Spirit Airlines Latrobe
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Kid

United States

#21 Feb 6, 2013
What is Spirit charging for golf clubs? I know about the 40lb weight limit, but is height limit waved for clubs? Can't seem to find an answer online.
Mike

Pittsburgh, PA

#23 Dec 21, 2013
Yes. Buy your tickets at the airport. I saved about 30 per seat. Back a backpack which travels for free, and avoid bag fee. If you do need to bring a bag , make sure you pay the fee ahead of time and don't pack more than 40 pounds. Check in online before you get there or use the kiosk at the front of the airport. (No fee). Follow their policies, and spirit is terrific. Bring your own snack if you can't go three hours without one.
Spirit airline sucks

Murrysville, PA

#24 Feb 12, 2015
This airline is terrible we waited 3 hours and then it got cancelled. Never ever fly on it it's truly awful
Las Vegas Bound

New Castle, PA

#25 Feb 18, 2015
I just booked 2 tickets to Las Vegas in August. It was 29$ cheaper to book from the counter at the airport compared to website price. I was able to get 2 tickets round trip to Vegas for 360$. She booked our tickets so we are sitting together and I did not have to pay extra for that.
Latrobe guy

Latrobe, PA

#26 Feb 18, 2015
Birdie wrote:
It's true....if you book at the counter its cheaper! They will also advise you 'if you could fly back a day later (or whatever) you could fly for half the price (or whatever).....we've flown many times and have never had a problem! Using Spirit again in late February! Love it and glad to have them in Latrobe!
Someone wrote they paid a $2.00 parking fee to purchase their flights.....parking is free at the airport, so I don't know to whom you paid this money or why??
It is cheaper and yes delays have happens but in the end the convenience is well worth the effort and minor waits. The bottom line is it beats Pittsburgh any day
Spirit lady

United States

#27 Feb 18, 2015
lat wrote:
The best way to book with Spirit is to go there (Latrobe Airport), the rates are cheaper if you go to the airport and speak to them and most of the time they will wave the $10 fee for the seating. As far as snacks go you can get something little for them once thru security and they still want you there at least 1 hour prior.
Spirit is the only way to go...Snacks can be bought but we are talking about 2 hours flights. If you like huge lines, a big parking bill, take 1.5 hours to get there and drag your baggage for ever then go to Pittsburgh Airport !! Spirit is not perfect but it sure beats the alternative.
rsa spirit employee

United States

#28 Mar 7, 2015
You can book them on both and for everyone who is asking what time to be there. If you wont to get a set get there at lest 1-2 hours prior to departure
Spirit all the way

Lady Lake, FL

#29 Mar 7, 2015
Spirit lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Spirit is the only way to go...Snacks can be bought but we are talking about 2 hours flights. If you like huge lines, a big parking bill, take 1.5 hours to get there and drag your baggage for ever then go to Pittsburgh Airport !! Spirit is not perfect but it sure beats the alternative.
Spirit is a God sent ....those that bitch about Spirit have never been to an airport before. With Vegas and Chicago on board it will be a win win for everybody!
Spirit all the way

Lady Lake, FL

#30 Mar 7, 2015
Kid wrote:
What is Spirit charging for golf clubs? I know about the 40lb weight limit, but is height limit waved for clubs? Can't seem to find an answer online.
Check out UPS or FedX... That is what my wife does ...
Spirit all the way

Lady Lake, FL

#31 Mar 7, 2015
Spirit airline sucks wrote:
This airline is terrible we waited 3 hours and then it got cancelled. Never ever fly on it it's truly awful
...so sorry to hear that. We boarded and got off three times. We finally got to Orlando around 1:00 AM. Would I fly Spirit again.... I did three times since and everything went perfect. If they cancel then I drive four miles and try it again the next day.
JoAnn

Blairsville, PA

#32 Apr 16, 2015
local wrote:
where do you book your flights with them ??? online or through a agent
You are better off going to Latrobe airport yourself or thru an INSURED agent.. I booked flights online and ended up having to pay $170 more when Bookit.com messed up our flights!!
JoAnn

Blairsville, PA

#33 Apr 16, 2015
My fiance and I are getting married in Las Vegas in May. I will be taking my gown and my fiance will be taking his tux with us. I really do not want to put them in a suitcase.. I called and asked spirit if there is any way they could hang them on the plane. The answer I got was a flat out NO!!! My gown will take up as much room as a long trench coat, same for the tux...I dont want to have to spend hours steaming my gown.. It is Chiffon. Im very irritated over this!!!!!
JoAnn

Blairsville, PA

#34 Apr 16, 2015
JoAnn wrote:
<quoted text>
You are better off going to Latrobe airport yourself or thru an INSURED agent.. I booked flights online and ended up having to pay $170 more when Bookit.com messed up our flights!!
I just found out that they have room for strollers ON THE PLANE but cant hang up a wedding gown and a tux which will not take up that much room...GRRRRRRR!!! Can anyone tell me if they have had to go through this with Spirit???
JoAnn

Blairsville, PA

#35 Apr 16, 2015
JoAnn wrote:
My fiance and I are getting married in Las Vegas in May. I will be taking my gown and my fiance will be taking his tux with us. I really do not want to put them in a suitcase.. I called and asked spirit if there is any way they could hang them on the plane. The answer I got was a flat out NO!!! My gown will take up as much room as a long trench coat, same for the tux...I dont want to have to spend hours steaming my gown.. It is Chiffon. Im very irritated over this!!!!!
I just found out that they have room for strollers ON THE PLANE but cant hang up a wedding gown and a tux which will not take up that much room...GRRRRRRR!!! Can anyone tell me if they have had to go through this with Spirit???
Marj

Gibsonia, PA

#36 Apr 17, 2015
JoAnn, why don't you and your fiancÚ ship your gown and tux to your Vegas hotel and once you check in, have the hotel staff steam the wrinkles out?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Latrobe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bulldogs (Mar '14) 4 hr Clarification 14
Latrobe Steel for Sale 12 hr Captain Obvious 8
what happened to the discussion about the race ... 13 hr Five Oh 3
Newer Latrobe eatery 14 hr Foocks sake 7
Latrobe Midget Football (Aug '09) 15 hr David 157
Knupp and Schofield country cottage Wed summer 3
Warning to runners by the stadium Wed walker 2
More from around the web

Latrobe People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE