First Prev
of 7
Next Last
whats-it-to-ya

Canonsburg, PA

#1 Feb 7, 2013
Still laughing over the article in the Trib, about our great police dept. Bumar says there is such great morale - there should be, since the officers are overpaid, driving around in new, expensive police cars and SUVs, with Mommie Beth baking them cookies and "assisting" them, while they watch their new flat screen tv they recently got (WHAT? WHAT!) How can they patrol when they are sitting inside watching TV? Oh, that's right, they don't patrol. A town like ours should have NO crime, no drugs, and hundreds of arrests, when you have a police force of 12 and the great drug dog on the job. But then the cops would actually have to get off their asses and do something. Graziani kisses their asses, and they kiss his right back. Pretty soon, he'll be tucking them into their Snuggies before he leaves for the day, so they'll be nice and warm while they watch the Pens...maybe he'll even figure out how to get some porn for them to watch on their new TV. This town is going down, we should be in bankruptcy soon,... when the bankruptcy lawyers come to town, though, they can always park their Smart Cars in the parking garage, beside the bikes parked in the $500 bike rack, and hopefully they will put their coffee cups in the $500 garbage can. And certainly they won't have to put money in the meter, because the meter lady isn't permitted to ticket most cars in Latrobe; we wouldn't want to make anyone mad by getting a parking ticket, now would we? Go to Greensburg - they ticket you while you are unlocking your car door to get in! Not Latrobe; park wherever the hell you want, shoot... if there's not a parking space there, Graziani will make one for you! No wonder everyone was glad when Graziani came to Latrobe; I hear his previous employer is still in recovery, and doing well in rehab. This all may sound sarcastic to you, but it's all true, and serious. When is someone, Council, maybe, going to wake up? When the bankruptcy court steps in? When even more people move out of Latrobe because they can't afford the taxes? It's a sad place we're in right now, but it's going to get a lot worse if someone doesn't wake up and start some heads rolling. Someone somewhere else wrote that Graziani and Council are just puppets and Okonak and Quatrini are the puppeteers - I agree wholeheartedly!
why latrobe fails

Carlisle, PA

#2 Feb 7, 2013
whats-it-to-ya wrote:
Someone somewhere else wrote that Graziani and Council are just puppets and Okonak and Quatrini are the puppeteers - I agree wholeheartedly!
It's hard for a town to fail as much as Latrobe has failed over the years. But, when a town fails over and over and over, there's got to be a driving force.

Let's examine that:

1) Why destroy all the historic buildings?

answer: it destroys the town's pride and collective memory.

2) Why keep the town so ugly?

answer: those with a brains and money won't want to live here.

3) What happens with 1 is combined with 2?

answer: you've created a town of stupid people, who know nothing, whom you can control, since they don't know up from down.

4) Why would this be beneficial to anyone leading the down to sure implosion?

answer: you can own the town! Keep your fund growing! Keep your cushy job! and live outside of the plebians you've corralled into Latrobe's despair and downtrodden circumstances.
Goodbye Blue Monday

Latrobe, PA

#3 Feb 7, 2013
why latrobe fails wrote:
<quoted text>
It's hard for a town to fail as much as Latrobe has failed over the years. But, when a town fails over and over and over, there's got to be a driving force.
Let's examine that:
1) Why destroy all the historic buildings?
answer: it destroys the town's pride and collective memory.
2) Why keep the town so ugly?
answer: those with a brains and money won't want to live here.
3) What happens with 1 is combined with 2?
answer: you've created a town of stupid people, who know nothing, whom you can control, since they don't know up from down.
4) Why would this be beneficial to anyone leading the down to sure implosion?
answer: you can own the town! Keep your fund growing! Keep your cushy job! and live outside of the plebians you've corralled into Latrobe's despair and downtrodden circumstances.
You're like a prophet whose prophesies are 40 years too late. What good does it do for you to repeat the same thing over and over. As much as you wish to rub the town's nose in it's own doo-doo, it won't stop the same town from crapping on the carpet again and again.
why latrobe fails

Carlisle, PA

#4 Feb 7, 2013
Goodbye Blue Monday wrote:
You're like a prophet whose prophesies are 40 years too late. What good does it do for you to repeat the same thing over and over. As much as you wish to rub the town's nose in it's own doo-doo, it won't stop the same town from crapping on the carpet again and again.
OMG you made me laugh...

It's just that -- now -- I've been back "home" long-enough, almost 10-years, and the first 5-years, I ignored the little town's goings-on, because I didn't want a migraine from small town living.

Then, I watched the first, second, and third beans erected so close to Avenue E, and I almost died...

Since then, I barely pay attention, god if I actually -- tried -- I'd have a novel-length collection of how stupid Latrobe and its leaders are.

And, I'm not trying to be mean. I just can't believe how dumb everyone is -- even after they hire a professional to speak, and yet, they STILL DON'T LISTEN to their own guest speaker.

Now, that takes concerted effort...
Well

Latrobe, PA

#5 Feb 7, 2013
whats-it-to-ya wrote:
Still laughing over the article in the Trib, about our great police dept. Bumar says there is such great morale - there should be, since the officers are overpaid, driving around in new, expensive police cars and SUVs, with Mommie Beth baking them cookies and "assisting" them, while they watch their new flat screen tv they recently got (WHAT? WHAT!) How can they patrol when they are sitting inside watching TV? Oh, that's right, they don't patrol. A town like ours should have NO crime, no drugs, and hundreds of arrests, when you have a police force of 12 and the great drug dog on the job. But then the cops would actually have to get off their asses and do something. Graziani kisses their asses, and they kiss his right back. Pretty soon, he'll be tucking them into their Snuggies before he leaves for the day, so they'll be nice and warm while they watch the Pens...maybe he'll even figure out how to get some porn for them to watch on their new TV. This town is going down, we should be in bankruptcy soon,... when the bankruptcy lawyers come to town, though, they can always park their Smart Cars in the parking garage, beside the bikes parked in the $500 bike rack, and hopefully they will put their coffee cups in the $500 garbage can. And certainly they won't have to put money in the meter, because the meter lady isn't permitted to ticket most cars in Latrobe; we wouldn't want to make anyone mad by getting a parking ticket, now would we? Go to Greensburg - they ticket you while you are unlocking your car door to get in! Not Latrobe; park wherever the hell you want, shoot... if there's not a parking space there, Graziani will make one for you! No wonder everyone was glad when Graziani came to Latrobe; I hear his previous employer is still in recovery, and doing well in rehab. This all may sound sarcastic to you, but it's all true, and serious. When is someone, Council, maybe, going to wake up? When the bankruptcy court steps in? When even more people move out of Latrobe because they can't afford the taxes? It's a sad place we're in right now, but it's going to get a lot worse if someone doesn't wake up and start some heads rolling. Someone somewhere else wrote that Graziani and Council are just puppets and Okonak and Quatrini are the puppeteers - I agree wholeheartedly!
Maybe they should start with getting rid of the sanitation secretary since that job could be handled by the refuse company. I thinks its funny that you say the police do nothing yet if you actually read the article you would see that they filed more criminal complaints, at mahady's than 7 police departments, including the state police, did with thiels office. And by your logic the city of pittsburgh, with 850 officers, should also be crime and drug free. The city of new york,with over 37,000 police officers, should also be crime and drug free. You sound like nothing more than a disgruntled secretary!

http://triblive.com/neighborhoods/yourlatrobe...

Read it for yourself. Yep, they're overpaid and do nothing but whatch television!(Sarcasm)
whats-it-to-ya

Canonsburg, PA

#6 Feb 7, 2013
And it sounds like you are someone who doesn't like the sanitation secretary....this was about the abuse of the police dept, not sanitation. If you read the article in the Trib, it would appear that the only reason more complaints were filed is because the police have a mommy to file the complaints for them. The norm is one officer per thousand people; we have about 7,000 people in Latrobe, and we have twelve officers, a drug dog and a "community service officer" (a/k/a Mommy Beth). When I see an officer drive past me, barely stop at a stop sign, and note that they are talking on their cell phone, I can see a BIB problem. And you sound like maybe you are tied to one of our officers. Huh....shouldn't you be out patrolling or something? Oh, that's right, homey don't do dat. We used to have a good force, now we have a bunch of spoiled, chubby cry-babies. I'd love to see them out on one of the bikes, or even riding around Legion Keener on a quad. Oh yeah, Legion Keener - our great police dept solved that crime quickly, didn't they? The arsonist(s) must have forgotten to leave a trail of breadcrumbs for them. And I'm glad you indicated "sarcasm" on your post; I thought it was just stupidity, not sarcasm.
Well wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe they should start with getting rid of the sanitation secretary since that job could be handled by the refuse company. I thinks its funny that you say the police do nothing yet if you actually read the article you would see that they filed more criminal complaints, at mahady's than 7 police departments, including the state police, did with thiels office. And by your logic the city of pittsburgh, with 850 officers, should also be crime and drug free. The city of new york,with over 37,000 police officers, should also be crime and drug free. You sound like nothing more than a disgruntled secretary!
http://triblive.com/neighborhoods/yourlatrobe...
Read it for yourself. Yep, they're overpaid and do nothing but whatch television!(Sarcasm)
Well

Latrobe, PA

#7 Feb 7, 2013
whats-it-to-ya wrote:
And it sounds like you are someone who doesn't like the sanitation secretary....this was about the abuse of the police dept, not sanitation. If you read the article in the Trib, it would appear that the only reason more complaints were filed is because the police have a mommy to file the complaints for them. The norm is one officer per thousand people; we have about 7,000 people in Latrobe, and we have twelve officers, a drug dog and a "community service officer" (a/k/a Mommy Beth). When I see an officer drive past me, barely stop at a stop sign, and note that they are talking on their cell phone, I can see a BIB problem. And you sound like maybe you are tied to one of our officers. Huh....shouldn't you be out patrolling or something? Oh, that's right, homey don't do dat. We used to have a good force, now we have a bunch of spoiled, chubby cry-babies. I'd love to see them out on one of the bikes, or even riding around Legion Keener on a quad. Oh yeah, Legion Keener - our great police dept solved that crime quickly, didn't they? The arsonist(s) must have forgotten to leave a trail of breadcrumbs for them. And I'm glad you indicated "sarcasm" on your post; I thought it was just stupidity, not sarcasm. <quoted text>
Your "norm" of 1 officer per 1000 people is completely antiquated. With that logic the city of pittsburgh should only have 375 officers instead of approx 850, city of new york 10,000 insted of 37,000, and the city of greensburg 15 instead of 26. If you weren't such a dumb?ss you would know that the community service officer is not a sworn law enforcement officer and cannot handle police duties. You say "barely stop" at a stop sign, so they did stop! Quit being a whiney bi!ch because someone makes more money than you as you sit behind your desk day in and day out!
Well

Latrobe, PA

#8 Feb 7, 2013
P.S. your census number of 7,000 is only 1300 people to low. Maybe get your facts in order before you keep posting this nonsense!
NAH UH YEAH UH

Latrobe, PA

#9 Feb 7, 2013
Well wrote:
P.S. your census number of 7,000 is only 1300 people to low. Maybe get your facts in order before you keep posting this nonsense!
Thats it! You told her! I fully expect to never see another foolish post with made up stats ever again!
Well

Latrobe, PA

#10 Feb 7, 2013
NAH UH YEAH UH wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats it! You told her! I fully expect to never see another foolish post with made up stats ever again!
No, on the contrary, i expect to see many more foolish posts from her! Just pointing out the errors to people who may not know otherwise!
Police Officers goals

Carlisle, PA

#11 Feb 7, 2013
I thought the Latrobe Police had wards, and were supposed to go on foot patrols in those ward. That would be nice, even if it's just for 1-hour a day. Those were Chief Bumar's goals, when he took his new position.

Have those foot patrols and assigned wards not worked out?

I generally believe that a town like Latrobe, a small, rural town, should have two officers on duty 24-hours a day. No officer should be on his own, that's just not safe.

And, if all the dumbass calls that the Officers get -- like my old neighbor calling because my right foot walked on his grass (well, then I called, because he'd reach over the fence and the property lines, two whackos, side by side -- well, those should be saved for the Community Officer, right?

The drug dog does no harm, and it's good to have for the school kids to get sniffed up a little. It's good to have to walk into the bars in downtown Latrobe, too. Does Rocky go into bars? If not, he should once in a while. Would that be a violation of some civil right?

I think that Latrobe's officers handle too many stupid calls and could be redirected to more important stuff.

But, 2-people, every shift, 24-7 is just common sense.
andy g

Latrobe, PA

#12 Feb 7, 2013
Wake dumb dumb. We aint living in mayberry. If you hate the police so bad go elsewheres. By the way tslking on a cell phone while driving is legal and i've seen most of the officers and don't believe any are chubby. You are one of these people that gripe and complain about these men and woman but are quick to call. Please move. Mexico prehaps.
wholy cow

Latrobe, PA

#13 Feb 7, 2013
Who pooped in your cornflakes this morning.
marvin

Latrobe, PA

#14 Feb 7, 2013
Damn. Looks like the cops better check their backs for knives.
unknown

Meadow Lands, PA

#15 Feb 7, 2013
I know why the numbers our down when you call the police station they never show then you have to hold them down arrest the dick heads that pulkl knifes on you in the park that come out of drug rehab. then call police again to help you or you drive or walk down to legion keener park 2 am see the cop car sitting down there with frosted windows and i seen this on other streets in latrobe parked till early morning before school buses come out. there are cops that do there jobs and others that do not.. I do feel alot of them have gotten lax..
Well

Latrobe, PA

#16 Feb 7, 2013
unknown wrote:
I know why the numbers our down when you call the police station they never show then you have to hold them down arrest the dick heads that pulkl knifes on you in the park that come out of drug rehab. then call police again to help you or you drive or walk down to legion keener park 2 am see the cop car sitting down there with frosted windows and i seen this on other streets in latrobe parked till early morning before school buses come out. there are cops that do there jobs and others that do not.. I do feel alot of them have gotten lax..
Wow!?
sour grapes

Latrobe, PA

#17 Feb 7, 2013
its cold outside, i really hate walking around in the cold.
Lil Timmy

United States

#18 Feb 8, 2013
sour grapes wrote:
its cold outside, i really hate walking around in the cold.
Should have picked another profession then jag-off.
driver

Latrobe, PA

#19 Feb 8, 2013
Ummm if you are at the park at 2am you should be arrested as the park closes at dusk. According to the sign this is considered a trespass. As for having a knife pulled on you in the park by somebody who just got out of rehab, maybe you should hang around a better class of people. Lotta cop haters out there. I've found that through speaking with people who hate the po-po that this is a result of some negative reaction such as an arrest or being told that the officers aren't there to be a parent to your child.
food for thought

Latrobe, PA

#20 Feb 8, 2013
Mr. Citizen, it seems you've figured me out. I fit neatly into the category
where you've placed me. I'm stereotyped, standardized, characterized,
classified, grouped, and always typical. Unfortunately, the reverse is true. I
can never figure you out.
From birth, you teach your children that I'm the bogeyman and then you're
shocked when they identify/associate with my traditional enemy.... the criminal!
You accuse me of coddling criminals.... until I catch your kids doing wrong.
You may take an hour for lunch and several coffee breaks each day, but point
me out as a loafer for having one cup. You pride yourself on your manners, but
think nothing of disrupting my meals with your troubles.
You raise Cain with the guy who cuts you off in traffic, but let me catch you
doing the same thing and I'm picking on you. You know all the traffic laws....
but you've never gotten a single ticket you deserve. You shout "FOUL" if you
observe me driving fast to a call, but raise the roof if I take more than ten
seconds to respond to your complaint.
You call it part of my job if someone strikes me, but call it police brutality
if I strike back. You wouldn't think of telling your dentist how to pull a tooth
or your doctor how to take out an appendix, yet you are always willing to give
me pointers on the law. You talk to me in a manner that would get you a bloody
nose from anyone else, but expect me to take it without batting an eye.
You yell that something's got to be done to fight crime, but you can't be
bothered to get involved. I am the one who runs to a gun fight or any fight for
that matter and you are the one who is always running away and calling for the
POLICE. You have no use for me at all, but of course it's OK if I change a flat
for your wife, deliver your child in the back of the patrol car, or perhaps save
your son's life with mouth to mouth breathing, or work many hours overtime
looking for your lost daughter. You are the one calling in about speeding in
your area and want something done about it. Then we set up radar and its your
wife or even you that we catch. Then its a radar trap again . Go Figure.
So Mr. Citizen, you can stand there on your soapbox and rant and rave about
the way I do my work, calling me every name in the book, but never stop to think
that your property, family, or maybe even your life depends on me or one of my
buddies. Yes, Mr. Citizen, it's me the cop!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Latrobe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What is happening to this perfect sleeper? 6 hr LOK 2
Pronounce "Latrobe" (Apr '13) 12 hr Jim Moz 26
heroin and narcan 15 hr Name1843 44
People that cheat the System (Feb '13) 23 hr Mayuka2846 120
Heroin Museum Tue haha 19
Home Inspections and Pennsylvania Law May 22 Renee 25
Allen Roth (Aug '12) May 22 Oink 39

Latrobe Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Latrobe Mortgages