I like the made me chuckle. There are so many stories, from the time the hospital started until it closed. Some good,bad, ugly ,indifferent it doesnt matter now. Someone just needs to get them written before everyone that was part of them are dead. It would be like the Help on steroids. You wouldn't want to put the train wreck down
made me chuckle too

Carlisle, PA

#178 Feb 25, 2013
lol wrote:
MMC= MONSOUR MEDICAL CENTER. But I like the made me chuckle. There are so many stories, from the time the hospital started until it closed. Some good,bad, ugly ,indifferent it doesnt matter now. Someone just needs to get them written before everyone that was part of them are dead. It would be like the Help on steroids. You wouldn't want to put the train wreck down
I just saw your response embedded at the end of my original post. You would type out your response, so everyone can read it. Otherwise, MMC, made me chuckle, only makes sense.

Seriously, where did the money come from that the three brothers used to build their empire? While some families will produce three MDs or three lawyers, it's pretty hard without a large chunk of change coming from somewhere, for the siblings to build a self-determined hospital.

The dead girl in Boonie's bed makes quite a later chapter in the train wreck, doesn't it?
lol

Greensburg, PA

#179 Feb 25, 2013
I guess I should answer unembedded but not sure want to I really dont even think Boon incident is a whole chapter. The money I really dont know were it would have come from but Mama[Eva], raised 4 boys that where devout mommies' boys til the day she passed. There was nothing greater than grown men,brought to there knees by one women--their mama--telling them they dissapointed her. However, then they took it out on the rest of the world. I look back and see so much good that the Monsour Community/Family did-- people will never believe/comprehend-all they know is the bad. I do have to tell you all that many people know and will not discuss the generosity that was extolled.Today we call it pay it forward, back then it was called the right thing to do. So as we hear about Boon's trageic drama, incident, whatever you want to call it, remember there is good in all of us that is shared with God and those who received grace. The world will not know all the quiet generosities that each Monsour and their offspring have done. They dont need that,they are famila and always will be.
made me chuckle too

Carlisle, PA

#180 Feb 25, 2013
lol wrote:
I guess I should answer unembedded but not sure want to I really dont even think Boon incident is a whole chapter. The money I really dont know were it would have come from but Mama[Eva], raised 4 boys that where devout mommies' boys til the day she passed. There was nothing greater than grown men,brought to there knees by one women--their mama--telling them they dissapointed her. However, then they took it out on the rest of the world. I look back and see so much good that the Monsour Community/Family did-- people will never believe/comprehend-all they know is the bad. I do have to tell you all that many people know and will not discuss the generosity that was extolled.Today we call it pay it forward, back then it was called the right thing to do. So as we hear about Boon's trageic drama, incident, whatever you want to call it, remember there is good in all of us that is shared with God and those who received grace. The world will not know all the quiet generosities that each Monsour and their offspring have done. They dont need that,they are famila and always will be.
WAs Eva Bonnie's mother or his grandmother?

If the grandmother brought her four sons to their knees and they took it out on the rest of the world, that makes Boonie the heir to a f-cked up dysfunctional family thinking.

You are right that almost all people have good and bad in them. For some the range between ends is great. For others who don't venture out too much from their upbringing or their comfort zones, the range is small from good to bad.

When I grew up in Latrobe, in my teens, no one ever talked a bout using Monsour Hospital, since it was so far away, and even then, I remember there was a disdain for its services.
lol

Greensburg, PA

#181 Feb 25, 2013
made me chuckle too wrote:
<quoted text>
WAs Eva Bonnie's mother or his grandmother?
If the grandmother brought her four sons to their knees and they took it out on the rest of the world, that makes Boonie the heir to a f-cked up dysfunctional family thinking.
You are right that almost all people have good and bad in them. For some the range between ends is great. For others who don't venture out too much from their upbringing or their comfort zones, the range is small from good to bad.
When I grew up in Latrobe, in my teens, no one ever talked a bout using Monsour Hospital, since it was so far away, and even then, I remember there was a disdain for its services.
There is a great history to be learned from the Monsour's, Mama was Boon's grandma and dysfunction rose from the old school. Some learned and got out others are staying true to the dysfunction. The negativity about the hospital started with a fued between old man Dr. Bill and Richard Scaif in ligonier, no immigrants were going to move in next to him[scaif]. Well let the vendettas begin. History repeats.
made me chuckle too

Carlisle, PA

#182 Feb 26, 2013
lol wrote:
<quoted text> There is a great history to be learned from the Monsour's, Mama was Boon's grandma and dysfunction rose from the old school. Some learned and got out others are staying true to the dysfunction. The negativity about the hospital started with a fued between old man Dr. Bill and Richard Scaif in ligonier, no immigrants were going to move in next to him[scaif]. Well let the vendettas begin. History repeats.
What was the first question I asked in my Monsour history post?

-----What ethniticy were the Monsours?

Boonie, although all icky looking, was darker and had a different look about him that came from genetics. So, what was the Monsour stock?

Richard Scaife? Ligonier? The Clampets moving in next door? Was there a cement pond involved?

Those uppity Pittsburgh people and their Ligonier.

This area is so locked into social hierarchy that no one can move; it's shown up even on TOPIX, and even here within the lower classes.

But of course, class warfare is present in the Monsour story too. It wouldn't be a real SW PA story without classs warfare.
Wow

Latrobe, PA

#183 Feb 26, 2013
made me chuckle too wrote:
<quoted text>
What was the first question I asked in my Monsour history post?
-----What ethniticy were the Monsours?
Boonie, although all icky looking, was darker and had a different look about him that came from genetics. So, what was the Monsour stock?
Richard Scaife? Ligonier? The Clampets moving in next door? Was there a cement pond involved?
Those uppity Pittsburgh people and their Ligonier.
This area is so locked into social hierarchy that no one can move; it's shown up even on TOPIX, and even here within the lower classes.
But of course, class warfare is present in the Monsour story too. It wouldn't be a real SW PA story without
classs warfare.
You are crazy. Get some friends.
made me chuckle too

Carlisle, PA

#184 Feb 26, 2013
[QUOTE who="Wow] You are crazy. Get some friends.[/QUOTE]

Crazy wants to learn about Jethro setting up house next to a Mellon...
lol

Greensburg, PA

#185 Feb 27, 2013
You make feel bad saying we on topix of the lower classes. Class doesnt come from money. Boon's family is syrian on fathers side dont know about his mothers. All we know wasp didnt avoid the immigrant invasion, but managed to keep them out of Rolling Rock membership

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Latrobe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GL Football 1 hr DMZ 6
Pond Is opening? 21 hr Fred 9
Battaglia's creekside restaurant and bar on Ave... (Mar '15) 21 hr Rob 17
Barking dogs in town (Jun '15) 22 hr The jerk 37
Old Albums 22 hr The jerk 2
Heroin Fri Latresident 4
Racers Sep 22 ray ray 9

Latrobe Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance