Weird things at Latrobe Steel??

Posted in the Latrobe Forum

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Gary D

Latrobe, PA

#11 Mar 7, 2011
No, I meant the union selling drugs, that's the part that interests me the most. Fascinating to say the least but I'm not surprised by this.

Latrobe Steel and Vulcan Mold both?

Since: Feb 11

Philadelphia, PA

#12 Mar 7, 2011
I know that in the past 20 years, there was a call girl service based in latrobe. I would not be surprised by your grandfather's stories.

I am also fascinated by the bordello room in the building Renee "toured".

Since: Feb 11

Philadelphia, PA

#15 Mar 7, 2011
Did this room have windows? Or were they lacked out?

5th Ward Resident

“Won't you touch my sweater”

Since: Sep 10

Latrobe, PA

#16 Mar 7, 2011
Pixarfreak wrote:
Did this room have windows? Or were they lacked out?
There were no windows...that's why it was so obvious that this room was "special" since the rest of the rooms, and the interior of the building was filled with light...
out of the furnace

Latrobe, PA

#19 Mar 7, 2011
For anyone who wants to read a history of 3-generations of mill workers, there's a great locally written text,

"Out of the Furnace",

which you'll enjoy. Takes place in Pittsburgh...
JoeK

Latrobe, PA

#20 Mar 11, 2011
I missed a few days and just read this thread.

So do I have this correct...

The union, Steelworkers 1537, sold drugs to their members so they would get more work done.

Drug use is good for production?

And you base your claims of drugs and sex on wallpaper and mirrors in an old abandoned building that wasn't owned by Latrobe Steel at the time. But you have no proof to back up these outrageous claims.

I have read almost all of your posts here but this whole thread might just be the topper on your crazy cake.
Jagger

Pittsburgh, PA

#21 Mar 11, 2011
Maybe you feel like taking a swing at her Joe....teach her a lesson.
From Oakville

Natrona Heights, PA

#22 Mar 11, 2011
JoeK wrote:
I missed a few days and just read this thread.
So do I have this correct...
The union, Steelworkers 1537, sold drugs to their members so they would get more work done.
Drug use is good for production?
And you base your claims of drugs and sex on wallpaper and mirrors in an old abandoned building that wasn't owned by Latrobe Steel at the time. But you have no proof to back up these outrageous claims.
I have read almost all of your posts here but this whole thread might just be the topper on your crazy cake.
I have read all the "post" on this subject and want to offer my comments since I worked at Latrobe Steel in that time period. But where do I start?
Swede Sanderson did not work on the Latrobe steel trailer trucks as they were owned ny Neal Trucking from Blairsville.
Drugs being sold by the union to members and truck drivers-- Never happened! For years my job had me working in ALL departments of the plant and I NEVER heard or saw any of this drug selling!
I have seen some numbers writers writing numbers and a few guys coming in hung over, but whole sale drug use --some one is dreaming!! Any one that worked in a steel mill with red hot steel knows you have got to be alert at all times. It was and is a very dangerous job! To even say people were on drugs and doing this kind of work only shows they were never in a steel mill!
As far as the Vulcan Mold buildings, never been in any of them and except for a area to have meetings with union officials , no company ever provide have a room for their use on their property. There are many retired Vulcan union men in Fifth warn, ask them what that area was for as they would know. But I am sure the company would not provide the union with a room for their own use. Company buildings were used by the company for whatever use they had for it. The do not provide any union a room for their own use and only provide a room where they meet for any dealings with the union officials.

5th Ward Resident

Latrobe, PA

#23 Mar 11, 2011
From Oakville wrote:
Swede Sanderson did not work on the Latrobe steel trailer trucks as they were owned ny Neal Trucking from Blairsville.
So ya called John Sanderson, "swede".
Jack

United States

#24 Mar 11, 2011
From Oakville wrote:
<quoted text>
Any one that worked in a steel mill with red hot steel knows you have got to be alert at all times. It was and is a very dangerous job! To even say people were on drugs and doing this kind of work only shows they were never in a steel mill!
LOL !! I worked for USS National Tube in Mckeesport,there were lots of coke & pot used every day in the mill.
From Oakville

Natrona Heights, PA

#25 Mar 11, 2011
Don't know anything about National Tube-- I said all my coments about Latrobe steel from the 60's until the 90's. As far as I am concerned anyone that does dugs and works with hot steel is just plain STUPID !!!!
Jack

United States

#26 Mar 11, 2011
From Oakville wrote:
Don't know anything about National Tube-- I said all my coments about Latrobe steel from the 60's until the 90's. As far as I am concerned anyone that does dugs and works with hot steel is just plain STUPID !!!!
I agree,but drugs are EVERYWHERE !
Obamanation

Chicago, IL

#27 Mar 11, 2011
no doubt

5th Ward Resident

Latrobe, PA

#28 Mar 11, 2011
...and again, this is not "my story" but the thread started because a the intial poster's grandfather is telling her stories about such things.

...I put together what I witnessed over the years, as a resident within 2-blocks of Vulcan Mold and Latrobe Steel (it's just like living in Lago da Vita), and contributed more...

...of course the unions did things that they shouldn't have done...

...where'e Jimmy Hoffa?

...where's the $18,000, that the Latrobe union "boss" stole in 2009?

...and John Sanderson was one wild character, who was deeply involved in drugs along the mills in Latrobe...
JoeK

Latrobe, PA

#29 Mar 11, 2011
Jagger wrote:
Maybe you feel like taking a swing at her Joe....teach her a lesson.
TOM

5th Ward Resident

Latrobe, PA

#30 Mar 11, 2011
JoeK wrote:
TOM
Hey JoKe: why don't you start another history thread...

Did you read the hisotry of Legion Keener in the current issue of "Around Latrobe"? I really enjoyed that article.
Jack

United States

#31 Mar 11, 2011
JoeK wrote:
<quoted text>
TOM
Tom who ?
JoeK

Latrobe, PA

#32 Aug 26, 2011
Classic Renee...so batshit crazy I'll guarantee you that she sleeps hanging up side down.
Mindy

Port Matilda, PA

#33 Aug 26, 2011
I'm sure there's a huge sale on garlic when she's around....
lat

Irwin, PA

#35 Aug 27, 2011
i love that this thread was pulled now it can be referenced anytime she wants something pulled for us calling her Renee. Post 2 clearly has her refering to herself and how to contact her at facebook, it also shows how absurd her STORIES get.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Latrobe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fruitcake constable 1 hr Case 25
Latrobe Steel workers contract expires 8/1 5 hr depot don 54
Latrobe shop n save 14 hr summer 3
Muck is a liar (Dec '13) Fri Uncle George 26
Pronounce "Latrobe" (Apr '13) Jul 20 By any other name 28
Jioio's Restaurant (Nov '10) Jul 20 aphid 123
god Jul 20 dmiclock 4

Latrobe Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance