First Prev
of 4
Next Last
bummer dude

Greensburg, PA

#1 Dec 20, 2012
Well, tonight I was in a car accident. Not my fault. A young girl turned left in front of me on a rural two lane road. She admitted over and over that she didn't see me.

Of course, since I'm so poor, I didn't have collision. My insurance says that since it's her fault, her insurance (her parents' insurance) will pay.

But my 28-year-old Mercedes probably has an Edmond's value lower than what the body work to repair will cost. This is not good, since I moved to a rural area with no public transportation services anywhere.

The car was only a two owner car with only 152,000 miles on it. Mercedes 300 TD diesel engines last to 500,000 miles if they are serviced regularly.

I'm kinda bummed out, feeling very down. Does anyone want to insult me so we can flame each other for a few days to take my mind off of this?

Go ahead, call me horseface, or fat ass, or leech, mooch, whatever...

Maye tell me a joke?

Or a nice holiday story
Goodbye Blue Monday

Latrobe, PA

#2 Dec 20, 2012
Your ass can barely fit on a two-lane road, she musta been blind not to see you coming.

But seriously, glad there were no injuries.
bummer dude

Greensburg, PA

#3 Dec 20, 2012
Goodbye Blue Monday wrote:
Your ass can barely fit on a two-lane road, she musta been blind not to see you coming.
But seriously, glad there were no injuries.
My ass can too fit on a two lane road! It's my nose that blocks the sunlight...

Yea, it's good the two of us were OK, but she was driving her parents' car, so she's in big trouble!
bummer dude

Greensburg, PA

#4 Dec 20, 2012
My bank lawsuit isn't coming to well. I think I smell a better one now.
LOK

Latrobe, PA

#5 Dec 20, 2012
Dad's on his way up. Just east of little rock. His ass is probably gonna hit all of this snow/ice. Effing great. Old guy driving and pulling a trailer in this shit. (Sigh,) the effing black cloud follows him every where.

Since: Jan 11

#6 Dec 20, 2012
bummer dude wrote:
Does anyone want to insult me so we can flame each other for a few days to take my mind off of this?
You go first.:)

Very sorry to hear about your accident. Not many people would carry collision insurance on a 28 year old car with 150k miles on it.

Are you still living in Herminie? Can't you find something in Greensburg or Pittsburgh where you could live without a car?(Although Greensburg would probably be a stretch.) To be honest, I don't really understand why you hang around the area, with not much family and few friends from your childhood.

Get a bike, maybe? I see a few hardy souls biking in 10 degree whether, with 8 inches of snow on the ground, going out to buy a couple bags of groceries or to meet friends at the pub for drinks. More power too them. I sure wish I had the disciple to do it.
bummer dude

Greensburg, PA

#7 Dec 20, 2012
LOK wrote:
Dad's on his way up. Just east of little rock. His ass is probably gonna hit all of this snow/ice. Effing great. Old guy driving and pulling a trailer in this shit.(Sigh,) the effing black cloud follows him every where.
OMG! Your dad is coming? Just for the holidays or to live with you? If he's just visiting, don't let him go home. woooooo him now! ;-)
bummer dude

Greensburg, PA

#8 Dec 20, 2012
Jim Moz wrote:
To be honest, I don't really understand why you hang around the area, with not much family and few friends from your childhood.
OK...a year later, to set the record straight, where I moved is so rural -- Herminie is off in the distance, like a little German hamlet!

If I lived in Herminie, I could at least walk to two slum bars and buy cheap domestic bad beer or go to the Dairy Queen. And Herminie has bus service!(to Irwin and Jeanette, jsut the places I want to go...argh!)

When it was time for me to leave my family home, I took this place, because everything would fit in it and I'd have my dogs, too. But, I've since learned that all the stuff bothers me, it's all out of place, it's not my West Coast places, not Avenue D.

It is time for me to go...

Two months ago, in an effort to lighten my load, and give my boy dog the exercise he needs, I tried re-homing my boy dog, and I kid you not I took him to a $1,000,000 home, but they were like dog hoarders, and I ended up bringing him back here. They were going to keep him in a crate during the day and night. He deserves an athlete; he'd make a great agility dog. He's not a family dog.

-----One of the things I thought about when I first moved here was: I could leave the area, but I'd never get to help Latrobe. I have all this knowledge of and history about Latrobe, and if I leave, it will never get used. But, it's never gonna get used with me living out in the cow pastures and cornfields, either!
bummer dude

Greensburg, PA

#9 Dec 20, 2012
Jim Moz wrote:
Jim Moz, you're so ugly that when you were born the doctor slapped your mother!
bummer dude

Greensburg, PA

#10 Dec 20, 2012
Jim Moz wrote:
Jim Moz, you're so ugly that when you were born, they put tinted windows on the incubator.

Jim Moz, you're so ugly that when you go into a bank, the cameras shut themselves off!
bummer dude

Greensburg, PA

#11 Dec 20, 2012
Jim Moz, your'e so ugly that when you were born, to breast feed you, your mother put on black glasses and pretended she was Stevie Wonder!
Gringo

Baltimore, MD

#12 Dec 21, 2012
bummer dude wrote:
Well, tonight I was in a car accident. Not my fault. A young girl turned left in front of me on a rural two lane road. She admitted over and over that she didn't see me.
Of course, since I'm so poor, I didn't have collision. My insurance says that since it's her fault, her insurance (her parents' insurance) will pay.
But my 28-year-old Mercedes probably has an Edmond's value lower than what the body work to repair will cost. This is not good, since I moved to a rural area with no public transportation services anywhere.
The car was only a two owner car with only 152,000 miles on it. Mercedes 300 TD diesel engines last to 500,000 miles if they are serviced regularly.
I'm kinda bummed out, feeling very down. Does anyone want to insult me so we can flame each other for a few days to take my mind off of this?
Go ahead, call me horseface, or fat ass, or leech, mooch, whatever...
Maye tell me a joke?
Or a nice holiday story
Don't worry the republicans give a sh.it..
Well they won't let anyone take away your guns anyway..

But sorry for your dilemna..I've reached those knida lows myself at times but you'll figure something out...
Carfax

Greensburg, PA

#14 Dec 21, 2012
There maybe a retired Vietnamese or Cambodian dignitary that is no longer in need of their circa 1980's Mercedes, you might be able to pick up a replacement cheap.
lat

Irwin, PA

#15 Dec 21, 2012
At least no one was injured that is a good thing. Sadly you probably wont get much for your car.

Gotta ask ya, what do you really think you can do for Latrobe other than sit on your computer and complain on Topix? It's not like in the last few years you've done anything else.

Don't ya think its time to move on and try living for a change? You have wasted so many years that you will never get back.
lat

Irwin, PA

#16 Dec 21, 2012
LOK wrote:
Dad's on his way up. Just east of little rock. His ass is probably gonna hit all of this snow/ice. Effing great. Old guy driving and pulling a trailer in this shit.(Sigh,) the effing black cloud follows him every where.
Hope your dad has safe travels, enjoy your time with him and i hope that you can convince him to stay. Have a blessed Christmas
kim

Mount Pleasant, PA

#17 Dec 21, 2012
i would be very happy to have my taxes go way up so society could provide you with 24-7 bus service from your house.
bummer dude

Greensburg, PA

#18 Dec 21, 2012
kim wrote:
i would be very happy to have my taxes go way up so society could provide you with 24-7 bus service from your house.
Yes, it's so much less costly for all people to drive one car, one person at a time. Public transportation, especially in a poor county like Westmoreland, is a silly, silly, idea.

BTW: I used to live in a major metropolitan area and LOVED using the bus system. I often went four weeks at a time without touching my car.
Yshewontmove

Greensburg, PA

#19 Dec 21, 2012
Welfare dollars go much further in Latrobe, PA than in San Francisco, CA.
bummer dude

Greensburg, PA

#20 Dec 21, 2012
Yshewontmove wrote:
Welfare dollars go much further in Latrobe, PA than in San Francisco, CA.
There is no welfare in San Francisco, you moron. Well, actually, the homeless people living on the streets to get welfare. But, there's no housing! no projects!(well, maybe there's a token building somewhere near the overpasses).

I never even knew one person to collect unemployment. Using craigslist, I just saw that the least nice place I ever lived, a studio, is now renting for $1,495, in the red light district, the Tenderloin.

That's why it was such a great place to live: everyone was educated. Everyone had money. There were endless jobs, and it was like an entire town of 800,000 people of middle to upperclass people. There were no fat people. I never saw a fat person! ahhhhh...those were the days.
wow

Mount Pleasant, PA

#21 Dec 21, 2012
bummer dude wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no welfare in San Francisco, you moron. Well, actually, the homeless people living on the streets to get welfare. But, there's no housing! no projects!(well, maybe there's a token building somewhere near the overpasses).
I never even knew one person to collect unemployment. Using craigslist, I just saw that the least nice place I ever lived, a studio, is now renting for $1,495, in the red light district, the Tenderloin.
That's why it was such a great place to live: everyone was educated. Everyone had money. There were endless jobs, and it was like an entire town of 800,000 people of middle to upperclass people. There were no fat people. I never saw a fat person! ahhhhh...those were the days.
Talk about seeing through rose-colored glasses. Grow up, make use of some of your remaining life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Latrobe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Should terms of teacher contracts be public ? (May '14) 2 hr Mark 37
Poll Was DAEA letter to Bulletin inflamatory? 3 hr Public Knowlegde 37
DASD School Board Races 3 hr what does a membe... 4
Derry Township Meeting, DeCario Shuts Off Resid... 3 hr Taxpayer 4
Eastern Derry 12 hr wow 1
Battaglias's Creekside restaurant Mon Ron k 16
another OD May 1 the gravedigger 6
More from around the web

Latrobe People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE